By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios Ramps Up Recruitment for a Variety of Vital Roles

Tagged games:

Hype?

Ya! 58 84.06%

Na! 10 14.49%

Total:68
fleischr said:
How about a Turok remake/reboot?

Long before Retro made Metroid Prime, they were once Iguana Studios and made history by delivering the first truly great console FPS: TUROK!!

It'd be a cool series to see back on it's glory track. A remake would be sweet on 3DS and it'd be an amazing to have a full HD remaster/reboot on Wii U. It'd provide a mature IP/shooter that actually makes sense on the Nintendo platform

I loved Turok 2 back in the days. A remake and/or a completely new game made by Retro would make me scream like a girl.

Around the Network

It is time for Nintendo to trust Retro, let them make something new. There will be a huge backlash against Diddy Kong Racing 2

Pavolink said:
Already lost any hope on them. Don't care anymore whatever they do.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Pavolink said:
Already lost any hope on them. Don't care anymore whatever they do.

What kind of fate can I have when the only thing they do now is just more 2DK?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

Oh, come on! We don't even know for sure if their next game is DKR2! :-/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

"next-gen shader technical expertise preferred", while incorporating varying styles to "produce FX with a strong and appropriate sense of timing, color and drama". The Gameplay Engineer role necessitates "prior experience working on game-play systems for AAA video games"

Doesn't sound like Diddy Kong Racing

Retro was born to do Metroid, please don't release Diddy Kong Racing T_T

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Pavolink said:

Read what I said before. AI Engineers are not hired for flying games racing games or platformers. The rest of the hires are most defiinite a 3d game. These hires have Metroid written on it if not  a new IP.

The Zelda team were working on 3 games at once. Zelda U, WW HD and ALBW.

Naughty Dog was likely working on TLOU:R and Uncharted 4 together.

I don't see people arent assuming Retro to be working on two games. Likely the remake and a metroid, IMO.

Might also be helping a 3rd party studio with a game also going to Wii.

Pretty sure WWHD was outsourced.

I wouldn't mind Diddy Kong Racing U. Since Wave Race and F-Zero are pretty much kaput, Nintendo is really hurting for racing games. DKR would be nice.

Maybe some late-gen Wii U games will be ported to the next-gen Fusion handheld too. That might explain why they need multiplat development. Or they might be doing the same thing as Smash Brothers (developing for Wii U + 3DS concurrently).