By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - "Back In My Day" Thread

How much thought do you think was put into this thread?

A lot 16 21.92%

Enough 10 13.70%

Little 12 16.44%

None 22 30.14%

See results 7 9.59%

Total:67

Here, we basically say something like "Back in my day, _______! Now you __________!" I'll start.

Back in my day, Grandma had to actually get run over by a Reindeer if we wanted to see the movie! Now you have all your TV's and PC's to entertain yourselves!

Edit: Everyone should vote "Little". I put SOME thought into the back in my day quote!

Around the Network

Back in my day, we had to run over a reindeer if we wanted fast food, nowadays you have your McDonalds and your Burger Kings.

LemonSlice said:

Back in my day, we had to run over a reindeer if we wanted fast food, nowadays you have your McDonalds and your Burger Kings.

Image when the new generation is old...

"Back in my day, we needed to drive all the way to McDolnads if we wanted fast food! Now you can teleport there!"

back in the day i use my hand! now i can have sex!!!!

the-pi-guy said:
^In that spirit.
Back in my day, if you wanted a game console, you went to the store. Now, you can just download the blueprints and have your 3D printer make you a console.

Then it all changes one generation later:

"Back in my day, we had to order the consoles online!"

Around the Network

Back in my day, we used to destroy our hands while playing Mario Party, now every gamepad has sticks as soft as sponges. Wait... now that I think about it, that change was for the better.

So yeah, thanks Nintendo!

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Zisbest said:

Back in my day, we used to destroy our hands while playing Mario Party, now every gamepad has sticks as soft as sponges. Wait... now that I think about it, that change was for the better.

So yeah, thanks Nintendo!

All these changes are for the better so far!

back in my day game controllers didn brake even when you throw them against the wall. now they come broken in the box.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
back in my day game controllers didn brake even when you throw them against the wall. now they come broken in the box.

Back in my day, Cartoon Network had great shows, now it's all shit.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash