By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo fans should demand Rise of Tomb Raider WiiU version!

Tagged games:

Not gonna happen! Sorry man, but I really don't see this becoming reality.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

First of all, Deux Ex (Wii U) was sent out to die by SE's stupidity. Second of all, it is third parties fear of taking that minimal risk that prevents there from being three healthy platforms for 3rd party games, which would benefit everyone in the industry. While of course there is some consumer fault, you can't blame Nintendo fans for being skeptical of 3rd party games when we have gotten the short end of the stick repeatedly. 

Deus Ex is a great game, that alone should have allow it to sell a better amount, I do agree that SE could have done a better job at marketing and promotion, but anything less than 100k for such a great development effort, good gamepad integration and improvements is just sad. Nintendo fans are becoming elitist, if the game is not perfect and has exclusvie features it does not deserve even a second look and that is what is hurting the third parties, I have seen too many examples...

look here is Batman: Arkham Origins at the same time as the others version and with less bugs, yes it is missing a feature that almost nobody will use but is 10 U$ cheaper to compensate. Don't want it

Check it out, Resident Evil: Revelations is launching on the console and is a damn good version. Nope, I don't want it

There are just too many examples, any minor flaw that usually people will not notice makes the game a bad tittle and not worth it. If we were buying a lot of games we could demand a better quality and improved versions, but if nothing sells, the publishers will just not put too much effort, or like in this case, no effort at all.

I have 15 third party games for the console, I am complying with the pact  and even I don't feel entitled to demand anything from them, not even a cheap port of this game, because I know already that nobody will buy it, just me and a few other guys like zippy or spurgeonryan, and we are not enough to make it worth it.

I only own one console which is the WiiU if third party games such as Tombraider, CoD: Advanced Warfare, GTA V, Far Cry 4 came to Wii U I would buy them but they dont so they dont get my money. When Watchdogs releases on WiiU I will buy it.

flagstaad said:

Deus Ex is a great game, that alone should have allow it to sell a better amount, I do agree that SE could have done a better job at marketing and promotion, but anything less than 100k for such a great development effort, good gamepad integration and improvements is just sad. Nintendo fans are becoming elitist, if the game is not perfect and has exclusvie features it does not deserve even a second look and that is what is hurting the third parties, I have seen too many examples...

look here is Batman: Arkham Origins at the same time as the others version and with less bugs, yes it is missing a feature that almost nobody will use but is 10 U$ cheaper to compensate. Don't want it

Check it out, Resident Evil: Revelations is launching on the console and is a damn good version. Nope, I don't want it

There are just too many examples, any minor flaw that usually people will not notice makes the game a bad tittle and not worth it. If we were buying a lot of games we could demand a better quality and improved versions, but if nothing sells, the publishers will just not put too much effort, or like in this case, no effort at all.

I have 15 third party games for the console, I am complying with the pact  and even I don't feel entitled to demand anything from them, not even a cheap port of this game, because I know already that nobody will buy it, just me and a few other guys like zippy or spurgeonryan, and we are not enough to make it worth it.

With Deus Ex, I was talking about the fact that SE decided to sell the Director's Cut for $50 on Wii U and $30 elsewhere (kinda like how EA released ME3 on Wii U alongside the trilogy elsewhere). That is just killing the sales before it even releases. 

That Batman game was pretty much considered to be pretty "meh" overall, in addition to the fact that the Wii U version was snubbed of DLC and the Season pass was cancelled. Also, the Wii U version was technically worse than the 360 and PS3 versions by a significant margin (according to Digital Foundry).

RE: R had already released on a platform that many Nintendo fans owned (3DS) and sold quite well there. There is likely a large amount of Wii U owners who also own a 3DS, and those who were interested in the game likely already bought it.

Its not "any minor flaw" that keeps people from buying these games, its that almost every 3rd party game on Wii U isn't as good as it should be. As I said, yes, there is some fault on the consumer for not supporting the good games when they come around (although realistically good sales of many 3rd party exlusives during the Wii generation showed that Nintendo gamers are willing to buy good content), but a userbase needs to be built, and 3rd parties haven't done their job to build it. Short term, they may not make much money on the ports (although I doubt they would lose money if the multiplats were of acceptable quality) but long term, 3rd parties can build a healthier ecosystem for themselves, which is necessary with rising dev costs. 

"If we were buying a lot of games we could demand a better quality and improved versions, but if nothing sells, the publishers will just not put too much effort, or like in this case, no effort at all."

That is terrible logic. Its an obvious negative feedback loop, and its not the consumers job to buy shitty products in order to get companies to increase their quality.

Playing at the moment: LoZ:WW HD and Xenoblade Chronicles (Damn, this 2 are awesome *-*)

My Wii U current backlog:

Pikmin 3
Zombie U
One Piece: Unlimited World Red
Mario Galaxy
Mario Galaxy 2
Paper Mario N64 (Got it with Nintendo Club)
LoZ: Skyward Sword
Trine 2
AC IV
Rayman Legends

And i have to play all this before Hyrule Warriors, Watch Dogs, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad and Smash get out.

So no, i am not really worried. Besides, i still have to find mood to finish TLoU.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

justiceiro said:

Besides, would be hipocrisy, since the Bayonetta 2 deal is exactly the the same(even worse since its not timed exclusivity).

Except its not the same...We know Bayo 2 wouldn't have been made without NIntendo stepping in, but would you honestly believe that MS saved Rise of the Tomb Raider? If MS hadn't stepped in, the game would have likely still been made except it would have been multiplatform. Theres a difference between buying a game and buying exclusivity (although of course we can't know the exact details of this deal)

Yeah, but remenber that sega also stated that platinum tried to convience sega at first, but they said that the sales of the first game were not enough. SE said the same thing about the sales of the tomb raider 2013. I'm not saying that the tomb raider game would not be made, but are you sure that platinum would not convience any other publisher in the world that they could do a profitable sequel besides nintendo?

Remenber too that ninja gaiden 3 razor edge was wiiu exclusive at first.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

justiceiro said:
sundin13 said:

justiceiro said:

Besides, would be hipocrisy, since the Bayonetta 2 deal is exactly the the same(even worse since its not timed exclusivity).

Except its not the same...We know Bayo 2 wouldn't have been made without NIntendo stepping in, but would you honestly believe that MS saved Rise of the Tomb Raider? If MS hadn't stepped in, the game would have likely still been made except it would have been multiplatform. Theres a difference between buying a game and buying exclusivity (although of course we can't know the exact details of this deal)

Yeah, but remenber that sega also stated that platinum tried to convience sega at first, but they said that the sales of the first game were not enough. SE said the same thing about the sales of the tomb raider 2013. I'm not saying that the tomb raider game would not be made, but are you sure that platinum would not convience any other publisher in the world that they could do a profitable sequel besides nintendo?

Remenber too that ninja gaiden 3 razor edge was wiiu exclusive at first.

Who knows if it was possible (SEGA may also have had some say in it, due to publishing the first game), but Platinum said that Nintendo are the reasons the game exists and I think that that information is more relevant than any other speculation. 

Also, SE is full of it...sure TR may have not sold what they were expecting but its not like it wasn't successful:

"Having achieved profitability back in 2013, Tomb Raider has exceeded profit expectations and continues to make significant contributions to our overall financial performance. At launch we set franchise records for the fastest-selling day-one and month-one in Tomb Raider history. With the positive word of mouth and continued commercial momentum it's great to see Tomb Raider on course to become the best-selling game in the history of the franchise." 

Not only is Tomb Raider a long running franchise, but it just had a reboot thats going to have over 5mil in lifetime sales and sold the best on Sony platforms. A sequel would have been made and that sequel would have almost surely been on PS4 if it wasn't moneyhatted...

Also, I'm not sure what your point is with NG3...it was just a remake of a game no one cared about. 

sundin13 said:
flagstaad said:

With Deus Ex, I was talking about the fact that SE decided to sell the Director's Cut for $50 on Wii U and $30 elsewhere (kinda like how EA released ME3 on Wii U alongside the trilogy elsewhere). That is just killing the sales before it even releases. 

That Batman game was pretty much considered to be pretty "meh" overall, in addition to the fact that the Wii U version was snubbed of DLC and the Season pass was cancelled. Also, the Wii U version was technically worse than the 360 and PS3 versions by a significant margin (according to Digital Foundry).

RE: R had already released on a platform that many Nintendo fans owned (3DS) and sold quite well there. There is likely a large amount of Wii U owners who also own a 3DS, and those who were interested in the game likely already bought it.

Its not "any minor flaw" that keeps people from buying these games, its that almost every 3rd party game on Wii U isn't as good as it should be. As I said, yes, there is some fault on the consumer for not supporting the good games when they come around (although realistically good sales of many 3rd party exlusives during the Wii generation showed that Nintendo gamers are willing to buy good content), but a userbase needs to be built, and 3rd parties haven't done their job to build it. Short term, they may not make much money on the ports (although I doubt they would lose money if the multiplats were of acceptable quality) but long term, 3rd parties can build a healthier ecosystem for themselves, which is necessary with rising dev costs. 

"If we were buying a lot of games we could demand a better quality and improved versions, but if nothing sells, the publishers will just not put too much effort, or like in this case, no effort at all."

That is terrible logic. Its an obvious negative feedback loop, and its not the consumers job to buy shitty products in order to get companies to increase their quality.

@Sundin that was well stated and 100 percent true 

Ninsect said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
This game won't sell well anyway. Any Nintendo fan that was going to get this game has already bought it on another console. If they release a version now, I'm quite sure the Wii U version would be gimped in some way or form. Nintendo fans don't buy low quality games.

He means the next tomb raider

But... Not even PS4 owners are getting it... Why suddenly ask for it now?

QuintonMcLeod said:
Ninsect said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
This game won't sell well anyway. Any Nintendo fan that was going to get this game has already bought it on another console. If they release a version now, I'm quite sure the Wii U version would be gimped in some way or form. Nintendo fans don't buy low quality games.

He means the next tomb raider

But... Not even PS4 owners are getting it... Why suddenly ask for it now?

Both PS4 and PC owners will get it. It's a timed deal

The One and Only

VizionEck.com