By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Joe The Last Of Us Remastered Review 10/10 "Well crafted masterpiece"

Fair enough. i have been playing the game. i am in the sewers where you have to look after the black guys son. The game so far is fun as the story telling
i what makes it fun to play. However for me . my main drawback is the AI. they are smart but not consistent. there are alot of moments where the ai behaves stupidly to a point that you can exploit to your heart content lol and then for me the graphics for the remastered is disappointing as i was looking for a jump similar to Tomb raider definitive edition.. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece , however i would give it a 9/10. Listening to ellie talk to herself is quite hilarious :). PS on hard difficulty the game is very easy. Just have to be carerful when you have clickers in the area.

Also to angry jeo saying insane value, i would have to disagree when its just dlc and a single player campaign . hardly insane value. I would say the upcoming halo master chief collection is insane value worth every cent lol. 

Around the Network
dane007 said:
Fair enough. i have been playing the game. i am in the sewers where you have to look after the black guys son. The game so far is fun as the story telling
i what makes it fun to play. However for me . my main drawback is the AI. they are smart but not consistent. there are alot of moments where the ai behaves stupidly to a point that you can exploit to your heart content lol and then for me the graphics for the remastered is disappointing as i was looking for a jump similar to Tomb raider definitive edition.. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece , however i would give it a 9/10. Listening to ellie talk to herself is quite hilarious :). PS on hard difficulty the game is very easy. Just have to be carerful when you have clickers in the area.

It is a masterpiece you are nowhere yet..it gets better and better as you progress, winter is amazing. You're not even half way.

ElasticLegs said:
dane007 said:

It is a masterpiece you are nowhere yet..it gets better and better as you progress, winter is amazing. You're not even half way.

To you maybe but for me nope. For me to be a materpiece it has to be without any flaws which tlou has . For me there no game that is masterpiece as no gam eis that perfect. Lol thats good to know i have still alot to do . i have only being playing it when i have time off from work.  Sweet i can't wait for winter yet. I have to admit ellie si a cool chick . However the game needs to be more challenging . way to easy. Does playing oon gorunded make the game challenging?

I was surprised Joe gave it a 10, although it is very deserving.

Areym said:
JudasKiss said:
I love the game, but using YouTube personalities as legit reviews? No. Just...no.

Actually, he's just a real gamer. He plays all his games, thoroughly, and doesn't bullshit it. It's the opinion and critic of a fellow gamer, who has no affilition to a website or company, how is that a bad thing?

Exactly. It's the best type of review you can ask for.

I want to see this game win a huge amount of GOTY awards again. Just for the lulz.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
dane007 said:
ElasticLegs said:
dane007 said:

To you maybe but for me nope. For me to be a materpiece it has to be without any flaws which tlou has . For me there no game that is masterpiece as no gam eis that perfect. Lol thats good to know i have still alot to do . i have only being playing it when i have time off from work.  Sweet i can't wait for winter yet. I have to admit ellie si a cool chick . However the game needs to be more challenging . way to easy. Does playing oon gorunded make the game challenging?

grounded is the most deliciously frustrating thing ever. not checkpoints and you get like 10 bullets per section of the game. So, if you want to play grounded you have to be extremely careful with ammo even way more than usual. the enemies are way more tougher too so expect to die alot.

dane007 said:
ElasticLegs said:
dane007 said:

To most..it is a masterpiece it's place in history is sewcure.

Plays game on normal complains it's too easy..lol. Turn off hearing mode, put it on survivor....Also MP is a thing and its fantastic, It has tonnes of value. The game is brutal and tense on harder modes, amazing game, perfect pacing story, melle is tense and satisfying. Dont complain about difficulty and not be playing on harder modes. They are there for a reason.

Perfect has nothing to do with a game being a masterpiece, this game is a one of a kind genre defining experience. The writing and characters put every other game to shame, and it's tense survival combat and melee and exploration is amazing. Masterpiece means instant classic, one of the very best gaming has to offer, which this easily is.

DerNebel said:
Joe usually scores pretty harsh, does anyone know what else got a 10 from him? I think RDR was one.

Mmmm RDR.  Favorite game of 7th gen, tied with Xenoblade.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

No surprise, that game is a friggin masterpiece. Easily one of the best game ever.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

BadFungus said:
dane007 said:
ElasticLegs said:
dane007 said:

To most..it is a masterpiece it's place in history is sewcure.

Plays game on normal complains it's too easy..lol. Turn off hearing mode, put it on survivor....Also MP is a thing and its fantastic, It has tonnes of value. The game is brutal and tense on harder modes, amazing game, perfect pacing story, melle is tense and satisfying. Dont complain about difficulty and not be playing on harder modes. They are there for a reason.

Perfect has nothing to do with a game being a masterpiece, this game is a one of a kind genre defining experience. The writing and characters put every other game to shame, and it's tense survival combat and melee and exploration is amazing. Masterpiece means instant classic, one of the very best gaming has to offer, which this easily is.

I am playing it on survivor difficulty  and it is still easy there. i aven't play grounded  ,, but will do after i finish the first play through . The Ai is smart but not consistent. you can exploit the ai stupidity for most of the game which makes it easy. the only time that you have to be careful is when the area is full of clickers . ifor m e i don't go gun blazing so most of the time teh comabt is quiet and not tense. all i do is strangle one, throw a brick so the other enemies hears the noise and discovers the dead body, strangle him , then create noise so the next person discovers two dead bodies and repeat till all enemies are dead lol.  The melee in the game is quite basic. you end doing the same moves throughout the game. theres  very little variety to the melee combat. Exploration in TLOU is like any game that allows you to explore. heck teh world in tomb raider has more to exploire then TLOU lol. The one that makes TLOU standout from the competition is its story which is good but far from masterpiece story . for me the game is 9/10 which is pretty damn good sscore right?