By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
outlawauron said:

How is it any different of releasing two versions of the same game at the same time forcing your hardcore fans to buy the same game twice. I'd argue that's far more anti-consumer than a GOTY edition on the new console that people wanted.

And I'd argue that it's all about properly informing the consumer. Not hiding one version of the game to trick them.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:

How is it any different of releasing two versions of the same game at the same time forcing your hardcore fans to buy the same game twice. I'd argue that's far more anti-consumer than a GOTY edition on the new console that people wanted.

And I'd argue that it's all about properly informing the consumer. Not hiding one version of the game to trick them.

You think planned for a PS4 port during development? I think it was something born out of the huge popualrity it had and people wanting to get on their new console, not the old one.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:

You think planned for a PS4 port during development? I think it was something born out of the huge popualrity it had and people wanting to get on their new console, not the old one.

I think they did, yes. These kinds of decisions generally aren't made at the last minute, they are planned well in advance.

curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:
curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:

I think they did, yes. These kinds of decisions generally aren't made at the last minute, they are planned well in advance.

Yes they are, but when it's a small team doing a side project that only takes a few months to develop. It had the expected time frame.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Vgchartz used to have a joke article section similar to the onion, I think this would be really good article to play with "I sold the PS4 trying to trick people by believing the hype but then people actually bought it and they want to be tricked even more. I'm scared! " - shu yoshida

Around the Network

2 reasons why...

1: M$ shot themselves in the foot before the generation even started, and Nintendo didn't even show up for the first year of the Wii U's lifespan.
2: 1080p is the be all, end all of gaming this generation. 720p or even 900p are simply unacceptable. It doesn't matter how good your game is... if it's not 1080p, it's not worth anyone's time.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

outlawauron said:

Yes they are, but when it's a small team doing a side project that only takes a few months to develop. It had the expected time frame.

I still expect planning would have gone on long before actual production. I very much doubt TLOU PS3 was released before they decided they would make a PS4 version.

curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:

I still expect planning would have gone on long before actual production. I very much doubt TLOU PS3 was released before they decided they would make a PS4 version.

Can you really suggest that the PS3, did not need every single game it got? Purposely stalling a game for an entire year just to release it on a new platform, especially a new IP, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Look at the quality of the TLOU, one of the best games of last generation clearly designed for the PS3, GOTY of 2013, why would you delay a finished game for a year like that.

Not to mention, TLOU was probably in development for 2 years, in 2011 how many games we're developed for PS4? How about the XB1? Wii U? None.

Cross Gen games, at least on the Playstation Platforms aren't a new thing, the last PS2 game was PES 2014 which release Nov 2013, its ludicrous to think support of the PS3 would drop in favor of the PS4 support, that shit doesn't happen on playstation.

But on topic, PS4 version was requested after the PS4 release, since it wasn't a new game they just remade it in a couple of months.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:

Can you really suggest that the PS3, did not need every single game it got? Purposely stalling a game for an entire year just to release it on a new platform, especially a new IP, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Look at the quality of the TLOU, one of the best games of last generation clearly designed for the PS3, GOTY of 2013, why would you delay a finished game for a year like that.

Not to mention, TLOU was probably in development for 2 years, in 2011 how many games we're developed for PS4? How about the XB1? Wii U? None.

Cross Gen games, at least on the Playstation Platforms aren't a new thing, the last PS2 game was PES 2014 which release Nov 2013, its ludicrous to think support of the PS3 would drop in favor of the PS4 support, that shit doesn't happen on playstation.

I never said they should have delayed the PS3 version. And I don't buy that they didn't have PS4 plans before the original release.

curl-6 said:

I never said they should have delayed the PS3 version. And I don't buy that they didn't have PS4 plans before the original release.

If thats the case then why release it in the summer? The worst possible time to release games? Why not release it on launch? Its not like they had any idea the PS4 would beat the XB1 and the XB1 had more exclusives at the time. It doesn't take very much time to plan a remake in most circumstances, especially not on a new game like TLOU and Naughty Dog already had access to the PS4 way before it launched. Surely, you aren't suggesting that TLOU:RE had a planning time longer than the launch exclusives Knack and KZSF because that makes no sense.

EDIT: on second thought, the discussion of whether naughty dog planned it or not is meaningless, because actual development time matters. What your saying is that it took longer than 8 months, which is the time from PS4 launch in Nov till TLOU:RE release in Jul 30. to plan and develop a remake to a game? Thats not how the industry works.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank