By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS4 reach 10 million sold? - ioi comments on undertracking

Why are people assuming I am saying VgChartz #s are right, and siding with VgChartz. I'm not. I'm saying we need to look at it from both sides, and not immediately trust just one side.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
Ka-pi96 said:
OttoniBastos said:
I'm sorry but is ioi implying that Sony lied about 10 million and vgchartz numbers are more accurate?

No. He is saying he doesn't know where the difference between VGC and Sony numbers comes from and is trying to find it and can't adjust the figures until he actually knows where it came from.

Why can't people understand this? 

Really? This is what ioi stated:

"If Sony's numbers are to be believed" 

[Now tell me what does that phrase  implying?]

Does that sound like to you he thinks Sony is telling the truth with the released numbers claim?

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Baalzamon said:
Why are people assuming I am saying VgChartz #s are right, and siding with VgChartz. I'm not. I'm saying we need to look at it from both sides, and not immediately trust just one side.

Read what you said, you stated that Sony could be telling a lie about the numbers, but since you stated all companies lie would that Apply to Vgchartz also or just Sony?  You called into Question about Sony's Ethics, and would you also call into Question this sites Ethics about the Data they release also? 

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I'm surprised that so many here are seeming upset and in some cases actually offended that someone might call out Sony's numbers as potentially false. I remember multiple times earlier this year there were threads about MS lying about numbers (by the same guy who made this thread no less) and it certainly didn't seem as if VGC was a joke or that a console companies word on numbers was infallible back then.

lol @ people wanting the site to just dump some consoles into a slot though. His desire to actually find and correct the problem is much more sensible, even if it bothers some of you to see a bar not quite as much higher than others as you think it should be on the front page. I just don't get that mentality.

Baalzamon said:

Sony or any business isn't going to lie about something that exact. If they do then they open themselves up to lawsuits from the public and especially their investors for fraud and false advertising. If they say they sold 10 million then they have the numbers to prove in a court that they did. It's as simple as that. VGC has various disclaimers regarding the validity of their numbers and the methods they use to come up with those numbers so they have a lot of legal wiggle room to be wrong, because again they have a disclamer that says they are making educated guesses. Sony has no such disclamer so they don't have the same wiggle room legally and they arn't going to take that chance. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:

You should not argue with people so emotionally invested in the console wars. I almost find it sad. 

the difference comes from better stat tracking methods in favor of sony..... the undertracking is in the states for sure, theres been times when this site had xone on top of ps4 even when sony tops the charts in best sellers list from nearly every major outlet at a constant level (places like amazon,walmart,gamestop,toys'r'us,best buy ect),but somehow xone edges it out,it makes no sense... what there trying to figure what went wrong with the stat tracking method is probably the same thing/reason that went wrong the other times when they had to make re-adjustments of hundreds of thousands of consoles...so whatever issue is was previous,is probably the same issue now thats making the tracking a problem........

joeorc said:
Locknuts said:
Ka-pi96 said:
OttoniBastos said:
I'm sorry but is ioi implying that Sony lied about 10 million and vgchartz numbers are more accurate?

No. He is saying he doesn't know where the difference between VGC and Sony numbers comes from and is trying to find it and can't adjust the figures until he actually knows where it came from.

Why can't people understand this? 

Really? This is what ioi stated:

[Now tell me what does that phrase  implying?]

Does that sound like to you he thinks Sony is telling the truth with the released numbers claim?

Imagine this: two mathematicians try to tackle the same problem using different methods and come to different conclusions. Should one just assume that the other is correct even though it flies in the face of his methods? No, he should question his methods and the others until the discrepancy is resolved.

No one is calling your precious Sony a bunch of liars and I would bet that they found the missing numbers prior to making adjustments in the past.

chocoloco said:
Baalzamon said:

You should not argue with people so emotionally invested in the console wars. I almost find it sad. 

Oh' freaking unbelievable, the fact that one of the big three came put on stage at gamescom stated sold through numbers and yet the owner of this very site states this:

(Yet)

Makes no Question about Nintendo's or Microsoft's Numbers but yet when people dare to Question that were just invested emotionally into some freaking console war..yeah thats it.

lol

Or maybe its this disregard of one companies claim while the other two get no such scrutiny about the numbers they issue! The very people defending this seem to come to a consensus that Sony has no way in hell knowing sold through data like Vgchatz does, even though Sony like Nintendo or Microsoft could in effect invest into a tracking programming design themselves to track sold through data!

I AM BOLO

ps:

joeorc said:
Baalzamon said:

Read what you said, you stated that Sony could be telling a lie about the numbers, but since you stated all companies lie would that Apply to Vgchartz also or just Sony?  You called into Question about Sony's Ethics, and would you also call into Question this sites Ethics about the Data they release also? 

Yes, there is an inherent risk of that, and I never said otherwise.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.