By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Nintendo are afraid to ad voices ?

Link silent, everyone else talks. That's the way it should be.

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

There is no need for voices. There is no need risking another Metroid Other M, or worse, CDi.

Other M wasn't shit because of VA.

...Oh wait, we agreed never to talk about this again. Go on lol.

VanceIX said:
sc94597 said:
VanceIX said:

There is no need for voices. There is no need risking another Metroid Other M, or worse, CDi.

Prime 3 had voice acting before Other M, and while it wasn't the greatest it was tolerable. From what I've heard, the japanese voice-acting for Other M was decent. 

Played Prime 3, there was very little VA, and what was there was nothing special, neither adding nor detracting from the game. Zelda has much more dialogue, and many more places for the VA to go horribly wrong.

If they limit voice-acting to cutscenes, that wouldn't be a problem. 

sc94597 said:

Then it might just feel out of place when the characters aren't n cutscenes.

It's up to personal preference in the end. I just don't like the idea of VA in Zelda or most classic Nintendo titles, tbh.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
sc94597 said:

Then it might just feel out of place when the characters aren't n cutscenes.

It's up to personal preference in the end. I just don't like the idea of VA in Zelda or most classic Nintendo titles, tbh.

What do you mean by "when the characters aren't in cutscenes?" There are plenty of games that don't have voice-acting in regular non-cutscene conversations, but do in the cutscenes. Voice-acting isn't something I would actively want, but I also don't actively oppose it either. Nintendo can pull it off fine in Zelda. I can't see how it could be any worst than the random grunts and noises the characters make now. 

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
As long as Link remains a silent avatar/protagonist, then I don't mind them adding voices to the other characters, at least on the console versions.

This. Link being a silent protagonist is absolutely fine, but npc's and other main characters should have voice.

spemanig said:
Link silent, everyone else talks. That's the way it should be.

wouldnt people of hyrule make funny of him because he cant speak ?

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

This is why Nintendo is afraid to innovate, people like to hold onto every single game tradition until the game starts to get stale and repetitive. I would have no problem with voices as long as they're done well.

TheLegendaryWolf said:

I actually forgot about that cartoon's existence up until this moment!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---