By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sexism on VGC Forums

Lawlight said:
Conegamer said:
I'd have to agree with starcraft here. Sexism is something that people may consider to be harmless, but that isn't always the case as you have no idea how the other person will react. Certain actions yesterday and today have shown me the reason why I was concerned about this issue beforehand and why my posting, and that of some female users (and male I suppose) dwindled for a period. There's just no real need for it and it shouldn't be tolerated, after all it is against the forum rules.

This is a site for all people of all nationalities, and also both genders. Women shouldn't need to feel pushed away for being a woman, they shouldn't have to hide behind a male profile (perhaps it is something which could be scrapped altogether), and they should be allowed to post as freely as anyone else.

Perhaps today, moderations were strict and wide-sweeping. But then again, perhaps something needed to be done in order to fix this issue before it gets even more out of hand.

So, the solution is to close whole threads?

We close threads if they end up as flame wars. We close threads if they end up trolling. We close thread if they're just spam. 

Why should we not close threads if it contains sexism? It's against the forum rules, it should be treated as such. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Lawlight said:
Conegamer said:
I'd have to agree with starcraft here. Sexism is something that people may consider to be harmless, but that isn't always the case as you have no idea how the other person will react. Certain actions yesterday and today have shown me the reason why I was concerned about this issue beforehand and why my posting, and that of some female users (and male I suppose) dwindled for a period. There's just no real need for it and it shouldn't be tolerated, after all it is against the forum rules.

This is a site for all people of all nationalities, and also both genders. Women shouldn't need to feel pushed away for being a woman, they shouldn't have to hide behind a male profile (perhaps it is something which could be scrapped altogether), and they should be allowed to post as freely as anyone else.

Perhaps today, moderations were strict and wide-sweeping. But then again, perhaps something needed to be done in order to fix this issue before it gets even more out of hand.

So, the solution is to close whole threads?

We close threads if they end up as flame wars. We close threads if they end up trolling. We close thread if they're just spam. 

Why should we not close threads if it contains sexism? It's against the forum rules, it should be treated as such. 

Did the whole thread end up as sexism? There's a difference? Do you close a thread just because it contains trolling? No. You only close it's just pure trolling. Same thing with spamming and flame wars.

Mr Puggsly said:
Can we still make NSFW threads with pictures of hawt ladies?

As long as you don't post "explicit" stuff, yes!  Shit happens ( by that I mean Smeags is going to fucking kill you) if you post explicit stuff though!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

starcraft said:

Please remember that sexism is not permitted on these forums in any way shape or form. Mods try to recognise that sometimes people word things poorly or say things they instantly regret, but it is not acceptable to make comments insulting to individuals or genders that are predominantly or in a major way motivated by judgements based on gender.

It is perfectly possible to debate issues relating to gender (particularly in the off-topic section) without being sexist in doing so.

This is generally fairly well understood throughout the forums by the vast majority of users, but after today I thought a reminder was prudent! Keep up the positive posting!

Then you guys have a ton of names and people with sexist signatures to ban.

I wouldnt call it sexism, but I've been harassed twice by males on here,both times on PSN lol

first one I made a thread about and the second one was recent(tonight)which just went total fanboy on me via PSN xD

That's the sort of thing that needs to stop imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
I wouldnt call it sexism, but I've been harassed twice by males on here,both times on PSN lol

first one I made a thread about and the second one was recent(tonight)which just went total fanboy on me via PSN xD

That can easily be dealt with by blocking them. Douchebaggery is here to stay.

Or just pretend you like Sony. For example, sometimes I pretend to be a liberal so people like me.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

PwerlvlAmy said:

First, how do you know they were males? Second why does harassment by males need to stop as opposed to harassment period?

Lawlight said:

First, how do you know they were males? Second why does harassment by males need to stop as opposed to harassment period?

Maybe because if you assume its a male you'll be right 99.9% of the time.

Lets be honest, if all males stopped harassing people on game consoles it would virtually be non-existent.

You know 94% of people in US prisions are male? That says something. I'm not sure what... but it says something...

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Lawlight said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Because one of them sent me their picture via PSN  for some reason and the other guy went into vulgarity about his ''D''. Also not sure what you're on about in the second question.  Where did I mention ''oh this one is more important than this one'',right, I didnt lol

Mr Puggsly said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

That can easily be dealt with by blocking them. Douchebaggery is here to stay.

Or just pretend you like Sony. For example, sometimes I pretend to be a liberal so people like me.

Oh no doubt. They were both blocked. Also I don't have to pretend to like Sony. I do like them. I also like Microsoft and Nintendo lol