By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Wii U owners be satisfied enough to accept a new console?

I would be satisfied. With metroid Zelda mk splatoon x and one more interesting new ip. Although I don't have a wii u I'll be getting one next year

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Once they release Zelda U, a 3D Mario and a Metroid game.

PS: Fuck Retro.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The shortest lifespan Nintendo has yet given a home console is 4½ years, and I don't think they're going to attempt a shorter one.

But alas, that's not what your question is about.

Personally I'm satisfied when I feel the system's potential has been tapped. Nintendo themselves have already done a bang-up job, and several indies have delivered very uniqie experiences, but I'm still hungering to see more crazy stuff.

2017 at the least, but rather 2018.

I wouldn't complain if they stopped support today.

Around the Network

2018/2019 I'll be ready for the next console.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

Not before 2017.

2017 the earliest but 2018 preferably (as long as games continue to get released).

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Werix357 said:
I think the best time for Nintendo to release a new console is 2 years before Microsoft and Sony launch their next consoles or at the same time so 2016 or 2018.
Wii U's 3rd party support is only going to get worse so a short life cycle like the GameCube would make sense to me.

GameCube: Holiday 2001 - Holiday 2006 (US). That's a standard lifecycle.

With that in mind, I'll be satisfied to accept a new console so long as Nintendo keeps supporting the current one through most of 2017.