By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to PS4 and XBOX ONE

Last gen 2.0

This game is great btw.

Around the Network

So there have been how many defenitive editions of last gen games ported to the Xbox one and ps4?

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I actually think this game game is crap but most of the complainers simply have nothing else to talk about, complaining about remasters. Last Gen the GC and the Xbox were dropped fair after the predecessors, while the PS2 continued well into the PS3, and if you can recall many PS2 games were also on PS3. Babies just whine when they're board.

Ports before were better.  Rayman 2 was a game I loved on my PS One and when I played Rayman Revolution on PS2 it was 75% Rayman 2 with better graphics and lot of added content. they created an amazing hub world and minigames aswell..  

Sleeping dogs is a game that was giving away with PS plus and GWG and you can find now around 15€/$.   Now you can buy the same game on PS4 with better graphics for 65$/€...   Sure it has DLC included but half of it is not worth (or you must be so into new costumes)...  I am not hating it because gamers should know if they think it is worth it or not but I will for sure not praise Square for it.  

If you ask me Metro Redux is worth it and deserve some praise. You get two games with all DLC (and one game is more new than Sleeping dogs) for 39$/€.   It is not cheap but certainly it is fair....  and every gamer caring so much about devs who care about them should think about a purchase...

I love this game. Assuming that there is never a sequel and this game comes up free on GWG I will totally jump in again.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

One of the best sandbox games from last gen........ i'll happily play through this again.

Around the Network

I wonder how many people work on remasters/remakes right now. Just imagine they would all work on new games instead^^

GamechaserBE said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I actually think this game game is crap but most of the complainers simply have nothing else to talk about, complaining about remasters. Last Gen the GC and the Xbox were dropped fair after the predecessors, while the PS2 continued well into the PS3, and if you can recall many PS2 games were also on PS3. Babies just whine when they're board.

Ports before were better.  Rayman 2 was a game I loved on my PS One and when I played Rayman Revolution on PS2 it was 75% Rayman 2 with better graphics and lot of added content. they created an amazing hub world and minigames aswell..  

Sleeping dogs is a game that was giving away with PS plus and GWG and you can find now around 15€/$.   Now you can buy the same game on PS4 with better graphics for 65$/€...   Sure it has DLC included but half of it is not worth (or you must be so into new costumes)...  I am not hating it because gamers should know if they think it is worth it or not but I will for sure not praise Square for it.  

If you ask me Metro Redux is worth it and deserve some praise. You get two games with all DLC (and one game is more new than Sleeping dogs) for 39$/€.   It is not cheap but certainly it is fair....  and every gamer caring so much about devs who care about them should think about a purchase...

Exactly, its a case by case basis. Gamer's have the really bad habit of happening upon one case they don't like and generalizing the whole category, at the very least they did it in reverse, i.e a good port makes them give ports the benefit of the doubt, it would be better for the industry.

Same thing with Indies, same thing with Microtransactions, same thing with DLC, etc...

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Come on!!!... I don't mind a remaster here and there but this is going too far, this game was even given FOR FREE to PS+ subscribers on May 2013 and for Xbox Live on Dec 2013.

Suke said:
I hope Dark Souls 2 is next, I heard there were a next gen version spotted in a retail listing. I never got the chance to play it.

I wonder if they'd do that with Bloodborne...

I already played the definitive version, on PC.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.