By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Timed Exclusive for Xbox

I see two possible outcomes.

1) game releases on PS4 eventually as a result of the backlash / poor sales on Xbox One, but sales overall suffer dramatically over what the sales would have been had they just launched multiplat to begin with.
or
2) Microsoft basically paid enough to fund the development and it stays exclusive permanently, and SE react based on sales, if sales are great then Tomb Raider may be okay, if sales reflect that of previous tomb raider titles on the xbox platform, I genuinely can see SE canning crystal dynamics.

Neither outcome is especially great, in my opinion this announcement may have caused irreparable damage to the franchise and to Crystal Dynamics.

Around the Network

Complete BS, if this is what MS intends to do I'm not buying their console and honestly the faster they're gone the better

All the empathy I've gathered for Microsoft over the past few months is now completely gone.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Ninsect said:
walsufnir said:
Ninsect said:I don't see how you can even defend this (well, I can because I know you). It's a shit move that deserves the shit it's getting thrown back at it.

You  don't know me as I don't know you and it's better this way. I am not defending it in any way as I hate any moneyhatting - this includes Sony as well. I don't know why you are slightly attacking me but usually people get personal if they don't have any good arguments left...

Oh but I do know you, and you know me.

You didn't respond to my arguments. Pretty much the whole internet is against this with a few console warriors defending a cancellation of Playstation and PC versions. They are doing you absolutely ZERO favors by cancelling those versions and yet here you are seemingly happy with the decision.

Yeah, you know me that good that you don't know that I even don't own an Xbone. Congratulations, sir, well done. I am not happy with it but it's a legit way for MS to get exclusives to their platform.

so what now?
1 year exclusiv?
6 month exclusiv?
3 month exclusiv?

Around the Network

Why are you all angry ? The IP isnt owned by Microsoft so it will come at least on PC ( and surely on PS4 with 2015 sales )

People never learn

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

This is definitely one of the bigger third party shifts in a series I have seen. Shame as I have enjoyed the series lately and really liked the reboot. If it finds its way to PS4 definitely get it, if not be odd entry I never played.

well played MS. hands down

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Xevross said:

Found the prefect quote here:

Instead of investing this money in a great first-party title, Microsoft is paying off Square Enix to not release Tomb Raider on other consoles

This. Considering it releases against Uncharted 4, I wish'em luck.
I hope S-E will not beg PS4 owners to buy a Definitve Edition in 2016 though.

Those thinking this is a bad business decision obviously don't see the benefit that millions upon millions of Microsofts money has on revenue for SE. The last Tomb Raider didn't sell how they expected so taking Microsofts money is less of a risk than hoping it sells well multiplatform...even more of a better decision if its timed and they still get those sales on multiplatform.