By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Publishers DO NOT CARE how much the WiiU sells

MarcellusMighty said:
If 3rd parties ever release anything of quality, I'd buy it on Wii U. I have Need for Speed, Blacklist, Arkham Origins, and Sonic Racing. Why would I want to buy Assassin's Creed when it runs at 30fps and drops constantly? And if I don't get the special content other consoles do? Instead, I drop maybe $30 to get it on PC and play close to 60fps with latest patches and somewhat decent support. Don't expect me to buy FIFA 13 when it's FIFA 12 re-skinned with some GamePad features. I already have that stuff on PC, and much better.

Unfortunately like me you're part of a pretty small minority. 

I did my part with the GameCube too, I bought Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, RE Remake, RE0, Soul Calibur 2, Viewtiful Joe, Super Monkey Ball, Resi 4, among others but to no avail. 

On Wii I bought GoldenEye, Monster Hunter Tri, House of the Dead, RE4, and Little King Story. 

Wii U I have Black Ops 2, Assassin's Creed IV, Rayman, FIFA, Tekken Tag Tourney. 

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:
Third parties do poorly on Nintendo consoles because they just shovel ports over, they don't use the technology, and they almost all aim for the very non-Nintendo CoD audience. Look at Assassin's creed for Wii U vs PS3. The Wii U version is complete garbage because they really put no effort into the Wii U version.

Never mind the fact that people are so obsessed with jerking off top "cinematic experiences" that they blow their load on high powered graphics, or the best the strongest console can do, and they neglect things like gameplay, which is one of the few level playing fields for the system.

What He Said

Nintendo needs to be an exclusive box, yaddah yaddah.

why are we acting like more 3rd party games would add 2-4 million more buyers????!!!

nintendo doesnt need 3rd party, Gamecube and Wii actually are proof. one had excellent support and didnt sell much hardware, the other had too much support with bad games that had no impact on hardware sells.

nintendo sells nintendo

random15 said:
I agree with you and I also agree with what the guy from Bethesda said about Nintendo not talking/approaching 3rd party developers when they are making their new consoles. Yeah Sony also did not ask for feedback, but it is PlayStation we are talking about and they just came off from selling 154 million consoles.

Sony got PLENTY of criticism for PS3 and rightfully so thus they changed their strategy.  Nintendo has yet to do that.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
drake_tolu said:
GC have sold bad, but have had much multiplatform.

The "kiddie console" stigma and lack of DVD really hurt that platform. 

If NOA had been allowed to call the shots on the GameCube instead of the Japanese guys IMO it would have performed better. 

How so? Nintendo of America is just one of Nintendo's foreign localization and marketing firms. They do not develop or design any software or hardware.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Soundwave said:

If the GameCube looked like this minus the stupid 1960s-ish leg nubs on the bottom and axed some of the buttons there ... 

I think that would've worked much better even if they were married to the idea of a cube shaped console. It didn't have to look as toy like as it did. 

How big is that thing compared to the original GC?

They complain that 3rd party games don't sell on Nintendo but they don't release many in the first place. Just excuses.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Jumpin said:
Soundwave said:
drake_tolu said:
GC have sold bad, but have had much multiplatform.

The "kiddie console" stigma and lack of DVD really hurt that platform. 

If NOA had been allowed to call the shots on the GameCube instead of the Japanese guys IMO it would have performed better. 

How so? Nintendo of America is just one of Nintendo's foreign localization and marketing firms. They do not develop or design any software or hardware.

Reggie and the boys at NOA know how to appreal to the 18-24 Call of Duty demographic in the west. Nintendo's Japanese heads have shown several times that they do not Iwata admitted this. NCL is the reason Nintendo's marketing/brand is so "kiddie" in the west. Also, Nintendo of America DID cultivate relationships with developers and make their own games at one point; Arakawa/Lincoln leaving didn't help that, and Iwata completly killed that. Microsoft also poached a lot of guys from NOA at the time. I can post a quote from NeoGAF if you want more proof. 

Yes that's true unfortunately. Oh well, Nintendo fans don't care about third party games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54