By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will PS4 reach 10 million sold? - ioi comments on undertracking

overman1 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
overman1 said:

really okay please take a look at his last 20 youtube videos on his  channel 

The fact this guy get's a lot of views makes me sick.

lol what you use expect from Militant console fanboys?

espcially the ones who feel they are losing the console war this gen?

they would go to a 'Refugee Camp" for comfort and security where thy feel they can safely bash the competition. Almost everything he says is a lie or blown terrbly out of porpotion but it gives both him and his fans a sense of comfort  and isnt hurting anyone so I cant really fault him for all that. 

You should check out the Blackbuster's video's about them. lol Nxtgen720 get's owned too.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

Being an auditor you know that a publicaly traded company must have their financials matching to the cents...

Ummmmm, no they don't? The financial statements must be materially correct. Errors are found all the time with no changes to the financial statements ever occurring as the mistakes are not material to the financial statements as a whole. Materiality is determined based on a multitude of factors, depending on the company.

Keep in mind, auditors aren't reviewing every single transaction the company made, only a very small sample size which is then extrapolated. So even after financial statements are audited there is still a chance that there are material errors in the reported statements that just happened to not ever be seen with our small sample sizes (the idea with auditing is that we are becoming as sure as is reasonable that there are no material misstatements).

So yea, the information you see in financial statements is never accurate to the penny. There is just a high chance that it is materially correct.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

gooch_destroyer said:
overman1 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
overman1 said:

really okay please take a look at his last 20 youtube videos on his  channel 

The fact this guy get's a lot of views makes me sick.

lol what you use expect from Militant console fanboys?

espcially the ones who feel they are losing the console war this gen?

they would go to a 'Refugee Camp" for comfort and security where thy feel they can safely bash the competition. Almost everything he says is a lie or blown terrbly out of porpotion but it gives both him and his fans a sense of comfort  and isnt hurting anyone so I cant really fault him for all that. 

You should check out the Blackbuster's video's about them. lol Nxtgen720 get's owned too.

to tell you the true, I cant really get into their mess. I saw a video from Nxtgen and I couldnt watch it to the end because he came off as very ignorant and "plastic blinded" for my tolerance. Sometimes the Pro Sony community on youtube arent very much better themselves. But I notices many of them are also Pro PC which I can agree with to an extent. 

ioi said:
joeorc said:

Why say "if" 

The fact that has he ever came out an said "if" on released Nintendo or Microsoft number's they release?

That is the very point people are making in this very thread, he is Questioning Sony's claim on the number's.

I have been doing this for nearly 10 years so have learned not to take any announcement or press statement from a manufacturer as gospel no matter where it comes from unless it can be backed up and supported by other independant data. This is true of Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and any of the software publishers.

Any news or opinions on where ya think the numbers may have come from? I would definitly be interested in what region that might have been.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

ioi said:
joeorc said:

Why say "if" 

The fact that has he ever came out an said "if" on released Nintendo or Microsoft number's they release?

That is the very point people are making in this very thread, he is Questioning Sony's claim on the number's.

I have been doing this for nearly 10 years so have learned not to take any announcement or press statement from a manufacturer as gospel no matter where it comes from unless it can be backed up and supported by other independant data. This is true of Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo and any of the software publishers.

Congrats, you been doing this for 10 years, but do you think its Quite a bit of Arrogance on your part to claim, that unless you can get data backed up by another party for that data, what about your Data? You can choose to run that way, if you want but if no other 3rd party can confirm this Data as you said, than does that than point to claiming you do not trust the companies data that they have? So if sony asked to see your data, would you show them your break down method?

Because only Sony already stated these were internal, thus you are stating you are looking for another company to confirm this Data, so in effect why is Microsofts listed as over 5 million can any of the other conpanies confirm this data also?

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
joeorc said:
ioi said:
joeorc said:

Why say "if" 

Congrats, you been doing this for 10 years, but do you think its Quite a bit of Arrogance on your part to claim, that unless you can get data backed up by another party for that data, what about your Data? You can choose to run that way, if you want but if no other 3rd party can confirm this Data as you said, than does that than point to claiming you do not trust the companies data that they have? So if sony asked to see your data, would you show them your break down method?

I mean better yet before Sony went up on stage insider derp came out and stated Sony sold through over 10 million, do they not count as independent source's? I mean do you doubt the methods they use, so they would or do not count, with tracking methods they may use?

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

People wanted explanations. ioi gave us, now they complain.
Fuck logic.

Really, people? How hard is to understand that just adding numbers is not the solution, Sony won't give a report specifying their sales, so it's not simple. This site is not 100% accurate because they use their sources to ESTIMATE the sales. And for a free service, I think they do a good job.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Phronesis said:
People wanted explanations. ioi gave us, now they complain.
Fuck logic.

Really, people? How hard is to understand that just adding numbers is not the solution, Sony won't give a report specifying their sales, so it's not simple. This site is not 100% accurate because they use their sources to ESTIMATE the sales. And for a free service, I think they do a good job.

I really dont think people expect VGChartz to the 100% accurate. If you read back to ioi's originial post. it seemed He was isinuating that most likely Sony was "lying" about their numbers than his own accuracy about the sales figures. I really think that is what got people riled up. Everyone knows this site isnt perfect but I guess he worded his sentence wrong. 

Thank you for the great website and time you spend updating it.

Are you saying Sony made a mistake, possibly? I find it hard to believe Sony would make a statement like that when they know millions of people are watching.