By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors French import review 6/10, Japanese users report freezes & drops

Ka-pi96 said:
Don't know whether to be pleased or displeased about that.

Pleased that it doesn't get extra points just for having Zelda in the name or displeased that Warriors games are still scored too low.

What do you mean pleased it doesn't get extra points for having the Zelda name.  Dynasty Warriors 8 on the PS4 has online play and it runs without frame drops.  Hyrule Warriors has frame drops, freezing, and no online play with the same problems a Dynasty Warriors game has: repetitive as hell and dumb AI.  BAM.  6/10.  I'd think the noticeable framedrops and no online play should make the game score less.

Around the Network
NickK said:
I cannot believe ANYTHING till I get my copy. Excuse me, but Japanese aren't the smartest nor French regarding games.

Seriously ? 

"I don't agree with a minority of reviewers from Japan and France, so they're idiots when it comes to gaming"

Who's sounding like an idiot here ? smh

Also, 

Japan: 

-Metal Gear Solid

-Final Fantasy

-Kingdom Hearts

-Silent Hill

-Resident Evil

-Fire Emblem

-Mario

-Zelda

-Chrono Trigger

etc...

France: 

-Arx Fatalis

-Dishonored

-Heavy Rain

-Rayman

-Beyond Good & Evil

-Assassin's Creed

-Valiant Hearts

-Ghost Recon

etc...

So yeah, what a bunch of idiots.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Cobretti2 said:
Most those cons (ie repetitive, dumb AI, long levels) could be applied to

Sports Games
Racing Games
FPS Games

which is like most the games people play lol.

Different strokes for different folks.

No they cant. those genres have extensive online modes where no two matches are the same. that is a mode that this game and genre could really benefit from.

the musou series is funny. Some will defend the repetitive gameplay all day but then go around and bash another game for the same thing. and vice versa. Why does musou get a pass? I get if you like the game and thats fine but you would still have to judge accordingly.

Cobretti2 said:
Most those cons (ie repetitive, dumb AI, long levels) could be applied to

Sports Games
Racing Games
FPS Games

which is like most the games people play lol.

Different strokes for different folks.

most people play those, because they can play them against other human beings.

Meaning there is no dumb AI (or any AI), no long levels (just maps/tracks that can be customized) and not being repetitive as every human plays differently.

Around the Network

Don't really care about the review (I think everybody already knows what they are getting into if they buy this game. It's not for everyone), but I hope the issues get patched so we don't have to deal with them here.

sundin13 said:
Don't really care about the review (I think everybody already knows what they are getting into if they buy this game. It's not for everyone), but I hope the issues get patched so we don't have to deal with them here.

In Japan, that's probably true.  In the west, especially with Nintendo owners, that probably won't be the case.  I'd imagine that a high percentage of people who buy this game have little or no experience with Musou games and probably won't even know that it's anything but a new Zelda spin-off.

For that reason, I have no problem with publishers treating this as a new game and not selecting the "niche Japanese game reviewer" as the one who reviews it.  When the experience of many of those who buy the game is going to be fresh, you might as well go with a reveiwer who will have the same perspective.  I think that's fair.

Besides, a lot of publications don't even review niche Japanese games and won't have someone familiar with them on staff.

As for frame-rate drops, maybe I'm mixing this up with something else, but does anyone remember a guy from Omega Force once saying that the Wii U would struggle with Musou games because of the weak CPU?  I'm sure they would have solved most of that, obviously, but it still might be an issue in certain situations.

Lafiel said:
yea, as I expected it is a more charming looking musou game

I read in a japanese amazon user review that it get's really tiring to have that watch that complete treasure chest opening scene again and again (can't skip it) - considering how many chests I got in Dynasty Warriors Next I can see that being a problem.

Yeah, but that's a 3D Zelda problem.

Tlozjb said:
So I imagine this people played on Easy or Normal, since if they would had played on Hard, or in a higher difficulty, it wouldn't say Dumb AI at all. Though aside from the no online thing, they pretty much described every modern game, that gets pretty much perfect scores, I'm sure that if the same things were said in a CoD review or something, the game would get a 9/10-10/10. Their is also the case of the reviewer seeming to be a Musou hater, and xenophobic to Japanese gaming, it is no different, to how IGN gave Sonic Lost World(or was it Kirby, or both?) to be reviewed by a hater of the series.

Let me take a guess here, you are planning to get the game day one and possibly already have it pre ordered.

Aye, sounds solidly Dynasty Warriors.

Dials back my enthusiasm a bit. Fortunately Nintendo can patch games now, so the freezing problem at least could be resolved (not sure about framerate drops)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.