By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Former Nintendo Indie boss says "The name Wii U is abysmal"

markodeniro said:
Couldn't they just change the name to Wii Ultra

WHY ARE PEOPLE STICKING WITH THIS. The issue is and has always been the Wii, not the U.

Around the Network

There's so much more wrong with the Wii U than just the name. The design of the console itself pretty much made it an uphill battle to get 3rd party support, and made it more difficult for their own dev teams to release games on. Even if it were named something else, it would still have those problems.

What an astute observation. This man is going places.

Just about everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong for the Wii U. Really hope Nintendo takes a long look at how they everything wrong with a home console.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

As per the usual, let's not focus on the positive things he said, let's make it all about the one thing in that statement that's negative...

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

I agree the name is bad. I hate saying it out loud in public. Same goes with Gamecube

Who is green lighting these decisions in the meetings?

They could still drop the Wii part of the name and just start calling it the U...

Agreed. I remember when the Wii U was announced, there were quite a lot of people who thought the gamepad was an accessory for the Wii.

GoldenTriforce said:
markodeniro said:
Couldn't they just change the name to Wii Ultra

WHY ARE PEOPLE STICKING WITH THIS. The issue is and has always been the Wii, not the U.

Exactly! They should just go back to the "Entertainment System" brand, because that was easily the best one!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Yep, we knew it from the start.

Many people thought Wii U was just a new tablet controller for the Wii (how to blame them when Nintendo was only showing the controller, barely the console?).

They should have called it Wii 2, they could still have showed the tablet but people would have known that it was a new console, not an addon.