By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Timed Exclusive for Xbox

Good old Square Enix, still with the same mentality it seems

I was looking forward to the game, hopefully it will come to other platforms later.

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
This pretty means one thing; Microsoft knows they don't have a strong lineup for 2015 and are absolutely terrified of Uncharted 4, so they pretty much threw so much money that they drove a company to alienate the fan base that started it's series. I wonder if CD already forgot that both of Tomb Raider and the definitive version sold better on PS3/ PS4?

Before this, Microsoft had Scalebound, Quantum Break and Halo 5 off the top of my head, before any third party games, off the top of my head. Likely Forza 6 as well. If you prefer the PS4 or WiiU line-up, fine. But its just sillyness to pretend MS doesn't already have a great 2015 line up.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wright said:
DerNebel said:
Dark_Feanor said:
It´s not like Microsoft put a gun in Square/CD president´s head to close the deal.

It was a bussiness decision. Money was exchanged and contracts were assingned.

So? It was a stupid business decision then.

Not to Square Enix it seems and Microsoft, it seems.

That's what they think. SE is detached from reality anyway and this decision could deal huge lasting damage to the Tomb Raider franchise and possibly even the relationship to PS fans, especially after they haven't gotten the exclusive they were promised 8 freaking years ago, which then went multi and still isn't out, I don't know what MS paid them but it better be a huge amount.

And what is MS expecting this to do? Move consoles? I think they just wasted a ton of cash on this.

maverick40 said:
walsufnir said:

You  don't know me as I don't know you and it's better this way. I am not defending it in any way as I hate any moneyhatting - this includes Sony as well. I don't know why you are slightly attacking me but usually people get personal if they don't have any good arguments left...

What huge AAA 3rd party games have Sony moneyhatted?

Read again what I wrote.

walsufnir said:
Ninsect said:

Oh but I do know you, and you know me.

You didn't respond to my arguments. Pretty much the whole internet is against this with a few console warriors defending a cancellation of Playstation and PC versions. They are doing you absolutely ZERO favors by cancelling those versions and yet here you are seemingly happy with the decision.

Yeah, you know me that good that you don't know that I even don't own an Xbone. Congratulations, sir, well done. I am not happy with it but it's a legit way for MS to get exclusives to their platform.

Did I ever say you had an Xbox One? I remember you almost switching camps, to Playstation's side, before this gen started but it looks like that didn't work out. 

It's a "legit" way but it's a shitty practice to cancel versions already announced and being worked on, especially when PS has been home for Tomb Raider for decades.

Anyway, don't you want to bet it's timed? 

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

That's what they think. SE is detached from reality anyway and this decision could deal huge lasting damage to the Tomb Raider franchise and possibly even the relationship to PS fans, especially after they haven't gotten the exclusive they were promised 8 freaking years ago, which then went multi and still isn't out, I don't know what MS paid them but it better be a huge amount.

And what is MS expecting this to do? Move consoles? I think they just wasted a ton of cash on this.

We won't know until the game hit the markets. For all we know, it could flop or it could sell millions. That's the beauty of it.

starcraft said:
DialgaMarine said:
This pretty means one thing; Microsoft knows they don't have a strong lineup for 2015 and are absolutely terrified of Uncharted 4, so they pretty much threw so much money that they drove a company to alienate the fan base that started it's series. I wonder if CD already forgot that both of Tomb Raider and the definitive version sold better on PS3/ PS4?

Before this, Microsoft had Scalebound, Quantum Break and Halo 5 off the top of my head, before any third party games, off the top of my head. Likely Forza 6 as well. If you prefer the PS4 or WiiU line-up, fine. But its just sillyness to pretend MS doesn't already have a great 2015 line up.

I seriously don't see how people are still excited over more Halo. Scalebound should be cool though.

No 3DS version!? Squeenix and MS are dead to me.

IGN articles getting 2.8k comments in less than 20 minutes
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/12/gamescom-2014-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-is-xbox-one-exclusive

Ninsect said:
Landguy said:
Ninsect said:
Landguy said:
Lots of unhappy people here.

I didn’t see a bunch of people cancel their PS+ and sell their PS4s to show Sony that Moneyhatting exclusive content for their system via a White PS4 and Destiny content. You can’t have it both ways. Either you accept that companies make deals with publishers or you don’t. If you don’t want to accept it, sell your XB1 or PS4 and go PC only. If you do accept it, quit complaining or saying you’ll never buy their games again. If you’re such a big gaming fan, you’ll find a way to own both consoles and get any game or content that you want.

Oh, so announcing a game for a platform and then cancelling it and making it exclusive to the competing platform is the same as getting exclusive skins and weapons. Lol

Yes

No...

One is taking something away that changes NOTHING for xbox owners. The other is giving PS owners something additional that has been known about right from the start

So, your answer along with many others opinion is that a Moneyhat is OK, just as long as it works for you personally.  It's not that complicated.  Any kind of moneyhat is a moneyhat.  Something taken from one kind of gamer and given to another...

It is near the end of the end....