By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft: Wii U Owners Don’t Buy Assassin’s Creed; More Interested in Just Dance

TreeTurtle said:

I remember when Just Dance was HUGE a few years ago. One time 2 girls brought a Wii to class and we played Just Dance all day. :P

Is Just Dance still very popular or is it declining?

That's what we did near the end of school one time a few years ago. We all played JD3

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
padib said:
Um, no.

It's not about just dance or other experiences, it's about games they like. ZombiU sold relatively well though maybe not the numbers Ubi was looking for.

Nintendo gamers buy certain types of games, and that may not necessarily mean Just Dance. A great recent example is Shovel Knight. Don't come and tell me that's like Just Dance Mr. Guillemot.

sure is not. But Wii U owners didn't nuy AC and he is right about

And that, of course, wasn't at all related to the fact that Wii U didn't even get listed on the official trailer for ACIII. Or its advertisements. And the fact that ACIV was confirmed to not be getting the DLC that every other version was getting wasn't a factor at all. Nor was the fact that the Wii U version was delayed in PAL regions for no reason, when PS3/360 versions released same day as in America. Nor was the fact that it was a sloppy port.

When ACIV was confirmed to not be receiving the DLC, quite a few people predicted that the game would sell poorly as a result, and that Ubisoft would blame the market, and refuse to release the next game on the system. Looks like they were on the money.

EDIT: Also, Ubisoft's language demonstrates exactly why I have no time for them at this point (with the exception of Michel Ancel and his studio). They could have expressed that AC sales on the Wii U have been unprofitable, and apologise that they weren't able to continue to release such titles at this time. Instead they said that Wii U owners such as myself have no interest in Assassin's Creed. In other words, rather than shouldering the blame, they instead blamed the customer. And that's a big red flag, in my eyes. Have you ever heard Nintendo blame the customer for not buying their product?