By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: Early Access Is Limited To 6 Hours

So far I haven't seen a single argument as to why EA Access is bad just reaching at what if this happens etc..... Then people try to say "6 hours for a demo"?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! This news is shocking because for some reason people thought you were going to get to play the full game 5 days before it came out .

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
bubblegamer said:

So we're ok with paying 30 dollars per year to demo games now? wow gaming is progressing!

Ya know you could view it as:

EA Access: 5 dollars a month to play at least 1, probably more, games for 6 hours

PS Now: 5 dollars to play 1 game for 4 hours

Which is the better deal there?

What about the 10% off games + the vault?
You imply that people are getting only 6 hours early access to at least one game for 5$ which is far from the reality.

EA Access is already a great deal without the early access... So this 6 hours early access is just awesome.

It's a demo limited to six hours, way to sensationalize the title by making it seem like the service is -_-

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Ka-pi96 said:
Imaginedvl said:

What about the 10% off games + the vault? You imply that people are getting only 6 hours early access to at least one game for 5$ which is far from the reality.

Yep I know, just making the comparison, EA access is way better value than PS+ even without those things whether people are willing to admit it or not.

IDK about EA Access being a better value than PS+, PS+ gives out dozens of games a year (PS Vita, PS3, PS4)

bubblegamer said:

So this service is only good if you're a big fan of EA and buy multiple games from them on a yearly basis.

Crazy, right? EA has a service which is especially for people who like EA games. Believe it or not, Amazon Prime is good for people who buy at Amazon.

If I would buy an Xbox One now I could pay 30 bucks to get four EA games for a full year + the other games which will be released in the Vault in the next 12 months (nobody knows these but I would guess Garden Warfare, maybe Titanfall early next year and so on...)  + demos which seem to be better as demos releasd normally + 10% discounts on games and DLC (Dragon Age, Fifa 15 and so on). 

To me that sounds fair and even if it wouldn't be for me it is still not even close to a rip-off as long as you use some of the stuff you get with it. If you won't play the games in the Vault and if you will never buy an EA game digital to get the discount  it's obviously not worth it but not sure why you thought that this is a service for people not interested in EA games but well...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Imaginedvl said:

What about the 10% off games + the vault? You imply that people are getting only 6 hours early access to at least one game for 5$ which is far from the reality.

Yep I know, just making the comparison, EA access is way better value than PS Now even without those things whether people are willing to admit it or not.

IDK about EA Access being a better value than PS+, PS+ gives out dozens of games a year (PS Vita, PS3, PS4)

Ooops, it was PS Now I was comparing it to, not PS+.

PS Now and EA Access are completely different services.

Ka-pi96 said:
Imaginedvl said:

Yep I know, just making the comparison, EA access is way better value than PS Now even without those things whether people are willing to admit it or not.

This just in, Hulu Plus is a way better value than Xbox Live Gold. Why am I comparing two completely different services? I don't know, but I am!

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

so much value right there.

Ka-pi96 said:
darkshadow23 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

And? The value of each can still be compared can't they?

No not really, you just lack arguemnt so you need to bring something up.  

two vastly different things.

Ka-pi96 said:
darkshadow23 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

And? The value of each can still be compared can't they?

PS Now on PS4 allows you to play PS3 games. So in order to play EA games from last gen I would have to buy a PS3 to play it. PS Now would save me $160.