By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS4 reach 10 million sold? - ioi comments on undertracking

Baalzamon said:
BeElite said:

Except they have so much more info their "estimates" can be in the 99.99 % right, while vg over the last 4 months and last adjustment undertracked by what 30% or something.  It is their problem casue their methods are fialing them this gen, we bitch about free shit but its given free so its in out right.  But they charge people for info, info thats 30% of the markt.  Tahts ah hell of a probelm if your running a pay service for anything.  I doubt they are happy being of and wrong so constatly.  

Sonys numbers are the most precise legit best acounted for best estimated best backed by info out in the market, they have access to all the trackers in the world.  They have shipment and production numbers.  They have sell through form retailers and reorders for more stock.  And Access to how many PS4 log online.  Any one arguing agianst that and pro 30% of numbers in hilarious.  

Sony does not have the exact amount of consoles sold. Period. Much of their information would be the exact same info VgChartz is using, as Sony has no clue if a store has sold their PS4 or not. A reorder from a store is not indicative of whether the store has sold all of their PS4s. It simply means the store wants to purchase more of them, as it sees continuing demand in the future. Or perhaps stores have begun stocking more at a time because they were having supply issues and running out before.

There is no certainty in whether or not VgChartz is accurate with their #'s right now, but your 100% belief in the sales figures provided by Sony is rather amusing.

You should google companies lying about their sales figures. It actually happens quite often. But you keep believing what the companies say their sales are, because they clearly have all the information and cannot possibly be wrong.

Keep telling your self that vg has similar info as Sony lol.   They dont even have 1/50th the info Sony has.   

Your beleif in numbers that are proven wrong every month is much much more amussing.  

We have enough 3rd party trackers that give us PS4 sales buddy, we dont go by Sony word only.

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
AZWification said:
GamechaserBE said:
So much talk still not one user who can not tell where those 600k numbers went and just attacks ioi.... ioi or other users are not saying sony is lying but must be a good idea where those 600k has been sold... ioi can't just put 600k sold to Luxembourgh...

Screw logic! Let's just go and attack the site's owner!!

Plenty of logic has been presented in the thread. Just too bad that the owner and his "defenders" decide to ignore most of it.

I would accept what you say if you show me the chartz where the 600K went to..

How many countries PS4 release in?  +50?  And how many countries are almost accurate? + 10?

Then I could defend you..

GamechaserBE said:
Ninsect said:

Plenty of logic has been presented in the thread. Just too bad that the owner and his "defenders" decide to ignore most of it.

I would accept what you say if you show me the chartz where the 600K went to..

How many countries PS4 release in?  +50?  And how many countries are almost accurate? + 10?

Then I could defend you..

Huh? If I had the numbers I would start my own website.

I have mentioned Germany and it was brushed off due to US also being off and them "cancelling each other out". Yet, ioi mentioned Germany as part of the countries in Europe which he says he accurately estimates and is only +/- 100k within other trackers overall. When Germany alone is 50k+ off even when he said his data lined up with other trackers, it doesn't exactly lend credence to the rest of the European countries he mentioned being accurate. 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

BeElite said:

1. Keep telling your self that vg has similar info as Sony lol.   They dont even have 1/50th the info Sony has.   

2. Your beleif in numbers that are proven wrong every month is much much more amussing.  

3. We have enough 3rd party trackers that give us PS4 sales buddy, we dont go by Sony word only.

1. You see, I don't think that making up #'s is a good way to argue with other people. Such as the 1/50th number. You have absolutely no clue what information Sony has. None. So please don't tell me what % of info VgChartz has compared to Sony.

2. I already indicated we don't know whether VgChartz is right or not. I also said, however, that companies do lie about sales. Look at the Samsung Galaxy tablet. Its a well known case of Samsung blatantly lying about the sales figures for it.

3. VgChartz is nearly spot on with the 3rd party trackers as of now, as ioi himself has stated in this thread numerous times (hence why an adjustment has yet to be made, because ioi has absolutely no clue where the difference could possibly be). So that being the case, the ONLY difference apparently is related to information that ONLY Sony has. So it REALLY sounds to me like you are going on Sony word only, no? I'm just really having a tough time understanding where this other information is that you are relying on, but VgChartz isn't.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Ninsect said:
Baalzamon said:

I'm genuinely curious when the 1m sales adjustment occurred for the 360. Was it when it only had 9m in total sales, or was it when it had about 50m in total sales, and only represented about a 2% adjustment?

There is a big difference between doing a 1-2% adjustment in 2 days to doing a 7% adjustment in 2 days.

You're still not using the percentages correctly. You can't just look at the lifetime sales and use that as the base when we're talking about a sales website that basically bases most of its numbers on monthly or yearly numbers from other trackers (and roughly estimates the rest) or from official numbers (like the 4.2m, 7m and 10m from Sony).

Relative to the 1m adjustment, what % adjustment did it represent for its period. Was it really a 30% adjustment for its period? That is what I am getting at. I highly highly doubt the 1m adjustment for the 360 represented the same % as this, but people are suggesting they do the exact same for this.

Around the Network
Baalzamon said:
BeElite said:

1. Keep telling your self that vg has similar info as Sony lol.   They dont even have 1/50th the info Sony has.   

2. Your beleif in numbers that are proven wrong every month is much much more amussing.  

3. We have enough 3rd party trackers that give us PS4 sales buddy, we dont go by Sony word only.

1. You see, I don't think that making up #'s is a good way to argue with other people. Such as the 1/50th number. You have absolutely no clue what information Sony has. None. So please don't tell me what % of info VgChartz has compared to Sony.

2. I already indicated we don't know whether VgChartz is right or not. I also said, however, that companies do lie about sales. Look at the Samsung Galaxy tablet. Its a well known case of Samsung blatantly lying about the sales figures for it.

3. VgChartz is nearly spot on with the 3rd party trackers as of now, as ioi himself has stated in this thread numerous times (hence why an adjustment has yet to be made, because ioi has absolutely no clue where the difference could possibly be). So that being the case, the ONLY difference apparently is related to information that ONLY Sony has. So it REALLY sounds to me like you are going on Sony word only, no? I'm just really having a tough time understanding where this other information is that you are relying on, but VgChartz isn't.

1 Vg does not even know PS4 production numbers, or the markets PS4 is sold in and how many shipped there.

They lack BASIC information.  Hilariously given the markets PS4 is in and Sony knowing how much they shipped, the figure is around 50 for that alone lol. Probably more 1-1000 but i dont want to sound harash.  

2  We all know its wrong, even owner pretty much said so.  He does not claim to be right you know, he doe snot "know"where the extra sales are.  

3 - Yahh thats casue they adjust to them buddy. 

3. VgChartz is nearly spot on with the 3rd party trackers as of now.

And as I pointed out none of those other trackers are claiming world wide projected sales data! Its region by region which means there are areas that may not even have a tracking data . Service, but can still order the system.

You can claim that companies lie all the time, which is fine and dandy, but it seems to only apply to Sony fudgeing numbers in order to discredit the Ability to know Sold through numbers to Consumers!

Hell for all we know Sony invested into a program to do just exactly the type of tracking this very site does, as a matter of fact they may even have a better programming technique that may give them a more accurate result! 

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Ninsect said:
AZWification said:
GamechaserBE said:
So much talk still not one user who can not tell where those 600k numbers went and just attacks ioi.... ioi or other users are not saying sony is lying but must be a good idea where those 600k has been sold... ioi can't just put 600k sold to Luxembourgh...

Screw logic! Let's just go and attack the site's owner!!

You just mad from the last time you argued with ioi.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

BeElite said:

1 Vg does not even know PS4 production numbers, or the markets PS4 is sold in and how many shipped there.

They lack BASIC information.  Hilariously given the markets PS4 is in and Sony knowing how much they shipped, the figure is around 50 for that alone lol. Probably more 1-1000 but i dont want to sound harash.  

2  We all know its wrong, even owner pretty much said so.  He does not claim to be right you know, he doe snot "know"where the extra sales are.  

3 - Yahh thats casue they adjust to them buddy. 

1. You are still making up figures. I don't care what information Sony has. First off, PS4 production #'s have nothing to do with sales to consumers. Nothing at all. Even shipped to areas is a really hard figure to conclude sales to consumers off of. You still have units sitting in distribution centers and stores themselves. If these distribution centers decided to stock up on more units due to high demand, they may have made additional orders. This does NOT conclude there were more sales. It could just mean there are 750,000 PS4s sitting in distribution centers instead of 300,000 sitting in distribution centers. Or stores may now actually have 10-15 PS4s each, where they were previously sold out, so there were not any. So this information you keep telling me that Sony has doesn't mean their sales to consumers # is any more accurate than what is provided to us by VgChartz.

2. No, we do not all know that it is wrong. Could it be wrong? Yea, it certainly could. But you seem to not be able to comprehend that Sony claiming these sales does not immediately mean they are 100% true. Samsung had 10,000x (haha) more information than others regarding the Samsung Galaxy sales too, and it was later determined that they sold half as many as they claimed to sell. So how could this possibly happen. They had SO much more information, but only sold half as many as they claimed. Could it possibly be that they lied? Nooooooo. But you are right, there is absolutely no way shape or form that Sony could have lied in similar fashion.

3. EXACTLY. So the current VgChartz estimates are accurate with the 3rd party trackers. So the ONLY difference between our VgChartz # and the Sony # is information not provided by 3rd party trackers. You told me that you don't only base your information on Sony...but the ONLY information out there supporting 10m consoles sold to consumers comes from just Sony. There are no 3rd party trackers that support this conclusion, just Sony. So don't tell me you are basing information on a multitude of sources, when the ONLY source for the current discrepency is Sony themselves.

joeorc said:

Hell for all we know Sony invested into a program to do just exactly the type of tracking this very site does, as a matter of fact they may even have a better programming technique that may give them a more accurate result! 

Like shipment - retailer - sold out of all stock begging for more due to empty shelves ?  As they said more then 10m so they could have had more then 10m PS4 do a system update, and log on from 10m individual ips.  

They are so many way for them to have damn near perfect accurate numbers, but some want to deny  2 +2 = 4