By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on Final Fantasy IX?

I loved it. Simple and effective gameplay, good story and, most of all, great soundtrack.

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
Final Fantasy 9 is the last good Final fantasy!

>inb4 FF10

I love how people downplay FF13 yet they praise FF10 and/or FF12....

I am one of them.

I liked Final Fantasy X for its spherography and battle system and I liked Final Fantasy XII for it's variety and big world, even though I don't actually consider Final Fantasy XII a 'real' Final Fanatsy. I believe, Final Fantasy XIII is a shallow game with no main strength: bad characters, story and battle system.

I liked it but the random encounters made me ragequit at one point where I had to do something in correct sequence and had to walk back and forth. It is strange how in some Square jRPGs encounters were designed perfectly (Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, FFX) and in some stupidly.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

It's my third favourite Final Fantasy.

I think it's a very well crafted game that descends into slight nonsense towards the end, but is still incredible amounts of fun. I liked the cast. I liked the setting. I LOVED the soundtrack.

I think these days it gets a fair bit of hipster love because of the backlash towards VII/VIII, in that people over-rate it because it was under-rated at the time.

A very good game, though.

KingWithNoKrown said:
IX is Final Fantasy at its best. Along with XII & VI.

We have pretty much the same taste in Final Fantasy. :)

Did you by any chance think XIII was underrated?

Around the Network
LemonSlice said:
KingWithNoKrown said:
IX is Final Fantasy at its best. Along with XII & VI.

We have pretty much the same taste in Final Fantasy. :)

Did you by any chance think XIII was underrated?

I don't think XIII deserved all the flack it got. So I guess...? I much prefer XIII-2 :)

It's my favourite Final Fantasy, I really liked it's characters (especially Vivi), artsyle, soundtrack, world/cities, minigames/sidequests and the many references to older FF games.

It's one of the most memorable gaming experiences for me.

FFIX did everything right. It doesn't have the best battle system or story in the franchise, but they're still good.

my fave final fantasy...

quina is my fave character... bulky, healing abilities and fucking frog drop!!!!

quina helped me level up with her level 5 death to the grand dragon...

i dont like the trance system though... it triggers on regular battles which is a waste since it takes forever to up the trance meter....

at the end of the game i end up using...

freya for her dragons crest
quina for frog drop and other heal assist
eiko for madeen
and garnet as the main healer....

Most overrated FF ever... Its so boring, I cant get into it. The only thing I absolutely love about it is the battle theme... my god it was just amazing. No FF has topped that battle theme yet

My thoughts:
Best game of all time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.