By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Joe The Last Of Us Remastered Review 10/10 "Well crafted masterpiece"

AZWification said:
JudasKiss said:

I don't see Angry Joe on Metacritic or Gamerankings. It's like saying Pewdiepie is reliable. 

Yes, because Metacritic only covers credible reviewers, right? :-/

Like Quarter to Three, right?

Around the Network

Waoo, better than GTA 5, he gave that game a 9/10. Anyway, I saw him on twitch playing the game.

Mr_No said:

Exactly, just like Quarter to Three! Metacritic is so damn reliable, isn't it?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Mr_No said:

Exactly, just like Quarter to Three! Metacritic is so damn reliable, isn't it?

You know it. Also, I'd like to say that even if Joe is only a Youtuber, he's way more reliable and unbiased in nearly every review of his. Of course he isn't perfect. But he always brings up the good points and the flaws from games. He doesn't need to be in Metacritic to make him as reliable as the bunch.

Mr_No said:

You know it. Also, I'd like to say that even if Joe is only a Youtuber, he's way more reliable and unbiased in nearly every review of his. Of course he isn't perfect. But he always brings up the good points and the flaws from games. He doesn't need to be in Metacritic to make him as reliable as the bunch.

I agree! His Titanfall review is proof of just how unbiased he's compared to all those IGNorant reviewers!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
overman1 said:
random15 said:

Let the hate begin.
Also in before: ''Who is he?''

The Salty of US:Resalted GO2G

You could get banned for that or moderated...

Yea because God forbid someone gets called out on an idiotic statement.

Zekkyou said:

10:35 in the video is fucking gold xD

Joe's reviews are always great. I don't always agree with him, but when i watch one of his videos i know i'm going to be getting his honest opinion, not something influence by crap like brand loyalty.

Well, to be honest... Angry Joe used to review nothing more but X360 games with the occasional PC game on the side.

Richard_Feynman said:
HBninjaX said:
I'm a bit skeptical. I put down Uncharted 2 after a couple hours and everyone was crowing about how awesome that game was

I hear you man. Uncharted wasn't a very good series to me. Glorious (and varied!) visuals aside, the exploration was crap. The gunplay was oh-so-tedious... Wave after wave of identical goons - oh wait! Here comes a guy in armour, I hope I have a grenade left! And the story gets praised as if it's some miracle, but it's too in-your-face to me - not subtle enough.

I understand why someone wouldn't like it. Gameplay wise it just wasn't very good. Gears of War shat on it gameplay wise. When I was nearing the end of Uncharted 3 (for reference, I played all 3), I just wanted the damn thing to end. Even worse, all three games used the same story model and the extreme twists and turns were off-putting to say the least.

That said, I still enjoyed the series, and would still rate Uncarted 1/2/3 with scores of 8/8/7.

All in all, I feel ND are slightly overrated. If those were 3rd party games then they wouldn't nearly have as much of a following.

Nevertheless, I'm going to get TLOU on PS4 (haven't played it yet!) and play it with an open mind. Too many people have said good things about it. I think, with expectations and hype kept in check, it might just be worth the money.

My 10 cents :)

You do realize Uncharted is pretty much an homage to action movies the like of indiana jones and such? It has to be in your face, it's an action adventure, not a suspense, crime mystery. The game was also meant to be linear, for the story's sake, it was never showcased as a explorative single player.

I do think it is best to judge for yourself though, play through all of it and then you can really give your opinion on it, good or bad. I think most people don't mind if a gamer doesn't like a game once they have played it all the way through but trashing a game without so much as playing it is just a diservice. It rubs anyone the wrong way.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

JudasKiss said:
I love the game, but using YouTube personalities as legit reviews? No. Just...no.

Actually, he's just a real gamer. He plays all his games, thoroughly, and doesn't bullshit it. It's the opinion and critic of a fellow gamer, who has no affilition to a website or company, how is that a bad thing?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I'm glad he reviewed TLOU: R since he is the type of customer the remaster targets: people who never had the opportunity to play the TLOU (PS3 version).