By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Sexism on VGC Forums

JayWood2010 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Personally i wouldnt put my PSN id and XBL GT on here(your sig).  Of course there is nothing wrong with that but some people can be ergh..... (Just my opinion though)

@Op - Good job mods.  Curious to see how its enforced but good job for listening to what people had to say.  I let you guys know when i disagree with you all but here im going to let you all know that im applauding you all

For the most part people have be cool. It's just two bad apples so far is all lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
starcraft said:

One of a few triggers lately.

But you know that you're punishing everyone when you're just closing the topics instead of moderating users, right?

The thread has been re-opened, and things are proceeding more pleasantly!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Sexism is not allowed.... on a game website where the majority of games that are talked about and made this day and age are sexist or sexist in some way. So are those games going to be banned from talking about?

BOOBS!

theyre fun to play with, apparently.

Brii said:
To me personally, at least, anything that is meant as a lighthearted joke (women preferring, say, Kitchen Chartz to VGChartz ;) ) isn't offensive at all.

But when people start becoming scathing and blaming entire groups for a few individuals' actions ("Oh great, wait until the feminazis start complaining"), then it starts getting uncomfortable and unwelcoming. You can pretty easily tell when a comment is made with hate and disdain as opposed to a mere jest.

Things said in jest can make people uncomfortable just as much as things said with sincerity, just saying. Things aren't that black and white.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Brii said:
To me personally, at least, anything that is meant as a lighthearted joke (women preferring, say, Kitchen Chartz to VGChartz ;) ) isn't offensive at all.

But when people start becoming scathing and blaming entire groups for a few individuals' actions ("Oh great, wait until the feminazis start complaining"), then it starts getting uncomfortable and unwelcoming. You can pretty easily tell when a comment is made with hate and disdain as opposed to a mere jest.

Things said in jest can make people uncomfortable just as much as things said with sincerity, just saying. Things aren't that black and white.

And that's why I prefaced my entire statement with 'me personally'. I am fully aware I don't speak for all other women, and I never claimed to. It isn't an easy issue to address, but I thought some insight from an actual female on this sight might have helped some.

Brii said:
bigtakilla said:
Brii said:

And that's why I prefaced my entire statement with 'me personally'. I am fully aware I don't speak for all other women, and I never claimed to. It isn't an easy issue to address, but I thought some insight from an actual female on this sight might have helped some.

And  I tend to be in the same boat as you.

But as you said, sexism can offend anyone, men or women, regardless of which gender it is levelled against.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

So 2 pages in and noone called starcraft a pansy woman... should be a record

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I wouldnt call it sexism, but I've been harassed twice by males on here,both times on PSN lol

first one I made a thread about and the second one was recent(tonight)which just went total fanboy on me via PSN xD

That's the sort of thing that needs to stop imo

I don't understand. You met both users on VGC and then they bothered you on PSN?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I don't understand. You met both users on VGC and then they bothered you on PSN?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186619&page=0#1