By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Joe The Last Of Us Remastered Review 10/10 "Well crafted masterpiece"

Richard_Feynman said:

In my opinion, you are blindly defending the game here - and you actually believe you have a point. But I disagree.

"It has to be in your face"

Nathan Drake does not need to hang (impossibly) by his fingerprints so often. It doesn't need to be in your face. Crafting an in-your-face game is easier than making a game with subtleties and intrigue. Someone may say, "Oh, but the game was meant to be like that", but that doesn't make it better - it's just an excuse.

"The game was also meant to be linear, for the story's sake, it was never showcased as a explorative single player."

This is nonsense. Tomb Raider isn't linear. There is no reason for it to have been so linear except for the technical challenges that it circumvents.

"I do think it is best to judge for yourself though, play through all of it and then you can really give your opinion on it, good or bad. I think most people don't mind if a gamer doesn't like a game once they have played it all the way through but trashing a game without so much as playing it is just a diservice. It rubs anyone the wrong way."

I finished Uncharted 1 twice (including crushing). I finished Uncharted 2 twice (including crushing). I finished Uncharted 3 once. I have full right to have the opinion that the series is overrated. Furthermore, when I say the exploration is boring and the gunplay isn't as good as (for instance) RDR and Gears, then I say it with full confidence that I am right. This becomes ever more apparant the more you play the game.

Again, Uncharted is an overrated series imo. This is mostly down to the average gameplay  mechanics. 

I agree with about everything you said, in this post and previous ones about UC. I think the controls got better in UC2, because they were pretty bad in UC1 at times.

I find it a lot more worthwhile and fun to explore in Tomb Raider (2013) than in any of the two UC games I've played (1&2). UC isn't an action adventure, it's a shooter with shitty platform elements. I did like the presentation however.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
JudasKiss said:
I love the game, but using YouTube personalities as legit reviews? No. Just...no.

The large majority of reviewers are no more professional than any random Youtuber. An AngryJoe review is worth just as much (if not more) as one from IGN or Gametrailers or whatever.

Your correct, however there are much better reviewers on youtube than Overated Joe.

Nicklesbe said:
IkePoR said:
DerNebel said:
Joe usually scores pretty harsh, does anyone know what else got a 10 from him? I think RDR was one.

Mmmm RDR.  Favorite game of 7th gen, tied with Xenoblade.

I havn't played and enjoyed any Xeno game since Xenogears. Played Xenosaga but never finished it. Got busy with a new job and school at the time then forgot about it. Xenoblade any good? It anything like gears?

Can't say, never played Xenogears.  Um, Xenoblade's battle system is like FFXII?  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

IkePoR said:
Nicklesbe said:
IkePoR said:
DerNebel said:
Joe usually scores pretty harsh, does anyone know what else got a 10 from him? I think RDR was one.

Mmmm RDR.  Favorite game of 7th gen, tied with Xenoblade.

I havn't played and enjoyed any Xeno game since Xenogears. Played Xenosaga but never finished it. Got busy with a new job and school at the time then forgot about it. Xenoblade any good? It anything like gears?

Can't say, never played Xenogears.  Um, Xenoblade's battle system is like FFXII?  

Do you still own a ps1? I know not everyone has their old consoles in working order. I think it might be on the PS store as one of the classics. That or find an emulator and rom. What ever ya do ya should really play it. Its one of if not my fav. of all time It's up there with Chronotrigger.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

I'm currently playing the game myself and really enjoying it, but the retarded human enemy AI alone makes it not worth a 10/10.

Around the Network

I like his reviews. I can understand and relate a lot of the times, not that I agree with every opinion he has.

I think an AngryJoe review was what was lacking to confirm the Masterpiece status of TLOU. I always respected his reviews and can say that I agreed with him most times (not all, but most times). So now we can all accept that, besides some minimal flaws like the "retarded" AI many like to brag about, this game is a rounded 10 out of 10. The goods overweight the very few bads.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

The game is okay, but not as great as most people make it out to be. I'd rather have this game as a movie series, I was more intrigued in the story than the gameplay.

DanneSandin said:

I agree with about everything you said, in this post and previous ones about UC. I think the controls got better in UC2, because they were pretty bad in UC1 at times.

I find it a lot more worthwhile and fun to explore in Tomb Raider (2013) than in any of the two UC games I've played (1&2). UC isn't an action adventure, it's a shooter with shitty platform elements. I did like the presentation however.

Good to know others feel the same :)

I'd give it an 8/10 just for the MP.

SP would be a 5 out of 10.

So my score would be 8/10.