By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Publishers DO NOT CARE how much the WiiU sells

Publishers care because if there is money to be made they will jump on it. Plain and simple.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

I think most people get nintendo systems,just for nintendo games.

Wii U do not need muliplatform games, it needs 3rd party exclusives.

Well, to be honest, as a Wii U owner, I don't even really WANT any of EA, Activision, and Ubisoft's multi-platform titles. And I'm saying that without owning any competing consoles, or playing any AAA releases on my PC.

I know I'm not helping Nintendo all that much with their 3rd party issues by adopting such a stance, but these publishers really should publish better games, or at the very least games that appeal to the audience.

It doesn't even have to be rainbow-colored games about kittens saving the Ice Cream Kingdom. But they have to be very good games, that take interesting sources of inspiration for visuals and audio.

t3mporary_126 said:
DevilRising said:

I meant games like Disney Infinity, COD, Skylanders, and Just Dance. Not Nights, Monster Hunter, Zack and Wiki, and etc. And the Wii was dumped with Ninja Bread Men quality games too, which Wii U has less.

True, though in all fairness, dating all the way back to the Atari 2600, EVERY top selling console gets the lion's share of shovelware. NES did, PS1 did, even PS2 did. In fact, crap like NBM started as PS2 games, and were just cheaply ported over. Making it somehow even worse, lol. Kind of like how Midway was so lazy they couldn't even make a new actual Cruis'n game. They just ported a shitty "Fast and Furious" arcade game to Wii, and remaned it. Shitty part was, I would have been totally fine with a game with sub-par graphics, and the same basic "Cruis'n" gameplay. I liked the Cruis'n games. But it pissed me off that they couldn't even put in the effort to make a real game, they had to rename a shitty arcade port.

Around the Network

Not even if the WiiU sells 500 million LT?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Part of the reason that 3rd parties do not sell on the Wii/Wii U is that 3rd parties always give the worst versions of games or bad games in general(also late games). Cant fault the audience for not wanting to eat the turds thrown at them. Just think about it with exception of Need For Speed(late) and Deus Ex(really late not of the publishers fault), every 3rd party offering has either had missing content, or ran worse than their 360/PS3 counterpart.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

the thing is that 3rd parties lack creativeness on the matter, they are too lazy to find ways to make the games appealing through the WiiU controller, and they hide the WiiU versions for that reason and sellers definitely help consumers to underestimate

Wii 3rd party support now seems ''ok'' compared to the WiiU :/

it can definitely get better if WiiU sales increase,but Wii support level as a cap

and it won't be that magical anymore if it beats XboxONE!! :)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^