By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dat Nintendo Cash Grab!

kljesta64 said:
outlawauron said:
kljesta64 said:
Wind Waker HD isnt just a port with high resolution its the first of its kind on home consoles a full remaster.

This is so funny and completely not true.

how ?

Because in reality, they made very little changes to it. They changed very small things that don't mean a whole lot. They only are mentioned and noticed because of the heavy scrunitiny that the series comes under.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
AZWification said:

To be perfectly honest, WWHD was a remake that improved the visuals quite a lot and it also improved certain gameplay aspects ( sailing is faster in WWHD for example)!

The Team ICO collection is about as reworked as Wind Waker HD. It also adds the 3D option which is incredible with Shadow of The Colossus on 3DTVs. As well as Trophies to further improve re-playability. And yet it still cost much less!

And you're downright wrong on WWHD being a complete remake. If you'd like to see what a proper remake is supposed to look like, take a look at MGS The Twin Snakes or Resident Evil on Gamecube. Those games were rebuilt from the ground up. Clearly, this isn't the case with any remaster we've seen, not excluding Team ICO's and Wind Waker.

Wind Wakers Free. How can SOTC be cheaper than that?

If everything else fails, blame Nintendo.

Oh and yeah, their really greedy tradition of 2 game Pokemon is awful, I mean, they expect hardcore gamers to have friends to trade with? Pft.

Kyuu said:

Okay so.. I think some of you are missing the point. Try to forget The Last of Us for a second...

You're totally okay with Nintendo's outright greedy policy of pricing their games 3 times more than the direct competition, namely the HD collections. I'm calling it a direct competition because those games are as old, if not older than the Wind Waker, they're from the same generation and have been upscaled in resolution from 480p~ to 720p. In short, the HD collections and WWHD received similar treatment/costs and were equally justified to be remade.

BUT.. the difference is self explanatory. The Sony/Japanese-Publishers remasters are 1 third the price of WWHD (and most other Nintendo remakes I think) This instantly puts Nintendo into question! NOT necessarily in a comparable way to Sony's choices with Last of Us Remaster. You can criticize each for different reasons.

I'm ok if those greedy remasters are from more than 1 generation ago and I can play for free in my new console the ones from the last generation.

I have to remind you that those HD remasters where primary for PS2 games, while the Wii can play the GameCube games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

outlawauron said:
kljesta64 said:
outlawauron said:
kljesta64 said:
Wind Waker HD isnt just a port with high resolution its the first of its kind on home consoles a full remaster.

This is so funny and completely not true.

how ?

Because in reality, they made very little changes to it. They changed very small things that don't mean a whole lot. They only are mentioned and noticed because of the heavy scrunitiny that the series comes under.

in reality ? are we in the matrix ?

gameplay : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689649

graphics :

Being a game for the Wii U, The Wind Waker HD runs at 1080p, compared to the original's 480p. The remake uses an enhanced version of the original game's cel-shading, the soft-shading. It utilizes a full-fledged lighting and shadowing system that allows for more realistic and fuller lighting than the original.[6] The remake also features bloom lighting to give a sense of "surreal realism".[7] In low-light areas, the cel-shading gives way to a softer, more realistic shading system. The lighting from torches and other point light sources is now much softer and more realistic, and objects now subtly reflect the color of nearby light sources. Other shaders are used to increase the expressivity of characters. The textures used are the original high-resolution ones created during development of the original game, which used scaled-down versions of the textures to match the GameCube's hardware capabilities. 2D elements such as icons and the HUD are completely redrawn to match the style of the game's promotional artwork.

Heat wave effects in Dragon Roost Cavern now only appear when the fire fountains are spouting. When Link uses a Warp Jar, the transition effect is a shrinking/growing circle instead of the fade-out in the original game.

The shallow water in the boss room for Puppet Ganon, which in the original game did not reflect Link and some other objects, now reflects everything within the room.

Though all other graphical elements were updated for high-definition display, the 3D models and character animations of the original game were left untouched in the remake.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

^ its blue for some reason lol

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

benao87 said:
If everything else fails, blame Nintendo.

Oh and yeah, their really greedy tradition of 2 game Pokemon is awful, I mean, they expect hardcore gamers to have friends to trade with? Pft.

Gamers don't have friends - Joel McHale at VGX 2013

Kyuu said:

Okay so.. I think some of you are missing the point. Try to forget The Last of Us for a second...

You're totally okay with Nintendo's outright greedy policy of pricing their games 3 times more than the direct competition, namely the HD collections. I'm calling it a direct competition because those games are as old, if not older than the Wind Waker, they're from the same generation and have been upscaled in resolution from 480p~ to 720p. In short, the HD collections and WWHD received similar treatment/costs and were equally justified to be remade.

BUT.. the difference is self explanatory. The Sony/Japanese-Publishers remasters are 1 third the price of WWHD (and most other Nintendo remakes I think) This instantly puts Nintendo into question! NOT necessarily in a comparable way to Sony's choices with Last of Us Remaster. You can criticize each for different reasons.

But YOU were the one mentioning TLOUR in the first place? But from what I've seen here, people (namely, Nintendo fans) don't have a problem with the HD Collections. So what are you on about, really? Noone critizised Sony for making HD remakes of older games, what they critizised Sony for was making a remake of a one year old game.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Kyuu said:

Except Windwaker wasn't just upscaled (to 1080p). The shading, textures, audio and lighting were reworked/enhanced. Furthermore, there were gameplay changes that streamlined the experience. Also, we must consider the implementation of the gamepad. 

http://www.gengame.net/2013/09/a-summary-of-everything-new-in-the-wind-waker-hd/

The highest priced HD collection was released at $50(Metal Gear Solid,) the rest at $40. I think Nintendo should have dropped the price of Zelda to $40 at launch. But atleast Zelda wasn't just a remastered game, but a remade game. Nintendo put a lot of new effects that make it more visually impressive than the original release. Also, it was 16:9, like all remakes/remasters this gen.

The Last of Us is already 16:9. There was nothing done to the gamebut increase it's resolution and framerate. The textures might be better, but it's difficult to tell. The PS3 and PS4 versions of The Last of Us look nearly identical when not in motion, while in motion the 60fps does look better. The Last of Us was a single remastered though selling at $50, not a remake.

But it's not just Sony or Nintendo. Square Enix with Tomb Raider, Netherrealm Studios with Injustice, Capcom with Resident Evil Revelations, etc. A lot of these publishers have been rereleasing a single game and overpricing it. Capcom is actually the first one to rerelease their game and sell it at $50, so I kind of blame them for starting all of this. Final Fantasy 4 Complete Collection was released at $30 MSRP when it launched for the PSP, and this is despite being a major overhaul in graphics, included new content, and included The After Years with that same graphical overhaul. Square Enix has been fu**ing up lately, but that was an easy day one purchase in my mind because while it was yet another rerelease of the same game, it was also very reasonably priced.