By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Wii U owners be satisfied enough to accept a new console?

zorg1000 said:
spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:
spemanig said:

So u most likely wont ever be satisfied with Wii U since it seems like Nintendo at this point is going to release just a couple AAA titles per year and a few smaller support titles in between.

Most Wii U owners and Gamers in general won't be, which is why the Wii U is destined to fail. It should be 4 or 5 AAA releases a year with a few AA releases to fill the gap. A and less games should only be there to fill the lesser, less substantial gaps.

Around the Network

I think the best time for Nintendo to release a new console is 2 years before Microsoft and Sony launch their next consoles or at the same time so 2016 or 2018.
Wii U's 3rd party support is only going to get worse so a short life cycle like the GameCube would make sense to me.

Most of the marquee franchises have a game released/announced. Donkey Kong, Super Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Mario Kart, Smash, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, etc. What's missing is Metroid and, to a lesser extent, Animal Crossing. With those two titles crossed off the list, and with the return of F-Zero and/or Wave Rave, I would be satisfied and ready to move on.

Well whether or not a console is in 2nd or 3rd place or even 4th will dictate on whether some people will get one or its successor sometimes.....not so for the first wii...but the second wii U there really hasnt been a big draw right off the bat for it. I personally won't invest my time and money into a console this early in the game if it wasn't in the top spot....Nor would i want to invest in its successor if I'm not satisfied with this current generation.

A good example of this would be the xbox 360 red ring of death which left tons of people not satisfied and that translated (personally) into many not wanting to invest into a xbone...if people are really not satisfied with wii U...they probably will not accept a new console ..unless its absolutely fantastic...and cheap!

spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:
spemanig said:
zorg1000 said:
spemanig said:

So u most likely wont ever be satisfied with Wii U since it seems like Nintendo at this point is going to release just a couple AAA titles per year and a few smaller support titles in between.

Most Wii U owners and Gamers in general won't be, which is why the Wii U is destined to fail. It should be 4 or 5 AAA releases a year with a few AA releases to fill the gap. A and less games should only be there to fill the lesser, less substantial gaps.

Idk by this point it seems clear that Nintendo consoles primarily attract Nintendo fans If there Isnt a major hook to lure In casuals, its been that way for nearly 20 years. By the end of next year we will have had the majority of popular Nintendo games released, there really isnt much reason to expect anymore than that based on the past 4 generations of Nintendo consoles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Minimum 5 years life cycle if they want to have a future.

Davman said:

Minimum 5 years life cycle if they want to have a future.

Sega Master System-3 years

Gameboy Advance-3.5 years

Xbox-4 years

The successors to these platforms were all much more popular and went on to be the currently best selling hardware for each company.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

If, Smash Bros U, Zelda U and Starfox U are going to be good, I want a new Metroid game than I can be very satisfied.

No.

When I get Zelda.