By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Publishers DO NOT CARE how much the WiiU sells

FentonCrackshell said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Probably, just face it, third party is gone which isn't the worst thing in the world for Nintendo gamers considering we hardly even buy any anyway

And that's exactly why the console is where it is. I'm sure Nintendo appreciates your dedication but don't think for a second they'd not want to be able to appeal more broadly to 3rd party devs. 

Obviously but the way that third party treated its Nintendo fans, its hard for Nintendo fans to even buy their games if they can buy it else where... We all want third party games on Nintendo consoles but the way they behaved for the past couple of years, it hardly gave us a choice... Like if you had a ps3/pc/ps4/360/x1 and etc, you would have the better versions of the third games that are avaliable on the wiiU

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Blob said:
Because people who own a Wii U and buy third party games often buy those games for either their xbox or playstation for various reasons. Nintendo needs to sort their shit out and make an environment where those people have no reason to buy a third party game on a competing console.

Last generation my top list was Wii - PS3 - Xbox360. I almost changed the order to having the PS3 on top. Either way if I had only a PS3 I would long for Wii games, so I decided to go with the Wii. 

I can afford multiple consoles, but I do not want more than one! Most people can not afford (time, money, space) more than one. Until we have a gaming landscape where hardware is irrelevant and software can be used on all gadgets (I hoped for this for many years) you will always lose out on some gems as a one system owner.

baloofarsan said:
Blob said:
Because people who own a Wii U and buy third party games often buy those games for either their xbox or playstation for various reasons. Nintendo needs to sort their shit out and make an environment where those people have no reason to buy a third party game on a competing console.

Last generation my top list was Wii - PS3 - Xbox360. I almost changed the order to having the PS3 on top. Either way if I had only a PS3 I would long for Wii games, so I decided to go with the Wii. 

I can afford multiple consoles, but I do not want more than one! Most people can not afford (time, money, space) more than one. Until we have a gaming landscape where hardware is irrelevant and software can be used on all gadgets (I hoped for this for many years) you will always lose out on some gems as a one system owner.

The problem is that the Nintendo only owner is a small minority and third party games on Nintendo systems are inferior to the others. Nintendo needs to make sure that they arent beng provided an inferior environment if they want third partys to be on board. I bought all my third party games on gamecube back in the day, since then ive been better off buying them elsewhere.

Ehhh their failure with 3rd parties has more to do with them being who they are then with hardware sales. They are closed minded act arrogant they make hardware that does not makes sense for any one but them self's and are way to xenophobic for the globalized gaming market of today.

Nintendo by their own actions alone has cultivated a toxic environment where people just don't want to work with them and for good reasons. Why work with them when you have sony or ms hell both and pc and to an extent mobile as alternatives.

Wow does anyone forget how a SMART business is run. Profits is what it is all about and when I see the PS4 double its hardware to the WiiU and turn around and only sell 20,000 more games then the WiiU that means Sony is barely profiting, if they even are. Nintendo almost matches software sells on a weekly basis and doesn't have to fork over the big bucks for the big developers and is 2.5 million behind, see where i'm going with this. Nintendo does gaming the RIGHT way sorry that being number one console sold isn't their top priority

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:

Wow does anyone forget how a SMART business is run. Profits is what it is all about and when I see the PS4 double its hardware to the WiiU and turn around and only sell 20,000 more games then the WiiU that means Sony is barely profiting, if they even are. Nintendo almost matches software sells on a weekly basis and doesn't have to fork over the big bucks for the big developers and is 2.5 million behind, see where i'm going with this. Nintendo does gaming the RIGHT way sorry that being number one console sold isn't their top priority

Err Sony posted a profit last quarter, and Nintendo posted a loss...

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
DolPhanTendo said:

Err Sony posted a profit last quarter, and Nintendo posted a loss...

They profitted because of PS3 games still selling not because of the PS4. Also Nintendo will be at a profit this quarter.

DolPhanTendo said:
Wow does anyone forget how a SMART business is run. Profits is what it is all about and when I see the PS4 double its hardware to the WiiU and turn around and only sell 20,000 more games then the WiiU that means Sony is barely profiting, if they even are. Nintendo almost matches software sells on a weekly basis and doesn't have to fork over the big bucks for the big developers, see where i'm going with this. Nintendo does gaming the RIGHT way sorry that being number one console sold isn't their top priority

did you forgot to factor in the fact that digital adoption is higher on PS4 then wiiu into your thinking ?  So sony get more profits as there is no retailer cut from all the digital sales.  

aka Vg showed 1.34m for Killzone at the time sony announced it passed 2.1m i sales.  

BeElite said:
Ehhh their failure with 3rd parties has more to do with them being who they are then with hardware sales. They are closed minded act arrogant they make hardware that does not makes sense for any one but them self's and are way to xenophobic for the globalized gaming market of today.

Nintendo by their own actions alone has cultivated a toxic environment where people just don't want to work with them and for good reasons. Why work with them when you have sony or ms hell both and pc and to an extent mobile as alternatives.

Pretty much this. 

Combined with the fact that Nintendo focuses much more on the family/kids market, and they are reasonably well supported by third parties who make those types of games -- LEGO, Disney, Skylanders, Just Dance, etc. are pretty much staples on the Wii/Wii U.

But if I'm a deveoper of Grand Theft Auto or Assassin's Creed or Destiny, why would should I go out of my way to support a Nintendo platform? There's a demographic issue here too. 

One of the problems Nintendo has is kids will play whatever ... in fact they often prefer a Sony/MS console because they want what their older siblings are playing, not a 'kids console'. But teens/adults are much more picky. No adult other than Wily Wonka would buy a purple cable box or DVD player, so why did Nintendo think that would work with a game console?

Even the people who say "well adults watch Pixar movies too!", well sure ... maybe like once every 2 years or so. How many adults watch Pixar/animated movies as their primary moving going choice? Probably less than 1%. This part of Nintendo's problem as well, I think even a generic console called "Console X" with a dull grey box and minimal marketing would still outsell a Nintendo console, just because a lot of the gaming audience just wants a "neutral" game console, they want an appliance, not a something that skews too much towards seeming like a toy. 

BeElite said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Wow does anyone forget how a SMART business is run. Profits is what it is all about and when I see the PS4 double its hardware to the WiiU and turn around and only sell 20,000 more games then the WiiU that means Sony is barely profiting, if they even are. Nintendo almost matches software sells on a weekly basis and doesn't have to fork over the big bucks for the big developers, see where i'm going with this. Nintendo does gaming the RIGHT way sorry that being number one console sold isn't their top priority

did you forgot to factor in the fact that digital adoption is higher on PS4 then wiiu into your thinking ?  So sony get more profits as there is no retailer cut from all the digital sales.  

aka Vg showed 1.34m for Killzone at the time sony announced it passed 2.1m i sales.  

No i did not forget to factor that as well. Killzone and with digital is still behind Mario Kart's retail. Do you take encount WiiU 's digital as well?