By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on Final Fantasy IX?

Truly immortal masterpiece. Can never decide wether this one or VII is the best FF. I asked myself the question one million times though...

Around the Network
Squall_Leonhart said:
InnocentSin said:

I'm gonna assume, FFVIII is your favorite?

Perhaps

I think I'm going to take that as a "yes"!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Final Fantasy 9 is the last good Final fantasy!

>inb4 FF10

I love how people downplay FF13 yet they praise FF10 and/or FF12....

InnocentSin said:
POE said:
I really liked the game, but i don´t know if it happened only to me, but i felt a little bored at the last 4 hours or so of the game.

I thought that the last part of the game was interesting not necessarily boring. Although my favorite parts in the game were Disc 1 and 2, I felt it dragged a little in Disc 3.

Yep, i enjoyed a lot more Disc 1 and 2.

Come on. Tetra Master and the Treasure hunt are the greatest mini games in all of FF. Well except for the submarine Battle in FF7 but screw that.
FF9 is the full package and the best FF ever made. Can't find a single negative thing in this game. The soundtrack is great and easily on par with that of FF8.

The game is the culmination of what FF1-5 wanted to be.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

IX is Final Fantasy at its best. Along with XII & VI.

OttoniBastos said:

>inb4 FF10

Pretty much this! FFX was a decent game, but it started many of the things that plague the FF franchise nowadays like the linearity for example! :-/

Best PlayStation Final Fantasy.

AZWification said:
OttoniBastos said:

>inb4 FF10

Pretty much this! FFX was a decent game, but it started many of the things that plague the FF franchise nowadays like the linearity for example! :-/

Yeah, Final Fantasy X is a not a very good Final Fantasy, obnoxious characters and way too linear, IX was the last great Final Fantasy game we got.

DerNebel said:
AZWification said:

Yeah, Final Fantasy X is a not a very good Final Fantasy, obnoxious characters and way too linear, IX was the last great Final Fantasy game we got.

It's a shame we'll never get a Final Fantasy game as good as FFIX ever again! Oh, Square Enix! :-/