By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamfall Chapters no Longer Coming to Wii U or Xbox One

10m PS4 owners out there... they did the math

Around the Network
Brotherstotheend said:
eFKac said:
Brotherstotheend said:
but i guess it´s okay when sony moneyhatts

Were you mad at MS when they moneyhatted?

yes, they should have used the money to fund new games, paying to hold stuff away from other platforms is just bad for consumers of other platforms and gives people on the platfrom who get it nothing

Great, we think alike then.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

It seems the evidence suggest Sony had nothing to do with this. As someone pointed out, it looks like the dev decided PS4 was the best option after 10m was announced. Was it ever planned to come to WiiU or Xbox One?

Ninsect said:
jlmurph2 said:
Whoa whoa whoa! There's people who crowd funded this game expecting it to come to Wii U. Now THAT'S actually a problem people should be pissed about.

Let's hold our horses and check sources before we get raged. WiiU was never mentioned as part of its kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey

This is all they said about consoles:

Not for the time being. Unless you consider one of the above platforms to be a 'console', because Things Are Changing. We'd love to be on (the next) Xbox and (the soon-to-be-announced) Playstation, of course, but not at the expense of all the other platforms. So we'll see. Nothing is impossible and everything is doable.

So why did they even mention Wii U in a tweet if they had no real intentions in the first place? Seems pointless to call it out.

Edit: Oh someone asked. Nvm

Well that's a shame.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Xevross said:

It seems the evidence suggest Sony had nothing to do with this. As someone pointed out, it looks like the dev decided PS4 was the best option after 10m was announced. Was it ever planned to come to WiiU or Xbox One?

" Nintendo approached Red Thread Games about a possible port ofDreamfall Chapters to the Wii U home console immediately after the preproduction began, but it wasn't until July 2013 that the studio requested and received a dev kit to start working on the Wii U version.[43] The developers consider the Wii U port "secondary" to the main target platforms.[23]"

-Wikipedia

Last March:

"For the time being, however, the Wii U is secondary to making the PC, Mac and Linux versions as good as they can possibly be. We owe that to our backers."

Yeah they always said it was secondary and it wasn't even part of the funding campaign so WiiU owners can't really feel entitled to it...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Shouldnt we call the PS4 The One? Because the other consoles begin to feel more irrelevant as time goes by...

Oh and I don't think it was ever planned for Xbox One so the "no longer" in the OP is kind of inaccurate

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Brotherstotheend said:
but i guess it´s okay when sony moneyhatts

Sony is moneyhatting a game that to all intents and purposes is a timed exclusive on a Microsoft platform (PC)? I guess Sony is more desperate for console sales than MS.

Also please read the memo: New IP moneyhat = good / acceptable form of moneyhatting. Existing multiplat IP moneyhat into becoming exclusive = evil. Existing exclusive IP moneyhat to become multiplat and / or swap to exclusive on a different platform = They stole it from ussss, my precioussss.

Dev independantly seeing which way the wind is blowing and jumping fence to greener pastures = rat from a sinking ship = rats are smart and survivors.

Never heard of the game myself and may not notice it when it comes out, though if it 70's+ on Metacritic no doubt it'll come to PSN+ and I will probably pick it up. I pretty much "buy" every indie game that comes to PSN+.

Indies want maximum exposure, so if you're an objective indie you will focus your attention and limited budget on the platform that has the largest (by a long way) potential audience. Which means for consoles PS4 and for platforms generally PC. Though I think perhaps you get better exposure on PS4 with it being a smaller indie games library.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Best version it is for me then.

PC version