By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dat Nintendo Cash Grab!

kljesta64 said:
^ its blue for some reason lol

Well, it's 720p upscaled to 1080p. It has a bloom filter, etc. These are pretty minor expected things of a remaster.

The neogaf link kinda proves my point that these things are noticed and pointed out because of the great magnifying glass the series gets put under. A lot of it can be summed up as "We made changes to conform with modern game design. It's easier and we added an optional higher difficulty."

Edit: I got the resolution confused with MK8. Oops.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
kljesta64 said:

Well, it's 720p upscaled to 1080p. It has a bloom filter, etc. These are pretty minor expected things of a remaster.

The neogaf link kinda proves my point that these things are noticed and pointed out because of the great magnifying glass the series gets put under. A lot of it can be summed up as "We made changes to conform with modern game design. It's easier and we added an optional higher difficulty."

Show me an article stating this. On the Nintendo website it says experience the game in 1080p, while on 720p games it says experience the game in 720p.

outlawauron said:
kljesta64 said:

The Wind Waker HD runs at  1080p/30fps! Just saying!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

bigtakilla said:
outlawauron said:
kljesta64 said:

Show me an article stating this. On the Nintendo website it says experience the game in 1080p, while on 720p games it says experience the game in 720p.

You are right. I got it confused with Mario Kart 8, which was 720p upscaled to 1080p. My mistake!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Walmart has it cheaper at $40
http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Wind-Waker-Wii-U/27271394

Games in Australia are just overpriced in general.

Around the Network

My copy was free, so...yeah

Aside from that, double standards be damned! Only difference is I suppose games which are a decade old are more appreciated for the new generation who missed out on it the first time than a game released last year. I saw no complaints for OoT 3D, after all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Is this thread a joke? I mean seriously?

Squeezol said:
Angelus said:
If anything is a Nintendo cash grab, it's the fact they they constantly release two different versions of all their pokemon games to force completionists to spend more money lol

Especially Pokemon Black 2 and White 2. What was the point of that?..

You mean the best Pokemon games?

The difference is that the game was over 10 years old when remade (late 2013 vs early 2003), as opposed to 2 years even.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Kyuu said:

Okay so.. I think some of you are missing the point. Try to forget The Last of Us for a second...

You're totally okay with Nintendo's outright greedy policy of pricing their games 3 times more than the direct competition, namely the HD collections. I'm calling it a direct competition because those games are as old, if not older than the Wind Waker, they're from the same generation and have been upscaled in resolution from 480p~ to 720p. In short, the HD collections and WWHD received similar treatment/costs and were equally justified to be remade.

BUT.. the difference is self explanatory. The Sony/Japanese-Publishers remasters are 1 third the price of WWHD (and most other Nintendo remakes I think) This instantly puts Nintendo into question! NOT necessarily in a comparable way to Sony's choices with Last of Us Remaster. You can criticize each for different reasons.

I think you are missing the point...We were never complaining about the HD remasters, you were the one who brought up TLOUR. That's a year old game. 

WWHD is not a remaster, it is a remake. It holds for new gameplay, new textures, new effects, and new lighting. Along with many other things I didn't mention such as the added hard mode for those who considered the game easy.