By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii U Owners Don’t Buy Assassin’s Creed; More Interested in Just Dance

DolPhanTendo said:
EricFabian said:
padib said:
Um, no.

It's not about just dance or other experiences, it's about games they like. ZombiU sold relatively well though maybe not the numbers Ubi was looking for.

Nintendo gamers buy certain types of games, and that may not necessarily mean Just Dance. A great recent example is Shovel Knight. Don't come and tell me that's like Just Dance Mr. Guillemot.

sure is not. But Wii U owners didn't nuy AC and he is right about

I bought Assasin's Creed III and 260,000 thousand others did as well. So making Ubisoft 13 million dollars on a cheap port.

Ubisoft made nowhere near that ammount of money.  

Around the Network

Stupid is as stupid does. People really give these guys too much credit and think because they are responsible for millions of dollars and huge companies that they don't make mistakes or are as subject to confirmation bias and limited thinking as everybody else.

I am sure Ubisoft has all sorts of metrics on how much they paid for their Wii U versions of their games, how much they made, the ROI and what not. I am also pretty sure that they are on to something when they decide that they are better off catering to a different demographic with some of their games. What is stupid though is how he treats customers that have supported his company.

Example: I bought Black Flag for the Wii U. Not because I had any interest in it, but to support the efforts of Ubisoft in bringing over a franchise to the Wii U. As I expected, I hated the game. But, my kids loved it. So, I bought AC III for the Wii U as well, and AC II on the 360. That's two old copies that they never would have sold if Black Flag was not on the Wii U. What's more is we would be first day purchasers of whatever AC game would come to the Wii U. Instead we will not buy any AC games since they are not available on our platform of choice.

Fine, a fledling fandom squashed in it's infancy, I am sure the metrics makes sense for Yves. The real damage is caused by getting served a line of how I as a customer am to blame for what Ubisoft choses to offer on the platform. I don't want to hear that I only buy Just Dance when I've supported his company against better judgment none the less. I don't want to have games I might have been interested in delayed and then get served that kind of attitude. What does this moron think will happen the next time I have to make a choice with my wallet. Will being talked down to by Ubisoft make me more eager to spend money on their games or will it make me more inclined to think to myself "Fuck Ubisoft! Fuck them right in the pussy!"?

If this guy had any clue, he would wrap his business decision in all sorts of cloaked speech and leave all his options open for the future, in stead he decided to alienate me as a customer and maybe a few hundred thousand others. If he thinks Ubisoft is some sort of magic land that can afford to throw away customers then he is not a smart man and is doing damage to the company he runs.

He is right, i have a lot of fun playing just dance with my GF. Assassins Creed is boring and stupid as hell.
It makes me laugh how at the end of the OP he thinks Assassins Creed is "mature".

the_dengle said:
Just Dance started on Wii in 2009. Assassin's Creed skipped Wii entirely and premiered on Nintendo home console in 2012, on its fifth major installment.

He's correct though, Wii U owners don't want to buy Assassin's Creed, because Ubisoft has given them no reason to want it.

You reap what you sow Ubisoft.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I would like to thank Ubisoft for the time and effort they made supporting the wiiu.. Its has been better then any other major publisher and i do hope that Wiiu owners will prove you wrong with great Watch Dogs sales..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
drake_tolu said:
Just Dance 2014: 280K
Assassin's Creed III: 260K

?????????????

For only 20K different???

It's not that simple. I mean even if you don't understand much about developing costs, you surely get that a game like Assassin's creed would cost more to port than a game like Just Dance, right? Also, are these vgc numbers or Ubisoft numbers?

Burek said:
padib said:
fluky-nintendy said:
He's damn right.
No one buys a WiiU to play 3rd party titles, unless they're in the vein of Just Dance.

So how do you explain the 700k copies of ZombieU sold?

People made a mistake. They thought they were buying ZumbaU.

Dude, you're on a roll!

DolPhanTendo said:
EricFabian said:

sure is not. But Wii U owners didn't nuy AC and he is right about

I bought Assasin's Creed III and 260,000 thousand others did as well. So making Ubisoft 13 million dollars on a cheap port.

Not sure how your math works. How do you know how many people bought it at full price? Or how much retailers made off of it?

I wonder what will happen, if by some miracle, Watch Dogs is a huge hit on Wii U.

If Wii U owners actually put their money where there collective mouths are then 3rd parties wouldn't be running for the hills. Why should a developer waste resources and money to port a game that will sell a fraction of what it will on other platforms?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.