By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS4 reach 10 million sold? - ioi comments on undertracking

joeorc said:

This is assuming that Sony has the methods to accurately track every PS4 sold through to consumers. I'm not sure how they do that though. It's a very messy business.

But that very same thing could be said about Vgchartz.

This is assuming that Vgchartz has the methods to accurately track every PS4 sold through to consumers.

Or

Insert NPD, chart track. Etc

Seems like you're agreeing with me without realising it. I never claimed one was more accurate than another.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

VGChartz is guaranteed to have less money, than Sony. It follows that they have less resources than Sony to make estimates. So under no circumstances can VGChartz make better estimates then Sony.

Holy crap. Under NO circumstances? I can't believe somebody just said that because Company A is smaller than Company B, Company A can never ever ever be as accurate as Company B. Hell, with that logic, why the hell are companies paying NPD and other 3rd party sources for sales information. They are much smaller than Sony and Microsoft...why don't they just pay them for their information that is clearly more accurate because they are bigger.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

chill. In Sony We Trust(tm). It'll be adjusted. Eventually. At some point. PS4 doesn't need handholding right now, it's at the top of the hill sipping cocktails and giggling like a schoolgirl. Crowd's looking at the climbers

Seems like you're agreeing with me without realising it. I never claimed one was more accurate than another.

I was simply pointing out the standards on which the sites, view about if a company can track sold through to Consumers seems to be in Question about if a company like Sony would know the sale through Data to consumers and that if So, the Method Vgchartz is the one the site goes by not the companies them selves.

Here it seems that ioi does not know the breakdown, he stated that there is no way that these numbers could apply to areas like the US, but here is the thing people can use for instance Amazon or other online distribution method to purchase said console  online!

So even NPD may be say able to get numbers for say Amazon, but not such other online only stores that sale consoles, with 4 months worth those very same console sold online with say a Sony credit card promo. With say $100.00 off a PS4. Those could go pretty much anywhere. 

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Speaking from experience as an auditor, I can tell you now, the companies with $500 million in annual revenues do not necessarily have any better (and sometimes worse) resources than the companies with $50 million in annual revenues. Being a larger company does not imply in any way whatsoever that their resources are more plentiful.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network

Baalzamon said:

Being a larger company does not imply in any way whatsoever that their resources are more plentiful.

Of course it does, apply that above with Sony and Microsoft!

So you are saying Sony can have more resources than Microsoft?

Of course not.

Could Sony have more investment into somthing more than Microsof, yes, but as for more resources..no

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Baalzamon said:
Speaking from experience as an auditor, I can tell you now, the companies with $500 million in annual revenues do not necessarily have any better (and sometimes worse) resources than the companies with $50 million in annual revenues. Being a larger company does not imply in any way whatsoever that their resources are more plentiful.

Being an auditor you know that a publicaly traded company must have their financials matching to the cents... and being a public traded company they can't release public pieces that make the investor evaluate the company current or potential value wrong...

If you say you are going to sell 50M devices in X years and attain YY% margin delivering ZZZ profits and don't deliver that (and that made your value as company change at the time the person bought the shares) you are legally liable... any public statement from a company is carefully looked and worded in a way that their liability is under certanty. Unless you are a cheating and endangering your company.

So if I preffer to trust MultiBillion company Sony numbers (when gave straight) and doubt exactly what MS said when they are vague (a defense when saying close to 5 when you are 4.5, but you never claimed over X with certanty) than believe VGC is spot on, even more when they don't trade shares, I think I have good reasons.

Sony lies about some consoles sold but then tell the truth about billions in loss in restruraction plans that haven't even been spent yet, and everytime new predictions on their financials arrive they correct what they have to be better protected from law suits...

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Vgchartz claims are correct and Sony is wrong? Lol, I never thought I would see this day.

overman1 said:

really okay please take a look at his last 20 youtube videos on his  channel 

The fact this guy get's a lot of views makes me sick.

gooch_destroyer said:
overman1 said:

really okay please take a look at his last 20 youtube videos on his  channel 

The fact this guy get's a lot of views makes me sick.

lol what you use expect from Militant console fanboys?

espcially the ones who feel they are losing the console war this gen?

they would go to a 'Refugee Camp" for comfort and security where thy feel they can safely bash the competition. Almost everything he says is a lie or blown terrbly out of porpotion but it gives both him and his fans a sense of comfort  and isnt hurting anyone so I cant really fault him for all that.