By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Coming to PS4 and XBOX ONE

Thespiralmatrix said:
I enjoy HD remakes of classic games. Ducktales, Mickey, wind waker etc but all the mediocre games need to stop or drop the prices to $29.99 or below.

Just buy them after price cuts.

Ducktales wasn't worth $15 to me so I bought it when it was $5.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

No PC, no buy.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

BMaker11 said:

Where is the unprecedented backlash for this game? It's "not needed" and is a "cash grab", right? Why is Square remaking a game that we've "barely had time to forget"?

Oh...you didn't play it last gen, so now you have a chance to get it plus extra content? Or you played it on the last gen console and you would recommend it for people who haven't played it yet? That sounds extremely reasonable.

Strange how the reactions are quite the opposite of another particular game that just released in the same fashion as this Sleeping Dogs version will......

This is about the third of these posts I have seen from you in the last few days. Please stop and keep on topic.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This is getting beyond pathetic.

Great. Sleeping Dogs looked just gorgeous on PC. Deserves to get the next gen treatment.

Now where is my god damn sequel?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Pass. Played it already. Dirt cheap on last gen consoles.

Another cash grab, but its Square Enix so no doubt there will be a FF13 collection for ps4/xbone one day. (I know Japan got one on PS3/360).

Would rather they put more effort into the sequel.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:
Pass. Played it already. Dirt cheap on last gen consoles.

Another cash grab, but its Square Enix so no doubt there will be a FF13 collection for ps4/xbone one day. (I know Japan got one on PS3/360).

Would rather they put more effort into the sequel.

Please don't get my hopes up for no reason.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

starcraft said:
BMaker11 said:

Where is the unprecedented backlash for this game? It's "not needed" and is a "cash grab", right? Why is Square remaking a game that we've "barely had time to forget"?

Oh...you didn't play it last gen, so now you have a chance to get it plus extra content? Or you played it on the last gen console and you would recommend it for people who haven't played it yet? That sounds extremely reasonable.

Strange how the reactions are quite the opposite of another particular game that just released in the same fashion as this Sleeping Dogs version will......

This is about the third of these posts I have seen from you in the last few days. Please stop and keep on topic.

lol wut? What other remasters have been announced that I've posted on asking where the backlash was, comparative to how much hate TLOU got? The last one announced was Resident Evil HD and I didn't even make a comment for discussion (in the thread the was posted about the announcement). Just made a joke about a typo (spongebob smiling, suspiciously, because the guy I replied to said "Capcom just loves dong" [instead of doing]).

I can only think of my post in that Angry Joe review....about TLOU in which my response was answering a statement someone made about "not getting the outrage".

You've got me confused with someone else.

BMaker11 said:
starcraft said:
BMaker11 said:

lol wut? What other remasters have been announced that I've posted on asking where the backlash was, comparative to how much hate TLOU got? The last one announced was Resident Evil HD and I didn't even make a comment for discussion (in the thread the was posted about the announcement). Just made a joke about a typo (spongebob smiling, suspiciously, because the guy I replied to said "Capcom just loves dong" [instead of doing]).

I can only think of my post in that Angry Joe review....about TLOU in which my response was answering a statement someone made about "not getting the outrage".

You've got me confused with someone else.

I was referring to the not-at-all subtle trolling of Xbox users...I just reviewed your posting history to ensure I am not, in fact, confused.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

I was referring to the not-at-all subtle trolling of Xbox users...I just reviewed your posting history to ensure I am not, in fact, confused.

Facts =/= trolling (Xbox fans making a big deal out of multiplat differences last gen, but this gen, when the differences are larger and not in their favor, the differences all of a sudden don't matter, for example)

And it's not an attempt to be "subtle" when in my last couple of posts, that, I guess, "troll" Xbox users...I openly state "Xbox fans", "Xbox", or "Microsoft", meaning that I am addressing them directly. And only 2/7 of my posts in the last day have been about MS/Xbox. My last post before those 7 was 5 days ago (so I dunno what you're talking about from "the last few days"). The first post was what I put in parentheses above. Is stating something that obvious, "trolling"? And the second post was a reasonable explanation for why Sunset Overdrive is MS exclusive. That's "trolling" now, too? Maybe you may also be referring to my post in the Angry Joe review thread....where I said the hate for TLOU:R was semantic ("Remastered" vs. "GOTY") and I was addressing "I don't get the outrage" regarding "haters" of the game.

If that last thing, and my post in this thread asking about where the backlash for Sleeping Dogs: Definitive version is compared to the hate TLOU got (coupled with facts) makes you think "BMaker11 is trolling Xbox users"....well, what does that say about who's hating or approving certain games and for what reasons? If the majority of them are Xbox fans, that's not my fault. But I didn't address it as Xbox fans vs. PS fans vs. Ninty fans. Because it wasn't just Xbox fans who complained about TLOU:R. Ninty and PS fans alike hated on TLOU:R, but 95% of this Sleeping Dogs thread is singing praises for this re-release.