By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Brii said:
pokoko said:
Brii said:
I hate how one person's inexcusable behavior is somehow justification to bash an entire movement and gender.

Yes, women can do horrible, selfish things too. But it should be the individual who deserves the ire and disgust, not (genuine) feminists or females as a whole. Most of us aren't man-hating nutjobs, and it's only the outspoken few. Any time I see anything involving women that could possibly be considered scandalous, such as the Zero Suit Samus Alts, I see more people getting up in arms about the supposed complaints from 'feminazis' than I see people actually complaining (Tumblr notwithstanding, but if you go there, that's on you). It's frustrating seeing people on both sides being so irrational and uncompromising.

That said, if this is all true, this women and the men she used/was used by deserve plenty of scorn.

I agree with you.  It's frustrating.  Any difference of opinion and suddenly the insults start.  "Lonely pervs", "feminazis", "mysogynists", "man-haters", it's all the same crap.  The two extremes act like self-righteous children who restort to stereotypes and character assassination because they can't discuss points like adults.  It gets us nowhere.  I think that's why the "normal" people abandon topics like this, which is a shame.

Indeed. It's a shame, too, because these are topics that deserve and really kind of need serious dialogue in order to achieve anything. But everyone immediately gets on the defensive when it's brought up and it always comes down to a bitter and spiteful argument with no substance. Instead of this being a discussion about Zoe Quinn's behavior, this has devolved into "if this was a man feminazis would burn him at the stake!" and arguing against such knee-jerk reactions with more knee-jerk reactions. So many people are out for blood just because she's a woman, and because they want to prove there's a double standard (because somehow they only exist when they're in favor of women, I guess).

Not gonna even touch the other side of the argument, because that requires me to go to a deep dark void in the internet. I'm only here because of ze video games.

Yeah, it's so hard to have meaningful discourse about this when people just come into it with a percieved bias that it's all just the MRA making it up or that Feminists are hypocritical.

Around the Network

Fucking unfair, she's using sex to get ahead on the industry sleeping around with her boss and literally getting in bed with the media while male devs can't even fucking joke sometimes.

Fuck you kotaku and your sjw bullshit killing video games.

Nicklesbe said:
This is not appropritate. No one has all the facts and what everyone is going on is what a bunch pissed off lonely pervs say on 4chan and on reddit. The industry is hostile enough to woman gamers, this kind of baseless shaming does not help any. It has nothing to do with games, game sales, or the price of gaming so I don't see the point in discussing this. A woman had a relationship with a man and then a bunch of perceived lonely woman haters bashed a woman that didn't deserve it simply because she was a woman in the gaming industry. /thread.

yeah buddy i agree because she's a woman so she's absolved of all responsibility with regards to her actions so therefore its automatically only the fault of the men involved...

o_O.Q said:
Nicklesbe said:
This is not appropritate. No one has all the facts and what everyone is going on is what a bunch pissed off lonely pervs say on 4chan and on reddit. The industry is hostile enough to woman gamers, this kind of baseless shaming does not help any. It has nothing to do with games, game sales, or the price of gaming so I don't see the point in discussing this. A woman had a relationship with a man and then a bunch of perceived lonely woman haters bashed a woman that didn't deserve it simply because she was a woman in the gaming industry. /thread.

yeah buddy i agree because she's a woman so she's absolved of all responsibility with regards to her actions so therefore its automatically only the fault of the men involved...

Putting all the blame on her and absolving the men involved of all responsibility is better how? Also responsibility is not the issue, both the men and woman hold equally responsibility for it. Something many here ignore for a chance to bash her. The point is, there is no proof, this is not the place to discuss it as it has nothing to with gaming until it is actually proved. Until then it's none of our business what any of those people do in private.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Euphoria14 said:

That blog makes it sound like she slept with all those people while they were broken up and makes it a habit to keep citing her "principles" and how she "violated them" when she did so. Then on top of that he is ridiculously obsessive. His messages with her go on for weeks, refusing to let things go. He just goes on and on, in an obvious attempt to keep making her feel like shit. One moment he says he wants to work things out, then the next moment he says things like "but I still can't understand why you slept with so and so".

Jeez... I can't believe I read like 75% of that thing...

Cheating sucks, but if they were in fact broken up when she slept with them then fair game.

Her cheating is not the issue! Dont derail!

She using sex to get media attention and reviews is the problem:

Around the Network
Rafux said:
Euphoria14 said:

That blog makes it sound like she slept with all those people while they were broken up and makes it a habit to keep citing her "principles" and how she "violated them" when she did so. Then on top of that he is ridiculously obsessive. His messages with her go on for weeks, refusing to let things go. He just goes on and on, in an obvious attempt to keep making her feel like shit. One moment he says he wants to work things out, then the next moment he says things like "but I still can't understand why you slept with so and so".

Cheating sucks, but if they were in fact broken up when she slept with them then fair game.

The problem is she is most likely not and as been said before there is absolutly no proof that proves she did.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

those guys must have been desperate to get some :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Nicklesbe said:
o_O.Q said:
Nicklesbe said:

Putting all the blame on her and absolving the men involved of all responsibility is better how? Also responsibility is not the issue, both the men and woman hold equally responsibility for it. Something many here ignore for a chance to bash her. The point is, there is no proof, this is not the place to discuss it as it has nothing to with gaming until it is actually proved. Until then it's none of our business what any of those people do in private.

i made my comment because as i said you seemed to have absolved her of all responsibility merely because she's a woman

people are focused on what she allegedly did because it relates directly back to game publicity and ultimately sales

but then again the truth of this issue hasn't been determined completely yet anyway as you said

Nicklesbe said:
Rafux said:
Euphoria14 said:

The problem is she is most likely not and as been said before there is absolutly no proof that proves she did.

Did you even watch the video I posted? of course not. Anyway is pretty clear what kind of person she is, game journalism is a fucking joke always trying to push and agenda but never looking their own shit and now they are covering up this whole thing.

Shes a bad example for all real talented devs, male or female.

Areym said:
Just when you think you've seen it all. That is a load, a wad of horseshit. How is she getting away with this?

She's getting away with it because of modern feminism. Modern feminism is just another term for misandry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misandry

In The Myth of Male Power, Dr. Farrell argues that patriarchal societies do not make rules to benefit men at the expense of women. Farrell cites many examples to the contrary, such as male-only draft registration not benefiting men at the expense of women; or men constituting 93% of workplace deaths; or being expected to risk sexual rejection, pay on dates, and buy women diamonds. According to Farrel, once married, rules made by men are more likely to lead to men losing children and their home after divorce—what he cites as another example of male disposability. Farrell contends that nothing is more telling about who has benefited from "men's rules" than life expectancy and suicide rates—and men lose in both of these categories.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata