By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Turok deserves a reboot/remaster/remake

Tagged games:

Yes, the first 2 games on N64 were excellent with a great atmosphere and some incredible techno music.

But they really have to give us an effective and convenient map because some parts on N64 were a maze IMO.

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
Yes, the first 2 games on N64 were excellent with a great atmosphere and some incredible techno music.

But they really have to give us an effective and convenient map because some parts on N64 were a maze IMO.

Use case #1 for the gamepad!

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

globalisateur said:

I wouldnt call it techno but its damn awesome.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

fleischr said:
NiKKoM said:
Disney has the license... So.. Never gonna happen..

So they would never consider selling something they're probably never going to use again?

The question is: who would buy it? An ip is valuable when you have everything, not just one piece.. Shooting dinosaurs isn't patented by Turok..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

fleischr said:
EspadaGrim said:
Who currently owns the IP?

Disney Interactive.

So the game has no chance of being made unless a dev buys the ip or buys the license.

Around the Network
fleischr said:
globalisateur said:

Use case #1 for the gamepad!

No. The map has to be integrated constantly in the HUD, somehow (like they do in the army BTW in fighters), with an option to make it big when you push a button. Some games like Infamous do it perfectly.

The gamepad doesn't work in any fast paced game IMO. It would break the immersion each time you look at the gamepad.

Turok     X360     2008     0.73 millions     metascore: 69

Turok     PS3     2008     0.64 millions      metascore: 67

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/turok/results

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turok_(video_game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIwKyhQ4NOI

fleischr said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So you want a Turok reboot on Wii U?

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of reboot. But it simply couldn't thrive on Wii U.

I'd also wager you don't think Bayo 2 will be that successful either.

I think Bayo 2 has more sales potential as a multiplat game. Platinum developed it for Wii U because NIntendo paid for it, not because of sales potential.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

i want a new Dino Crisis as well...

fleischr said:
EspadaGrim said:
Who currently owns the IP?

Disney Interactive.

What the hell? How the hell did that end up happening? o.O

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---