By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Publishers DO NOT CARE how much the WiiU sells

if 3rd parties released good games eg. Half life 3 or Fallout 4 they would sell, Watchdogs will not sell record amounts unless it's improved a lot, stuff like Murdered Soul suspect would not sell. Nintendo console owners buy good games that's it!

Around the Network
DolPhanTendo said:
BeElite said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Wow does anyone forget how a SMART business is run. Profits is what it is all about and when I see the PS4 double its hardware to the WiiU and turn around and only sell 20,000 more games then the WiiU that means Sony is barely profiting, if they even are. Nintendo almost matches software sells on a weekly basis and doesn't have to fork over the big bucks for the big developers, see where i'm going with this. Nintendo does gaming the RIGHT way sorry that being number one console sold isn't their top priority

did you forgot to factor in the fact that digital adoption is higher on PS4 then wiiu into your thinking ?  So sony get more profits as there is no retailer cut from all the digital sales.  

aka Vg showed 1.34m for Killzone at the time sony announced it passed 2.1m i sales.  

No i did not forget to factor that as well. Killzone and with digital is still behind Mario Kart's retail. Do you take encount WiiU 's digital as well?

Hahaha Nice

GC have sold bad, but have had much multiplatform.

Third parties do poorly on Nintendo consoles because they just shovel ports over, they don't use the technology, and they almost all aim for the very non-Nintendo CoD audience. Look at Assassin's creed for Wii U vs PS3. The Wii U version is complete garbage because they really put no effort into the Wii U version.

Never mind the fact that people are so obsessed with jerking off top "cinematic experiences" that they blow their load on high powered graphics, or the best the strongest console can do, and they neglect things like gameplay, which is one of the few level playing fields for the system.

Fusioncode said:

So I've been seeing a lot of comments lately about how the WiiU has been steadily outselling the XBO worldwide for the last few weeks. Some even think the WiiU will end up outselling it lifetime. For the sake of argument let's say the WiiU does end up beating XBO and takes 2nd place this gen. Will this fix the 3rd party situation for the WiiU? No. Because it does not matter. 3rd parties only care about one thing, how many people buy their games. We have enough data and hard evidence to show us that WiiU owners buy very few games that aren't exclusive to the platform. Despite how the XBO is selling people are still buying games from EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc. And that's ultimately all that matters. 

Even if the WiiU magically ends up second this gen it won't get anymore support than it currently has. Because people still won't be buying any games not published by Nintendo. If you need anymore proof of this then just look at the Wii. Excellent sales but nonexistant 3rd party support. 

This is a sort of Catch 22. Ubisoft burned its own bridges with WiiU owners with the whole Rayman debacle. Others have not actually released genuine new games on the system, just dated ports that were never going to sell anyway. To top it off, system owners of Nintendo will usually not buy third party unless its a genuinely good game which introduces even more pressure on developers as derivative garbage like W_D won't sell on HYPE and nothing more.

Moreover, many WiiU owners also own a fully functioning gaming PC... at which point they have even less reason to buy anything but Nintendo brand on their console unless its a game that really makes good use of the pad or cannot be played just as well with a 360 controller hooked into your computer.

Around the Network
drake_tolu said:

The "kiddie console" stigma and lack of DVD really hurt that platform. 

If NOA had been allowed to call the shots on the GameCube instead of the Japanese guys IMO it would have performed better. 

DolPhanTendo said:
BeElite said:
DolPhanTendo said:
Wow does anyone forget how a SMART business is run. Profits is what it is all about and when I see the PS4 double its hardware to the WiiU and turn around and only sell 20,000 more games then the WiiU that means Sony is barely profiting, if they even are. Nintendo almost matches software sells on a weekly basis and doesn't have to fork over the big bucks for the big developers, see where i'm going with this. Nintendo does gaming the RIGHT way sorry that being number one console sold isn't their top priority

did you forgot to factor in the fact that digital adoption is higher on PS4 then wiiu into your thinking ?  So sony get more profits as there is no retailer cut from all the digital sales.  

aka Vg showed 1.34m for Killzone at the time sony announced it passed 2.1m i sales.  

No i did not forget to factor that as well. Killzone and with digital is still behind Mario Kart's retail. Do you take encount WiiU 's digital as well?

And so what ? thats irrelevent, im showing you the large cut digital is getting on PS4 not championing but but one game sold really well..  

Seems you did, as i said digital is higher on PS4 and have show how large a cut PS4 are getting.  Im guessing you are basing everything of vgc numebrs which have show to way undertrack software overall.

Soundwave said:
drake_tolu said:

If NOA had been allowed to design the GameCube instead of the Japanese guys IMO it would have performed better. 

GC console for kiddie?

Lol, ok...

Correct. Publishers don't care how much Nintendo home console hardware sells.

And that's because Nintendo only gamers don't trust 3rd parties to maintain support and multiconsole owners don't trust Nintendo to placate 3rd parties enough to bolster support.

It's a cycle. Chicken and the egg and all that. And it's way too late for it to change....ever, unless something extremely drastic or radical happens to both Sony and MS.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

drake_tolu said:
Soundwave said:
drake_tolu said:

If NOA had been allowed to design the GameCube instead of the Japanese guys IMO it would have performed better. 

GC console for kiddie?

Lol, ok...

It was a stigma that definitely hounded the console, you're kidding yourself if you think it wasn't an issue. 

Give the system a more neutral design, axe the Fisher price looking buttons on the controller, swap out Wind Waker for Twilight Princess and add the ability to play DVDs (even through an add-on), don't abandon the FPS market (bad, bad move Nintendo) ... and you probably sell at least as much as the N64. 

How many adults do you know if given a choice would choose a purple or toy-like looking DVD/Blu-Ray player over a regular styled one?