By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo fans should demand Rise of Tomb Raider WiiU version!

Tagged games:

sundin13 said:

Look, I've explained my point a bunch of times. When you say stuff like "Now we are harvesting what we cultivated" I have to call BS. The publishers are the one "harvesting what [they've] cultivated" by constantly reducing consumer faith in their products. Yes, a good game does come around once in a blue moon, but we were trained to be skeptical. It is not our job to take leaps of faith with out money, we have to be given a reason to trust these publishers and we have not. 

"We cannot demand anything from them": But that is our job as consumers! Our job is to say that we deserve better. Our job is to let these companies know that we will not settle. Our job is not to kiss their feet when they throw us table scraps. Yes, it will not be easy to change the minds of consumers and instill faith, but in taking this risk, in building this healthier eco-system, they can create a better environment for themselves and us long-term. 

It is absolutely ridiculous to say that we should have to buy Watch_dogs in order to get something better than the way we were treated. I've said this multiple times already, but it is not the consumer's job to accept the shit that we are being fed. Not buying the game says just as much as buying the game...it says that we aren't happy with the way we are being treated, however, that will likely lead to Ubi abandoning the platform and I am saying that while I understand the short term ideals behind that move, it will not provide the most beneficial long term result and that result is the fault of the Publisher, not the consumer. 

Finally, the fact that the Directors cut was $20 extra on Wii U is absolute bullshit, and is just another thing that should not be supported by consumers. Just look at all of the shit publishers have pulled over the last few years, like DRM and online passes. If the entire industry was as complacent as you seem to want Nintendo fans to be, we would be in a significantly worse situation. 

My point (once again) is that an environment that can sustain 3rd party games can be created on Nintendo consoles (and yes, I know that it is not there now), however, the Publishers are taking the short term solution (and easy way out) by simply abandoning the platform at the first sign of trouble. A better course of action is available and the fact that it has not been followed is the fault of the Publishers, not the consumers. 

I think we are hurting more from NOT getting the games at all, than they are of not losing money because we don't buy the games anyway.

We can tell them we deserve better, if we bought the product in the first place and making it better could mean selling more, saying we deserve better and not buying anything is just give them reasons to not try at all and that is exactly what is happening, and I would rather have good but not perfect versions of the games, than no version at all.

We are not beign fed shit, is not like the Wii U version of the game is unplayable, or unenjoyable, sometimes is just a few frame drops, sometimes is a useless feature that is missing, but Nintendo fans consider it "shitty" versions, when they are just unpolished ports, will they use more time to get them better, sure they will! but only if the effort (that costs more money) represents more sells, but if with the current effort, that is not cheap anyway, they are not getting any positive results why should they expend more to get the same or worst results.

Deus Ex was 20 U$ more costly, now is the same and it has exclusive features, is the game selling now? did it make any money for the publisher? no and no. So why bother with the new Tomb Raider? no reason at all. They gave up and I agree with them.

You already are biased against 3rd party efforts on the console, have you bought many? have you seen the quality of the games? or you are just judging from the distance? some companies did an effort and we cannot convince more to do it if those extremely rare cases of good quality go and sold the poors amounts that it did. We just have to accept that Nintendo consoles are bought to play Nintendo games, and go out for a second console, and hope that Nintendo can survive this generation by themselves. I did my part, I bought the games, I even helped sale more of those games to my country men that cannot get them on official stores, but now I can only cross my fingers and start saving for a complementary console or PC, nothing else. I cannot demand anything from them because they will just show me the awful numbers that they have and I will agree that they made the right decision.

Around the Network

Nah. Square Enix is honestly going down in quality so I don't play their games much anymore

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

flagstaad said:

I think we are hurting more from NOT getting the games at all, than they are of not losing money because we don't buy the games anyway.

We can tell them we deserve better, if we bought the product in the first place and making it better could mean selling more, saying we deserve better and not buying anything is just give them reasons to not try at all and that is exactly what is happening, and I would rather have good but not perfect versions of the games, than no version at all.

We are not beign fed shit, is not like the Wii U version of the game is unplayable, or unenjoyable, sometimes is just a few frame drops, sometimes is a useless feature that is missing, but Nintendo fans consider it "shitty" versions, when they are just unpolished ports, will they use more time to get them better, sure they will! but only if the effort (that costs more money) represents more sells, but if with the current effort, that is not cheap anyway, they are not getting any positive results why should they expend more to get the same or worst results.

Deus Ex was 20 U$ more costly, now is the same and it has exclusive features, is the game selling now? did it make any money for the publisher? no and no. So why bother with the new Tomb Raider? no reason at all. They gave up and I agree with them.

You already are biased against 3rd party efforts on the console, have you bought many? have you seen the quality of the games? or you are just judging from the distance? some companies did an effort and we cannot convince more to do it if those extremely rare cases of good quality go and sold the poors amounts that it did. We just have to accept that Nintendo consoles are bought to play Nintendo games, and go out for a second console, and hope that Nintendo can survive this generation by themselves. I did my part, I bought the games, I even helped sale more of those games to my country men that cannot get them on official stores, but now I can only cross my fingers and start saving for a complementary console or PC, nothing else. I cannot demand anything from them because they will just show me the awful numbers that they have and I will agree that they made the right decision.

You continually miss the point of what I have said @.@ 

Point 1: The Publishers have dug their own hole. It doesn't matter who suffers more from it, it is not the consumer's job to dig them out of that hole.
Point 2: That hole can be filled by Publishers, if they put in an equal effort more than once. This will have long term benefits for everyone, although the short term results will likely be mixed. 

You keep focusing on the short term and the past (and blaming the consumer for some reason), while I am talking about what publishers should do for a better future. 

sundin13 said:

You continually miss the point of what I have said @.@ 

Point 1: The Publishers have dug their own hole. It doesn't matter who suffers more from it, it is not the consumer's job to dig them out of that hole.
Point 2: That hole can be filled by Publishers, if they put in an equal effort more than once. This will have long term benefits for everyone, although the short term results will likely be mixed. 

You keep focusing on the short term and the past (and blaming the consumer for some reason), while I am talking about what publishers should do for a better future. 

I think you are making the wrong points because you are focusing just in the job of the publishers and not in the customers also...

1: The publishers did not dug that hole alone, the customers help them, and they will not get out of it if we don't help them also.

2: It cannot be filled by the publishers alone, the few times they had put equal effort they had been rewarded with lackluster sales and all the publishers will not put the same amount of effort without some glimmer of hope or an extended hand from the customers, they are not the enemy. They will not lose money to try to create some mystical environment if they don't see signs that we want that environment

You keep focusing in a long term that may never come if we don't help to fix the problems in the present, and I am not putting all the blame on the customers just in the few cases when we have dropped the ball precisely when they reached out to us with a good game and we just "do not care" because some imaginary and usually stupid reason.

It is a complex issue but if we don't work together with them, the ones who will suffer the most is not going to be them who are actually making more money on the other consoles, is the customer who will have to spend more money and get more consoles to play a good variety of games, and also the platform holder that will lose the licensing fees and as Nintendo fans we should be at least concern about it.

I think Watch_dogs is a perfect oportunity to prove that we want those games, the title may have some flaws and it is arriving late, does it means that is a bad game? does it means that the developer or publishers did not made an effort to finish a game that by all current numbers should be just cancelled? No, they are making an effort and that should be appreciated, so next time when they are thinking about porting another game they feel motivated to create a Wii U version too, and hopefully they would even considering putting additional efforts if they see that it could result in more sales.

Oh yeah I never even thought of this.

Around the Network

flagstaad said:

I think you are making the wrong points because you are focusing just in the job of the publishers and not in the customers also...

1: The publishers did not dug that hole alone, the customers help them, and they will not get out of it if we don't help them also.

2: It cannot be filled by the publishers alone, the few times they had put equal effort they had been rewarded with lackluster sales and all the publishers will not put the same amount of effort without some glimmer of hope or an extended hand from the customers, they are not the enemy. They will not lose money to try to create some mystical environment if they don't see signs that we want that environment

You keep focusing in a long term that may never come if we don't help to fix the problems in the present, and I am not putting all the blame on the customers just in the few cases when we have dropped the ball precisely when they reached out to us with a good game and we just "do not care" because some imaginary and usually stupid reason.

It is a complex issue but if we don't work together with them, the ones who will suffer the most is not going to be them who are actually making more money on the other consoles, is the customer who will have to spend more money and get more consoles to play a good variety of games, and also the platform holder that will lose the licensing fees and as Nintendo fans we should be at least concern about it.

I think Watch_dogs is a perfect oportunity to prove that we want those games, the title may have some flaws and it is arriving late, does it means that is a bad game? does it means that the developer or publishers did not made an effort to finish a game that by all current numbers should be just cancelled? No, they are making an effort and that should be appreciated, so next time when they are thinking about porting another game they feel motivated to create a Wii U version too, and hopefully they would even considering putting additional efforts if they see that it could result in more sales.

1. The bias was built by publishers and no one but the publishers can fix that. Consumers are (more often then not), mindless drones who are told what to buy by marketing and public perception. Publishers have done a terrible job of convincing Nintendo fans to buy their games. The customer is right in this instance and the publishers are the ones who need to change to fix this.

2. Thats the point...they've only done it right a few times. They need to change public perception which will not happen overnight, and it certainly wont happen if they throw us a bone once in a blue moon between giving us the finger. Ubi gave us the finger with Rayman and Watch_dogs, Namco gave us the finger with Project Cars, Activision gave us the finger with CoD, all the companies who cancelled DLC gave us the finger. Yeah, something good comes around once in a while, but public perception needs to be changed. Once again, its about long term betterment of the industry (not sure why you call this "mystical") and if a company only looks at the short term, it will drive itself into the ground and it is the reason we are in this predicament to begin with. 

If more/better games on released on Nintendo consoles from third parties, they will AT WORST take a minimal loss and at best help create another market where these games can thrive. Obviously I'm looking at the scenario where all publishers suddenly decide to do what is best for themselves and the industry, which is a very unrealistic goal, but I have not hidden the fact that I am looking at the future from an idealistic perspective (what should happen vs what will/could happen). 

About Watch_dogs: Games don't sell on quality alone. It takes word of mouth, hype and marketing and a number of other factors. By launching late, WD has removed all of its hype, ran its word of mouth dry and stopped its marketing. It is a dry game release. That will never sell, under any environment. Blame consumers all you want, but as I said, they need to be told what to buy. Is it their fault that they aren't too bright? Totally, but that is a fixed state and it is neither something that will change, nor something that can change. That is why I don't think the blame is on them and I don't think that they will be the catalyst of change. Publishers can change...its up to them where they go from here (although we all know where they will go).

Once again, I am talking about what should happen, not what will or could happen...

sundin13 said:

Once again, I am talking about what should happen, not what will or could happen...

But we need to focus on what could happen and MAKE IT happen, we cannot wait till everyone else fixes our problems, we have to work to fix them together, put your grain of sand, "take a bullet" for the team, name it as you want, and change your state of mind, don't think you are rewarding a bad behavior (or lazy port), think that you are helping to create a better future, the publisher will not think "look we made money on this port, jajaja poor suckers", they will be wandering "mmm, how much money would had we generated if the had released on time?"

I am planing to offer the preorder of Watch_dogs for my fellow Wii U gamers in my country, I know there is interest on the title, maybe not as much as before but for us is harder to "just go and buy another console", and we rather have a late port that no game at all, specially since it add variety to the console catalog and you have to admit that even though Nintendo games are great they don't offer this kind of experience on their titles.

flagstaad said:
sundin13 said:

But we need to focus on what could happen and MAKE IT happen, we cannot wait till everyone else fixes our problems, we have to work to fix them together, put your grain of sand, "take a bullet" for the team, name it as you want, and change your state of mind, don't think you are rewarding a bad behavior (or lazy port), think that you are helping to create a better future, the publisher will not think "look we made money on this port, jajaja poor suckers", they will be wandering "mmm, how much money would had we generated if the had released on time?"

I am planing to offer the preorder of Watch_dogs for my fellow Wii U gamers in my country, I know there is interest on the title, maybe not as much as before but for us is harder to "just go and buy another console", and we rather have a late port that no game at all, specially since it add variety to the console catalog and you have to admit that even though Nintendo games are great they don't offer this kind of experience on their titles.

We (the minority) are just as powerless to change the majority (mass-consumers) as we are to change the publishers. Like I said, consumers are fixed, they do not and will not change. The change has to come from the publisher's end. Its marketing's job to "change" consumer's minds about products...

But, I think we've reached a point where we aren't really disagreeing anymore...we just look at the issue from different viewpoints. I do think you aren't giving enough blame to the publishers, but otherwise we don't disagree. 

However, no matter how you look at the issue, we are as good as powerless. We have to wait for other, more important people to change things for us...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHA not going to happen bros.

sundin13 said:

We (the minority) are just as powerless to change the majority (mass-consumers) as we are to change the publishers. Like I said, consumers are fixed, they do not and will not change. The change has to come from the publisher's end. Its marketing's job to "change" consumer's minds about products...

But, I think we've reached a point where we aren't really disagreeing anymore...we just look at the issue from different viewpoints. I do think you aren't giving enough blame to the publishers, but otherwise we don't disagree. 

However, no matter how you look at the issue, we are as good as powerless. We have to wait for other, more important people to change things for us...

I think we can make a difference, but I do think it will not be easy, we can start by speaking in a more positive way, lets stop calling Wii U ports "shitty" and tell that they are flawed or imperfect. Recomend the games anyway, most of them you can get very cheap at the moment and some Wii U owners don't know about their existence, you will not believe the surprise faces I get when I mention that you can play Assassin's Creed IV on Wii U.

Word of mouth is still important, very important indeed, we don't have to make the environment more hostile that is already is for publishers, let's stop calling for boycotts that help no-one and don't ignore the Wii U ports right away, as customers in a first world country you are used to be always right but think about us third world people who cannot afford a second console and will have to decide between buying a Wii U with the franchises that we love and forget about all other games or ignore the console and go for the competition and miss all the nintendo fun.

Give your friends or family members the Wii U version of a game as their birthday gifts (or something along those lines) if they have the console, they may bother you because they wanted the PS3 or 360 version but is a gift and they should not complain too much.

All those things feel like a small stuff, but if more people does it we can make a difference, I already have sold 11 copies of Deus Ex, 10 of Splinter cell, 9 of Assassin's Creed IV, 5 of Batman: Arkham Origins and a few more.