By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios Ramps Up Recruitment for a Variety of Vital Roles

Tagged games:

Hype?

Ya! 58 84.06%

Na! 10 14.49%

Total:68
fleischr said:
How about a Turok remake/reboot?

Long before Retro made Metroid Prime, they were once Iguana Studios and made history by delivering the first truly great console FPS: TUROK!!

It'd be a cool series to see back on it's glory track. A remake would be sweet on 3DS and it'd be an amazing to have a full HD remaster/reboot on Wii U. It'd provide a mature IP/shooter that actually makes sense on the Nintendo platform

I would LOVE that. Turok 1 and 2 are two of the best console FPS games I've played. And the series is in desperate need of a reboot. 

But doesn't Disney Interactive own the rights?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Pretty sure WWHD was outsourced.

I wouldn't mind Diddy Kong Racing U. Since Wave Race and F-Zero are pretty much kaput, Nintendo is really hurting for racing games. DKR would be nice.

Maybe some late-gen Wii U games will be ported to the next-gen Fusion handheld too. That might explain why they need multiplat development. Or they might be doing the same thing as Smash Brothers (developing for Wii U + 3DS concurrently).

It wasn't, it was made by Nintendo EAD 3 (the Zelda one), albeit textures were done externally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_Waker_HD#Development

OOT3D was the one that was outsourced, to Grezzo.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

As much as I love Nintendo and their games, I really hope Retro make a game that doesn't feature cartoony visuals. I mean, except Devil's Third, Xenoblade and possibly Bayonetta 2, nothing they have announced so far seems to diversify their lineup. A new DKR would definitely not do so.

A new Turok like others suggested before me would be awesome! Please let that happen. They should buy back the franchise asap.

CANT WAIT!!!! I must know their next project =D

Veknoid_Outcast said:
fleischr said:

Long before Retro made Metroid Prime, they were once Iguana Studios and made history by delivering the first truly great console FPS: TUROK!!

It'd be a cool series to see back on it's glory track. A remake would be sweet on 3DS and it'd be an amazing to have a full HD remaster/reboot on Wii U. It'd provide a mature IP/shooter that actually makes sense on the Nintendo platform

I would LOVE that. Turok 1 and 2 are two of the best console FPS games I've played. And the series is in desperate need of a reboot. 

I think Disney may have the rights up for sale. If you recall, there was actually Turok reboot in 2008. It was okay -- but nothing near the original Turok 1 & 2 levels of awesome. Disney was going to do a sequel to that reboot, but the project got canned indefinitely back in 2009 without ever even announcing it and no developments have taken place since. Last september, some concept art and footage was leaked.

Nintendo should own the Turok franchise. I should write a thread on this...

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
fleischr said:

I think Disney may have the rights up for sale. If you recall, there was actually Turok reboot in 2008. It was okay -- but nothing near the original Turok 1 & 2 levels of awesome. Disney was going to do a sequel to that reboot, but the project got canned indefinitely back in 2009 without ever even announcing it and no developments have taken place since. Last september, some concept art and footage was leaked.

Off topic, but did anyone play Turok 3? I never did but people don't seem to remember it that fondly. Turok 2  was a masterpiece back then, so I'm curious what went wrong with the sequel.

New AAA action IP... Or Diddy Kong Racing.

fleischr said:

Veknoid_Outcast said:

I would post in that thread  

If it's not Metroid then dont even bother.

mjo011 said:
fleischr said:

Off topic, but did anyone play Turok 3? I never did but people don't seem to remember it that fondly. Turok 2  was a masterpiece back then, so I'm curious what went wrong with the sequel.

Turok 3 is an OK game, but it pales in comparison to the first two Turok games. Something essential was lost when the original Turok team left for greener pastures.

Its not a bad game, it's just pedestrian. The levels are short and linear, the weapons and enemies are uninspired, and the enemy AI is decidedly dumb. On the plus side, the save system is forgiving and the boss battles are fun.