By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to PS4 and XBOX ONE

flagstaad said:
Come on!!!... I don't mind a remaster here and there but this is going too far, this game was even given FOR FREE to PS+ subscribers on May 2013 and for Xbox Live on Dec 2013.

For christ sakes im sick of this mentality, if you dont want it dont bloody buy it. 

This game is obviuosly not targeted at you. Its targeted at people who didnt play it last gen or want a better copy with all the DLC.

Around the Network
m0ney said:
I already played the definitive version, on PC.

No, this is the real definitive edition with all the dlc, and... stuff.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

yum123 said:

For christ sakes im sick of this mentality, if you dont want it dont bloody buy it. 

This game is obviuosly not targeted at you. Its targeted at people who didnt play it last gen or want a better copy with all the DLC.

And I am tired of people trying to justify every upscaled port they produce, lets just remake all the games from last gen and not produce new ones, think about all the people that didn't play those games last gen, think about the children!!!

flagstaad said:
yum123 said:

And I am tired of people trying to justify every upscaled port they produce, lets just remake all the games from last gen and not produce new ones, think about all the people that didn't play those games last gen, think about the children!!!

were not trying to justify it. Why should a product that affects you in know way not be created and made available for people who want it just because people like you dont. grow up mate. 

yum123 said:

were not trying to justify it. Why should a product that affects you in know way not be created and made available for people who want it just because people like you dont. grow up mate.

But IT IS affecting us, that you don't see it is different, just look at the bigger picture. There are resources used for this project that instead could be founding the next installment of the franchise or another IP, it benefits companies that take no risk at all sending the message that we just want not only more sequels with little change, but the exact same game in a higher resolution, it creates a lazy development/publisher culture of releasing 2 year old games with no real modifications, specially if it makes good sales.

There is no reason why this game should exist, it was already multiplatform (including PC) so you cannot play the TLoU card on this one, it sold almost 2 million copies, it was given "for FREE" for 2 platforms, and it released less than 2 years ago.

Around the Network

WOW!! this game is already getting a good amount of fuss! Waiting for a thread with people complaining about people complaining

We reap what we sow

flagstaad said:
yum123 said:

But IT IS affecting us, that you don't see it is different, just look at the bigger picture. There are resources used for this project that instead could be founding the next installment of the franchise or another IP, it benefits companies that take no risk at all sending the message that we just want not only more sequels with little change, but the exact same game in a higher resolution, it creates a lazy development/publisher culture of releasing 2 year old games with no real modifications, specially if it makes good sales.

There is no reason why this game should exist, it was already multiplatform (including PC) so you cannot play the TLoU card on this one, it sold almost 2 million copies, it was given "for FREE" for 2 platforms, and it released less than 2 years ago.

well dur the resources arguement is seemingly the ONLY negative thing about remasters but then when you hear that Kingdom hearts 1.5 HD only took 3 people to do it over a year it rules out that arguement meaning it just allows more games to be played on PS4, especially for those who havnt played it yet.

Which brings me back to my original point. dont buy it if you dont like it. they will keep happening because there clearly worth it to lots of people. common sense really

Yes!! More old games, keep em' coming!!!

all these remasters/definitive editions are getting a little bit ridiculous -_-

i will buy this again. good game.