By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
starcraft said:
SqueakySamurai said:
starcraft said:

Except there is absolutely no conclusive evidence that that is the case.

So no, who she sleeps with remains absolutely none of our business, and her treatement at the hands of the gaming community is abhorrent.

That is correct, there is no definite proof that she did it to get ahead, but there is 100% proof that she did have sex with the writers at Kotaku, and that is enough proof to at least suspect that she might. All the comments and articles that mention this getting removed is also suspicious. It's not just MRA's trying to do a witchhunt, although I admit they do have a hand it in, there is actual reason for the suspicion.  Whether or not it was for leverage will come to light soon.

No, it is proof of nothing. 

What it is, is an excuse for the perves of the internet to try to insert themselves without merit into the sex life of a woman.

Her having sex with multiple people in the industry and then coincidentally getting lots of press for a game that is very bland and ordinary isn't at least little bit fishy? At all?? Really??? I think it is good grounds for suspicious at the very least. Videogame journalism is known for being corrupt so it doesn't seem so unlikely that someone would do that.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
My reaction: Meh.

pretty much this...though if I was the boyfriend then I'd be outraged..five guys!?(has this been proven?) that's just foul

though she doesn't look attractive at all, but hey when someone throws the V around they become a 10.

She does however seem like a hypocrite when she doesn't want him spending time with a friend who is going through depression issues while simultaneously acting like a warrior against depression.

If all of this is true of course.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

After reading this http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/ I come to the conclusion that Zoe is a scumbag that is using feminism as a shield. However nothing proves that she slept with those men to "get ahead" or whatever.

Brii said:
I hate how one person's inexcusable behavior is somehow justification to bash an entire movement and gender.

Yes, women can do horrible, selfish things too. But it should be the individual who deserves the ire and disgust, not (genuine) feminists or females as a whole. Most of us aren't man-hating nutjobs, and it's only the outspoken few. Any time I see anything involving women that could possibly be considered scandalous, such as the Zero Suit Samus Alts, I see more people getting up in arms about the supposed complaints from 'feminazis' than I see people actually complaining (Tumblr notwithstanding, but if you go there, that's on you). It's frustrating seeing people on both sides being so irrational and uncompromising.

That said, if this is all true, this women and the men she used/was used by deserve plenty of scorn.

I agree with you.  It's frustrating.  Any difference of opinion and suddenly the insults start.  "Lonely pervs", "feminazis", "mysogynists", "man-haters", it's all the same crap.  The two extremes act like self-righteous children who restort to stereotypes and character assassination because they can't discuss points like adults.  It gets us nowhere.  I think that's why the "normal" people abandon topics like this, which is a shame.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
well everytime a man cheats that is remotely famous it gets media attention. So i don't see why this shouldn't get attention in a supposed equality driven society.

what she did and what other men in the media preceding her did should be their own private business to sort out.

Definitely isnt a "equality" driven society. It's a double-standards driven society. If a guy did this it'd be big, but since its a girl, shes exempt. Same thing goes for if a white person says something racist vs a black person saying somthing racist. 

It'd be better if things were more equal, sadly, thats not the case.

Talal said:
After reading this http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/ I come to the conclusion that Zoe is a scumbag that is using feminism as a shield. However nothing proves that she slept with those men to "get ahead" or whatever.

Nothing proves it but there is suggestive evidence. If it turned out to be true then wouldn't you want her and the men she used to be reprimanded or fired? If everybody ignores it and it all blows over then she could get away with something terrible.

Of course if it's not true then all this is stupid and none of my business.

SqueakySamurai said:
starcraft said:
SqueakySamurai said:
starcraft said:

Except there is absolutely no conclusive evidence that that is the case.

So no, who she sleeps with remains absolutely none of our business, and her treatement at the hands of the gaming community is abhorrent.

That is correct, there is no definite proof that she did it to get ahead, but there is 100% proof that she did have sex with the writers at Kotaku, and that is enough proof to at least suspect that she might. All the comments and articles that mention this getting removed is also suspicious. It's not just MRA's trying to do a witchhunt, although I admit they do have a hand it in, there is actual reason for the suspicion.  Whether or not it was for leverage will come to light soon.

No, it is proof of nothing. 

What it is, is an excuse for the perves of the internet to try to insert themselves without merit into the sex life of a woman.

Her having sex with multiple people in the industry and then coincidentally getting lots of press for a game that is very bland and ordinary isn't at least little bit fishy? At all?? Really??? I think it is good grounds for suspicious at the very least. Videogame journalism is known for being corrupt so it doesn't seem so unlikely that someone would do that.

Nah, man it isn't fishy at all. We're all just pervs. Starcraft knows best.

I've figured it out! Zoe must have slept with ioi and convinced him to not adjust PS4 numbers. It's all connected.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

pokoko said:
Brii said:
I hate how one person's inexcusable behavior is somehow justification to bash an entire movement and gender.

Yes, women can do horrible, selfish things too. But it should be the individual who deserves the ire and disgust, not (genuine) feminists or females as a whole. Most of us aren't man-hating nutjobs, and it's only the outspoken few. Any time I see anything involving women that could possibly be considered scandalous, such as the Zero Suit Samus Alts, I see more people getting up in arms about the supposed complaints from 'feminazis' than I see people actually complaining (Tumblr notwithstanding, but if you go there, that's on you). It's frustrating seeing people on both sides being so irrational and uncompromising.

That said, if this is all true, this women and the men she used/was used by deserve plenty of scorn.

I agree with you.  It's frustrating.  Any difference of opinion and suddenly the insults start.  "Lonely pervs", "feminazis", "mysogynists", "man-haters", it's all the same crap.  The two extremes act like self-righteous children who restort to stereotypes and character assassination because they can't discuss points like adults.  It gets us nowhere.  I think that's why the "normal" people abandon topics like this, which is a shame.

Indeed. It's a shame, too, because these are topics that deserve and really kind of need serious dialogue in order to achieve anything. But everyone immediately gets on the defensive when it's brought up and it always comes down to a bitter and spiteful argument with no substance. Instead of this being a discussion about Zoe Quinn's behavior, this has devolved into "if this was a man feminazis would burn him at the stake!" and arguing against such knee-jerk reactions with more knee-jerk reactions. So many people are out for blood just because she's a woman, and because they want to prove there's a double standard (because somehow they only exist when they're in favor of women, I guess).

Not gonna even touch the other side of the argument, because that requires me to go to a deep dark void in the internet. I'm only here because of ze video games.