By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hyrule Warriors French import review 6/10, Japanese users report freezes & drops

Most those cons (ie repetitive, dumb AI, long levels) could be applied to

Sports Games
Racing Games
FPS Games

which is like most the games people play lol.

Different strokes for different folks.

Around the Network

If they fix the technical stuff I may buy it. I hear the hard difficulty allows better AI so i hope a reviewer tries that out. I really want to play as Impa after watching the GameXplain stream.

Cobretti2 said:
Most those cons (ie repetitive, dumb AI, long levels) could be applied to

Sports Games
Racing Games
FPS Games

Different strokes for different folks.

Indeed. That's why I don't like reviewers : they never go beyond their personal tastes/subjectivity and still intend to speak for everyone. it's silly and irresponsable.

The big problem is the score. If you actually read GK's review, you feel it's more like 7 or 7.5, but this Puyo guy who has a problem with Musô game and is xenophobic towards japanese gaming in general. Removing scores altogether would be nothing but a big help for readers.

I wonder why Gamexplain didn't har any problems during their 6 hour stream.
Anyways, repetitiveness is kinda the whole deal of the Warriors games, no? Some people dislike it, but I love it XD

Sounds great (this from someone who loved DW8XLCE on PS4 and wants Warriors Orochi and Samurai Warriors as well).

Around the Network

I listened to Nintendo Voice Chat (IGN's weekly Nintendo podcast) on Thursday and Jose Otero, who is the main guy for the Nintendo team right now, had also played the import and said that he enjoyed it even though it is a Warriors game at its core. He also said that if you are against the core of Warriors gameplay, then avoid it, but if you are into the Zelda fanservice and/or like Warriors gameplay, then check it out for sure.

It's really just different strokes for different folks for this game, and people who really love the Zelda and/or Warriors series will get a lot of enjoyment out of it. If you don't have much passion for either one, then don't buy it.

NNID: TheCCluc

got mine pre-ordered. Gonna be fun for me.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

So I imagine this people played on Easy or Normal, since if they would had played on Hard, or in a higher difficulty, it wouldn't say Dumb AI at all. Though aside from the no online thing, they pretty much described every modern game, that gets pretty much perfect scores, I'm sure that if the same things were said in a CoD review or something, the game would get a 9/10-10/10. Their is also the case of the reviewer seeming to be a Musou hater, and xenophobic to Japanese gaming, it is no different, to how IGN gave Sonic Lost World(or was it Kirby, or both?) to be reviewed by a hater of the series.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Lafiel said:
NickK said:
I cannot believe ANYTHING till I get my copy. Excuse me, but Japanese aren't the smartest nor French regarding games.

"everybody that doesn't share my taste is an idiot" ?

"The home of 2 out of 3 of the largest video game manufacturers aren't smart"?

Don't rely on reviews from Gamekult.
They can be REALLY harsh for no reason. For example, Child of light got a 6, inFAMOUS: Second Son and TitanFall got 7, Divinity Original Sin got a 7 as well, and the The Walking Dead Season 2 got 5-7 grades...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.