By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - An Interesting History of the Sexualisation of Samus Aran

AZWification said:
Puppyroach said:
How do peop0le here Think gamers would react if Link or Mario would be depicted the same way?

I don't think anyone would like to see Mario in a bikini!

Depends on the Mario :3

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Depends on the Mario :3

OK, OK! I guess some exceptions do exist!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I hate when people just complain about a lead being sexy... its like, are you serious? These journalists really need to take out the cock up their ass and quit whining about a character that looks sexy. I mean, just cause shes a strong female lead doesn't mean she has to wear full body armor u cunts

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

The article is a crock of useless boiling horse shit.

I think Sean Malstrom said it best. (and I quote below) These is just a fraction of his piece but it makes too much sense not to ignore.

"It’s nice when people realize it is ridiculous to worry about fantasy women who only exist in our imaginations. If women can’t look hot in fantasy, then where can they look hot? Are we to believe that a woman can cast fireballs, raise the dead, transport people across the world, yet it is ‘unrealistic’ for her to not be fat? I’d imagine if women had magic powers, the first thing they would do is make themselves look super hot"

In other words, we're taking realism way too seriously in the land of fiction (particularly in video games and comics). That's all it is, is fiction. It was never mean to represent or portrayal what the human gender is supposed to look like.  it's just a guy's (or even gal's) fantasy.

Plus don't bring up the issue of kids being influenced by these (fictional) characters because that just further proves the point above in that fictional characters are/were never meant to be taken seriously in the first place. They're just based off of a person's imagination of what the human (whether male or female) being could look like outside of reality.

Plus I don't see or hear any outrage from men when women picture guys to look like Zangeif, or Jacob Black.

Here is the full article by the way...

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2013/04/30/the-market-is-the-moral-regulator-of-video-games/

Around the Network

Well this article is a load of crap.

Really, it's only after Other M did this whole "sexualisation" of Samus began.

Slarvax said:

As in, that's the clothes female boxers/athletic woman wear... But apparently that's too hard to comprehend *sigh*

Fucking THIS!