By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: Early Access Is Limited To 6 Hours

plip.plop said:
Full access to an unreleased game for 6 hours, with the option to a 10% discount should you buy it, and all saves will not be erased? While it won't matter as much for Madden, think how nice it will be to have saved progress for a dragon age game. Also didnt they say that the games in the vault will not be rotated on added to?

I agree @@2.50 a month is entirely too much for this service
In other news, I pay $4.40 a day for my 2 kids to eat school lunch...

Their TOS clearly states they can and will rorate games at any time for no stated reason. Anything their mouth piece spouts is just salesmenship trying to get people to buy into the BS. Frankly if people havn't learned by now and fall for it they deserve to lose their money. Just don't cry about it when you are getting fisted by the EA monkey on your back if you buy into this.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

In the case of RPGs, 6 days the game could be completed. I knew that was too good to be true as who would pay $60 just for 1 game forever when you could page $30 and get the same thing (if not limited) plus 4 other games.

Play it, complete it. Then 8 months later when it's £10 buy it used and enjoy it again. :P

Hmm, pie.

Sometimes I wonder if people are being st***** on purpose.

First, let's make a clickbait title saying you get only 6 hours to play games on EA Access.
Then when you read what's it's all about you realize (unless you don't want to) it's for the new Madden 15 which gives you a demo of the full game for 6h...

Because you have an agenda, put dismissing on auto pilot and proceed to the bashing... eventhough you have no clue what's it's all about.

Meanwhile some other service gives you 4 hours for 5$ for every single games... and it's awesome...

Some gamers amaze me.

To be honest, I don't get people's complain unless they were expecting unlimited access to new full games which sound unrealistic. Now if the restraint refer to older games then I would be pissed.

Hey, it's a choice!

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
fireburn95 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

But it would be playing the full game for free, because that is what they are offering with early access. EA access is what like 40 quid a year? EA release like 10+ games a year probably so to buy all of them new would cost 400-500 pounds and you think people should get full access to every EA game for the week prior to release without paying a penny extra to the EA access fee? That would pretty much end sales of EAs games, people would get EA access and then never buy an actual game again.

That's EA's own problem when you create a premium subscription service. They could choose
not to have this service and just stick with demo's/
PS Plus deals with the 'what if no one ever buys games, just gets them free' malarky.
If EA want to charge a subscription, the least you expect is value.
Where's the value in a rotated vault that doesnt let you build a backlog, or
the timed demos.
Madden is not a story game, it cant be 'completed' in a week, so for games with stories like dragon age
that should have limits on the campaign, but madden, fifa etc. should be a complete early access for
about a week.

Why exactly do  you think the games will rotate and won't let you build a backlog? EA made it pretty clear that games once in the Vault will be always in it except if they have to take it out for some legal reasons (maybe if they would have a licence for a movie adaption which would end after some years or so)

Come on be real. If in 2018 I buy a months subscription, do you actually believe i'll have 5 years worth of EA games for that small price of £3.99?
If theyre so worried about someone finishing a game in early access' limited timeframe, I essentially could play & complete dragon age inquisition, mass effect and the tons of other non annualised games which are put on the service after a couple of years of their release, and I just paid £4 to play the lot.

The t&c is there because EA plan on rotating, they're not going to let someone with a months, or even a years sub access years of content for £4 when they subscribe. EA still sell games after their release, look at the mass effect trilogy for example.

prinz_valium said:
5 days acces to full games so u can complete it. (for every new ea relase)
thats what ea should do.

/s

It sounds reasonable for a game like madden or fifa. Naturally story games like dragon age or mass effect should have a story progress limit, or a campaign demo along with longer access to multiplayer/online portions of the game, especially if they're charging for it.

Wow, people defending EA when EA mislead people to begin with... Sure 6 hours of game time is not bad, but the issue is that EA mislead the consumer and that's why people are pissed.

Where do people get that EA misled anyone. This is not for vault games. This is how early access was described by the CEO weeks ago:

In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game’s modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.

• Unlike demos, which are stand-alone chunks of the game meant to give you a taste but don’t provide the full experience, when you play a trial through EA Access, you’re playing the real game for a limited time, five days before the release date.
• If you buy the game once it releases, you don’t need to download or install anything; you can just pick up where you left off and keep playing.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Wowsers.. Lol.. I started a thread on this earlier, but it doesn't seem as popular as this one. Mods can lock my thread if need be.. No biggie.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..