By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Wii U owners be satisfied enough to accept a new console?

I don't comprite why the people think that new console resaled in 2016...
Minimum 2017.
I said 2018.

Around the Network

I don't think it is the quality of games but more how they are handling it. The Marketing is very poor, their digital service is really under par, for me, the VC is really lacking, they have a horrible ID system which really limits you. I have three 3DS's and I hate not being able to do some stuff on two of them because I don't want to create multiple NNIDs. The only thing with games is how they treat the 3rd parties, They don't really do anything to get them on board. They have a great first party line up and support of games but it really lacks with the 3rd party. These reasons are probably where the majority of unsatisfactory of the Wii U come from.

2017. Anything earlier will make me feel like I wasted my money on the Wii U.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I will be fully satisfied with my WiiU once I get to play Smash WiiU, Zelda U and Paper Mario U! For now, I'm satisfied just a small bit!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I've had good fun with it and I'll be pretty satisfied once Xenoblade and Zelda release. I'd really like to see COD:AW come out this year and Batman and COD:2015 grace the system next year. If those do, I'll be very pleased with Wii U and be looking forward to something new come 2016 or beyond. I a dream would be another high-end RPG coming out, but what's been made and what's coming is enough really.

Around the Network
PattonFiend said:
No.

Excellent post, do u mind elaborating? When will u be satisfied enough for Nintendo to release a new console?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

ikki5 said:

I don't think it is the quality of games but more how they are handling it. The Marketing is very poor, their digital service is really under par, for me, the VC is really lacking, they have a horrible ID system which really limits you. I have three 3DS's and I hate not being able to do some stuff on two of them because I don't want to create multiple NNIDs. The only thing with games is how they treat the 3rd parties, They don't really do anything to get them on board. They have a great first party line up and support of games but it really lacks with the 3rd party. These reasons are probably where the majority of unsatisfactory of the Wii U come from.

I agree with u about the qaulity, Wii U has many excellent games but they are too few and far between, look at this year for example

Donkey Kong Country-February

Mario Kart-May

Hyrule Warriors-Sept

There were a few smaller titles between those releases like Lego Hobbit, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Transformers Dark Spark, Wii Sports Club but nothing major and the same thing happened last year where we saw Lego City & Pikmin for the first 2/3 of the year with a few titles not many people cared about. 2013 & 2014 have both been 2-3 big releases in the first 8-9 months of the year then load the last quarter with a bunch of games but thats not enough, hopefully 2015 has a steady stream of compelling software.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

drake_tolu said:
I don't comprite why the people think that new console resaled in 2016...
Minimum 2017.
I said 2018.

I know you have seen it but I advertise it anyway!

ONE Nintendo First Party Game EVERY MONTH until the end of 2018.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188519

Nintendo has enough interesting games in their war chest to entertain us for a long time. And as it is First Party they get more of the money than if they rely on Third Party. This could possibly keep them afloat until their new platform is ready for launch.

After Zelda, Smash, Splatoon, Star Fox, Metroid, Animal Crossing, & 3D Mario like 64/Sunshine/Galaxy I should be pretty satisfied with the Wii U. It all depends on the quality of the final games though, Star Fox still worries me xD

As long as almost every series on the Wii/GameCube shows up and the console is pushed for at least 5 years I'll be happy

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!