By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs Xbox One: Race to second place

Who will win in the end?

Wii U 425 70.60%

Xbox One 172 28.57%

Total:597
tak13 said:
ICStats said:

Why should I be careful?  It's not a news article, it's an opinion.  Everything is an estimate.  You don't have to agree.

What you keep ignoring is that Nintendo is not the only company that can boost it's baseline with games.  MS has games coming, 1st and 3rd party.  Plus I am conscious to MS' ability to spend mega bucks for marketing, buy exclusivity, and agressive price competition.

The reason why I think XB1 will go on to sell double is because I think Wii U has a high chance of running out of steam early.  Historically speaking, consoles that are selling badly don't have long legs, and Wii U is not only selling badly but has the lowest amount of developer support of a console in 2 decades.

yeah i disagree ,i said you,that ps4 canibalizing xbone third party and halo isnt so popular in europe...however in your quote you put it better ;)your certainty drove me crazy not your opinion:P(and the double lifetime for xbone):P

That's fine, you don't have to like it.  You don't accept that Wii U is selling worse than GC, and remains in a worse selling position than GC.

For my estimate to be right, Wii U will sell between 15~20M and XB1 between 30~40M.

And I say this as a PS4 & Wii U owner; right now XB1 is the console I least care about.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
ICStats said:
tak13 said:
ICStats said:

Why should I be careful?  It's not a news article, it's an opinion.  Everything is an estimate.  You don't have to agree.

What you keep ignoring is that Nintendo is not the only company that can boost it's baseline with games.  MS has games coming, 1st and 3rd party.  Plus I am conscious to MS' ability to spend mega bucks for marketing, buy exclusivity, and agressive price competition.

The reason why I think XB1 will go on to sell double is because I think Wii U has a high chance of running out of steam early.  Historically speaking, consoles that are selling badly don't have long legs, and Wii U is not only selling badly but has the lowest amount of developer support of a console in 2 decades.

yeah i disagree ,i said you,that ps4 canibalizing xbone third party and halo isnt so popular in europe...however in your quote you put it better ;)your certainty drove me crazy not your opinion:P(and the double lifetime for xbone):P

That's fine, you don't have to like it.  You don't accept that Wii U is selling worse than GC, and remains in a worse selling position than GC.

For my estimate to be right, Wii U will sell between 15~20M and XB1 between 30~40M.

And I say this as a PS4 & Wii U owner; right now XB1 is the console I least care about.

hahhaahhahahah  20M please i dont accept below this:Pi misunderstood your xbone double life time claiming,because i m seeing wii u 35-36M :P 30-40xbone?here we i agree,here is mine 34-36!i m  optimistic dear,i have said it uncountable times,i dont care for alignments, i dont take them into account;)wii was smashing ps2, did manage to outsell it?wii u suffer from a slow start in my opinion,it could suddenly outsell gc...and now fits, because you mentioned gc domination ,gc had a price cut in the same period (it also had smas bros).A

question to you,when wii u will have its price drop and how this will affect sales...? you re a ps4 and wii u owner,it means something positive about wii u ;)(you understand what i am implying)

While Smash Bros WiiU will most likely improve upon the WiiU's baseline even further, I still think the X1 will end up in 2nd place thanks to Halo ( Halo 5 WON'T be released for the PC!) and thanks to very aggresive marketing in America!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's a tough call. The new Smash Bros has been heavily advertised by Nintendo and is winning the hearts of alot of gamers, while Halo: Master Chief Collection is grasping people on huge nostalgia of a game that I believe revolutionized FPS online gaming on consoles.. as well as remake of the best Halo game determined by hardcore fans, Halo 2.

tak13 said:

question to you,when wii u will have its price drop and how this will affect sales...? you re a ps4 and wii u owner,it means something positive about wii u ;)(you understand what i am implying)

Yeah, I like the Wii U.  However I also owned N64, GC & Dreamcast.  People like me owning and enjoying a console are not a good indicator of wide commercial success.

Wii U price drop... I expect something like $50 price drop next year, not this year.  Nintendo is struggling to make sufficient profit to cover operating costs so that's why I don't think it will be this year, and I don't think it will be big because Wii U doesn't have economy of scale.  The effect on sales will be positive, but already accounted for in my estimate.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
AZWification said:

While Smash Bros WiiU will most likely improve upon the WiiU's baseline even further, I still think the X1 will end up in 2nd place thanks to Halo ( Halo 5 WON'T be released for the PC!) and thanks to very aggresive marketing in America!

Yep and it's already claimed it's first victim

Heh.. That actually made me chuckle a bit!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I do say Wii-U just because i will get one next years, but no XboxOne in horizon, and i think Wii-U make a better second console for ps4 owned or XboxOne owner.

Sorry, but I feel like everyone is being extremely short sighted.

1.The Wii U's biggest software release in 16months has afforded it a momentary 7k advantage and suddenly they expect it to outsell Xbox longterm?

2. Cross gen 3rd party ≠ Next Gen exclusive 3rd party

Firstly people are not taking into account that they are comparing a system that have accumulated 1 and half years of momentum, some of its biggest franchises, to a system which has only had 6months and NONE of its big hitters. Even given that predicament there is about 7k seperating the 2 on a weekly basis, something that will be mostly diminished somewhat when XO is released WW, let alone when it receives next gen system sellers which will benefit both it and PS4... So it shocks me that people think the wii U will hold this advantage when Halo, Gears, Next Gen only AC, Witcher 3, Batman, Mass Effect, Starwars etc come to the Xbox.

Before anyone says that it hasnt helped XO so far, you cannot use the cross gen 3rd party releases to discern this. Since when were cross gen releases ever expected to sell tons of next gen hardware?... As a whole cross gen releases have had very little effect on hardware sales, both for the Xbox One and PS4. At most they've simply maintained them above the horrible levels Wii U fell to. The only cross gen release to have a significant effect was Watchdogs (58% increase for PS4, 27% XO)... MGS appeared to be resposible for a big PS4 bump but it was in the same week as the Infamous PS4 bundle release so thats the more likely cause.

In Short

Xbox's slum >>>>> Wii U slum
Xbox's Peak >>>>> Wii U peak. (based on foreseable releases and past sales)
Wii U's peak baseline = Xbox Slum baseline... (sales difference is currently insignificant)

Don't know. If Nintendo delivered more 1st party AAA titles and focus more on 3rd party support, with some unique features, it could be a battle to the end. We will see.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nintentacle said:
Whoever wins depends on how Xbox One does in Japan. Nearly the entire gap is because of Japan!

Well the Wii u is surely winning then. I highly doubt the xbox one will do over 1.5 million Lt in Japan.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P