By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction - PS4 will have 20 million lead over Xbox One at the end of 2015

eva01beserk said:
Aerys said:
Teeqoz said:
Tagging for future fun

Maybe you'll bump the thread to say " wrong prediction,  25M lead finally :) " , with a combination of poor X1 sales during Jan -October until Haloand great PS4 sales ( it works together) , it could be.

Thats what people dont seem to get, after this holidays the x1 has nothing but quantom brake for 10 months. From jan-oct i think the x1 will sell like 2m from that drought. and this year I see the x1 ending at like 8m. So thats like 10m before halo 5 and tomb raider come in and the ps4 should be at around 25m by then and will have at least double the numbers of exclusives for the holiday and will have over four times acoumulated by then.

So yea, I think the x1 will sell badly.

Indeed, if X1 sells 200k each month between Jan-Oct(and it could be less, since like i said, more the PS4 dominate, less X1 will sell) , you get 1,6M, adding big releases effect ( that will help more PS4), you will get something like  2M .

And i dont think Quantum Break will do something, it is not even in pre order charts, if Titanfall and price cut did nothing, only Halo 5 and TRcan help, but 15M is really the best it can do, selling 5M for the holidays will be hard without an other price cut.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Aerys said:
Teeqoz said:
Tagging for future fun

Maybe you'll bump the thread to say " wrong prediction,  25M lead finally :) " , with a combination of poor X1 sales during Jan -October until Haloand great PS4 sales ( it works together) , it could be.

Thats what people dont seem to get, after this holidays the x1 has nothing but quantom brake for 10 months. From jan-oct i think the x1 will sell like 2m from that drought. and this year I see the x1 ending at like 8m. So thats like 10m before halo 5 and tomb raider come in and the ps4 should be at around 25m by then and will have at least double the numbers of exclusives for the holiday and will have over four times acoumulated by then.

Um.. Have you not seen Feb/March lineup. They don't have to be exclusives to help sell consoles..     EVOLVE, Battlefield: Hardline, Dying Light, Witcher 3 will help sell X1 consoles. Especially EVOLVE and Battlefield. EVOLVE seems to be favoring X1 with its promotion alittle. 

With LESS BIG releases this year.. the console will have sold 2 mil or more during that period. And half that time the console was $499. 

You also act as if every GAME has been announced and dated yet.  That is not even close to being reality. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

Not a chance in hell . 10 million at the most
It amazes me at the ignorance of ppl thinking the ps4 is another ps2. Sorry but that reAlity is not gonna happen

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
It amazes me at the ignorance of ppl thinking the ps4 is another ps2. Sorry but that reAlity is not gonna happen

This one will be funny to bump :p

8M will be already almost achieved by the end of 2014 and you think the difference will only be 10M at the end of 2015?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

cpg716 said:
eva01beserk said:
Aerys said:

Um.. Have you not seen Feb/March lineup. They don't have to be exclusives to help sell consoles..     EVOLVE, Battlefield: Hardline, Dying Light, Witcher 3 will help sell X1 consoles. Especially EVOLVE and Battlefield. EVOLVE seems to be favoring X1 with its promotion alittle. 

With LESS BIG releases this year.. the console will have sold 2 mil or more during that period. And half that time the console was $499. 

You also act as if every GAME has been announced and dated yet.  That is not even close to being reality. 

Yea cuz multyplats have moved so many x1 so far right? Exclusives diferiante a console from the competitios. Right now it looks almost even but the ps4 is ahead. Next year there will be no reason to get an x1 if all the games coming out can be played on the ps4 + all the exclusives the ps4 has.

Pricut prooved to be useles so please move from that argument already. And before you even mentione 29 territories, Im lafing already at september.

Sony might not have dated them all but anouncing them builds hype wich gets people interested in whats to come. MS showed nothing at gamescon and droped interest in the console for the begining of next year completly.

The x1 has been selling on hype, mainly on launch, since then it has droped off considerably. Next year without the hype and bleack lineup, it will sell less then what the wii u was selling in its hardest time.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
Aerys said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

This one will be funny to bump :p

8M will be already almost achieved by the end of 2014 and you think the difference will only be 10M at the end of 2015?

At this point, i think that PS4 will sell 10M more than XBOX ONE by end of year.

(18m VS 8m)

10M easily
15M possible and not unlikely
20M still possible, but quite unlikely, unless XBOne do horribly.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

eva01beserk said:
cpg716 said:
eva01beserk said:
Aerys said:

Yea cuz multyplats have moved so many x1 so far right? Exclusives diferiante a console from the competitios. Right now it looks almost even but the ps4 is ahead. Next year there will be no reason to get an x1 if all the games coming out can be played on the ps4 + all the exclusives the ps4 has.

Pricut prooved to be useles so please move from that argument already. And before you even mentione 29 territories, Im lafing already at september.

Sony might not have dated them all but anouncing them builds hype wich gets people interested in whats to come. MS showed nothing at gamescon and droped interest in the console for the begining of next year completly.

The x1 has been selling on hype, mainly on launch, since then it has droped off considerably. Next year without the hype and bleack lineup, it will sell less then what the wii u was selling in its hardest time.

The only real test for muli-plats we have is the launch release. There hasn't been much else.

Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, 2015 Sports games, Battlefield, GTA V. We will see how these sell NEXT-GEN consoles over the next few months.  Watch Dogs was about the only real multi-plat in 2014 so far. And yes it sold double on PS4. The PS4 also has double the consoles on the market.  Sept/Oct/Nov will be more telling. Call Of Duty usually hypes Xbox players more then PS4. It could help sell consoles as its being touted as the first real "next-gen" COD. 

Price drop, wider release, fixed GAMING message, (most blogs thought XBOX had the better Gamescon showing), Halo:MCC will help sell consoles for at least 3-4 months, so that continues into Jan/Feb. Quantam Break can still build the hype before release. I think there is a lot set up that can boost sales for early 2015. They might even do a price cut again come Feb/March to $349. Although in reality every single bundle this holiday includes a FREE game, so that is almost a price cut there..  Madden, Sunset Overdrive, etc.. All $399 with game.

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

cpg716 said:
eva01beserk said:
cpg716 said:

The only real test for muli-plats we have is the launch release. There hasn't been much else.

Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, 2015 Sports games, Battlefield, GTA V. We will see how these sell NEXT-GEN consoles over the next few months.  Watch Dogs was about the only real multi-plat in 2014 so far. And yes it sold double on PS4. The PS4 also has double the consoles on the market.  Sept/Oct/Nov will be more telling. Call Of Duty usually hypes Xbox players more then PS4. It could help sell consoles as its being touted as the first real "next-gen" COD. 

Price drop, wider release, fixed GAMING message, (most blogs thought XBOX had the better Gamescon showing), Halo:MCC will help sell consoles for at least 3-4 months, so that continues into Jan/Feb. Quantam Break can still build the hype before release. I think there is a lot set up that can boost sales for early 2015. They might even do a price cut again come Feb/March to $349. Although in reality every single bundle this holiday includes a FREE game, so that is almost a price cut there..  Madden, Sunset Overdrive, etc.. All $399 with game.

Yes sincelaunch all games have soldbetter onps4. but after wachdogs there was wolfenstein and snipper elite, not record braking games but both sold much better on ps4. From now on it will be more ovbious and this silly rebutle will finally stop.

False about gamescon. Most fans thought that it was better, mainly cuz of theimpact tomb raider had. Aside from that MS showed almost nothing new, while sony floded the gates with new games. MS has nothing to talk about for the begining of the next year. Sonyhad the better gamescon.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Rafie said:
Nah not 15 mil. I can see 10 at the most. I won't bet anyone because I'm just speculating here. I just think that Xbox has some gems that would keep them afloat. Especially from getting a 15 mil gap. That's crazy!

I'm not implying this gen is going to be a repeat of 6th gen, but the original XBox had it's share of gems, yet that gen eventually ended with a 130+ million difference between the 2, and the PS2 didn't even have a fraction of the AAA first party exclusives the PS4 will have. I can see PS4 having a more than 10 million lead by the end of 2015. 15 - 20 million is very believable. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon