By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U vs Xbox One: Race to second place

Who will win in the end?

Wii U 425 70.60%

Xbox One 172 28.57%

Total:597
Nintentacle said:

I don't understand the 3rd party part, it has barely helped Xbox One at all. Wii U is remaning at the same baseline and Xbox One is still dropping.

It helped out last fall, and it helped out this past spring.  The Wii U is just now outselling the X1, and a big reason for that is because there has been a drought of big 3rd party games during the summer, and also because the Wii U's biggest exclusive just released (and even then it is just barley beating the X1 on a weekly basis, 5k a week is not a big gap).  

Just wait until CoD and Halo releases for Xbox and then we can have a proper discussion on how well the console will do.

Around the Network

ehh Wii U might hold 2nd for the rest of the year but no way will it stay in 2nd in 2015. Wii U is destined to be 3rd if it can barely outsell the Xbox One when it just got Nintendo's biggest IP and is released WW.

Its really a toss up at this point lol. So I will just flip a coin and whoever gets heads will win.

XB1 will.

With new games XB1 will continue the trend of outselling the Wii U by around 35% on average as it has Year-to-date. This will let XB1 slowly catch and pass Wii U within the next year.

Then by mid-2016 (give or take) Wii U sales will drop to a trickle, allowing XB1 to grow it's lead and eventually sell double Wii U lifetime.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
XB1 will.

With new games XB1 will continue the trend of outselling the Wii U by around 35% on average as it has Year-to-date. This will let XB1 slowly catch and pass Wii U within the next year.

Then by mid-2016 (give or take) Wii U sales will drop to a trickle, allowing XB1 to grow it's lead and eventually sell double Wii U lifetime.

so sure are you a medium? you should be cautious ,you and some others have to use words like: might likely etc, words that express uncertainty,you re making estimates!double...?how?xbone 3party dont mean anything because of ps4 and halo isnt so popular in europe...!i can accept xbone win against wii u,but not double lifetime!guys wii u hasnt got a price drop like xbone,why do you keep ignoring this?

Around the Network
iceland said:
ehh Wii U might hold 2nd for the rest of the year but no way will it stay in 2nd in 2015. Wii U is destined to be 3rd if it can barely outsell the Xbox One when it just got Nintendo's biggest IP and is released WW.

mario kart 8 vs xbone  100 $ price drop...keep you and others forgetting this....!wii u hasnt got a price cut...!

tak13 said:
iceland said:

mario kart 8 vs xbone  100 $ price drop...keep you and others forgetting this....!wii u hasnt got a price cut...!

$400 is still a lot of money.  Most people I know still use their 360s.  Sure it will change come this fall and next fall.

tak13 said:
ICStats said:
XB1 will.

so sure are you a medium? you should be cautious ,you and some others have to use words like: might likely etc, words that express uncertainty,you re making estimates!double...?how?xbone 3party dont mean anything because of ps4 and halo isnt so popular in europe...!i can accept xbone win against wii u,but not double lifetime!guys wii u hasnt got a price drop like xbone,why do you keep ignoring this?

Why should I be careful?  It's not a news article, it's an opinion.  Everything is an estimate.  You don't have to agree.

What you keep ignoring is that Nintendo is not the only company that can boost it's baseline with games.  MS has games coming, 1st and 3rd party.  Plus I am conscious to MS' ability to spend mega bucks for marketing, buy exclusivity, and agressive price competition.

The reason why I think XB1 will go on to sell double is because I think Wii U has a high chance of running out of steam early.  Historically speaking, consoles that are selling badly don't have long legs, and Wii U is not only selling badly but has the lowest amount of developer support of a console in 2 decades.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
tak13 said:
ICStats said:
XB1 will.

Why should I be careful?  It's not a news article, it's an opinion.  Everything is an estimate.  You don't have to agree.

What you keep ignoring is that Nintendo is not the only company that can boost it's baseline with games.  MS has games coming, 1st and 3rd party.  Plus I am conscious to MS' ability to spend mega bucks for marketing, buy exclusivity, and agressive price competition.

The reason why I think XB1 will go on to sell double is because I think Wii U has a high chance of running out of steam early.  Historically speaking, consoles that are selling badly don't have long legs, and Wii U is not only selling badly but has the lowest amount of developer support of a console in 2 decades.

yeah i disagree ,i said you,that ps4 canibalizing xbone third party and halo isnt so popular in europe...however in your quote you put it better ;)your certainty drove me crazy not your opinion:P(and the double lifetime for xbone):P

68% voted Wii-U so far? A lot of people are in for a wake up call this year then, starting September.