By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Safe To Say 3rd Party Support From Wii U Is Pretty Much Gone?

ohmylanta1003 said:
But who buys a Nintendo console for third party!? I certainly don't...that's why you have a PC or one of the other consoles.

The problem is not many are buying it for first party, so it's a double hit. They need 3rd party support to make people who are not die hard nintendo fans that its a console worth paying for.

Nintendo are screwed right now. They should be buying up games/studios or at least paying to get games on their console, because like most people thought, its being treated like a PS3/XB360 as an end of life product.

The release of their next console is also at risk.. if they release too soon, the PS4 will have come down in price and will be potentially (unless they can pull another wii) a better proposition that what ever their next console is. They might have to actually release when the Ps6/XB1 is coming out, and that is also problematic. If they dont release a console that is better/more powerful than the current gen machines, it will be the same issue they have now, and if its not close to what the next gen consoles are, again they will run into the same problems.

They have a lot of issues to fix, and I'm personally not convinced they can fix them unless they get someone who is more tech minded into their company, and learn some serious lessons.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

doesnt seem AC rouge is coming either. It might be done

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:
fedfed said:
I thought RE:Revelation sold more on WiiU...

I know I could check in here but I feel lazy today!

not even close. dont even know why you thought that.

Im not sure what you mean by "not even close". I dont think the 360 version did very well either.

still better than Wii U, not that it makes a difference fedfed was way off his comment no matter how one wants to spin it

Edit: according to this site. WIi U is at .09 sales. 360 at .19 so 360 did more than half Wii U sales. there both terrible but Wii U still isnt close. Both got destroyed by PS3 version at .57

Soundwave said:

Outselling the XB1 with three markets versus two for a couple of weeks really isn't going to sway third parties.

It's just a result of a MK8 bump for the Wii U and nothing of note being released for the X1 the last few weeks.

That's also assuming VGC's isn't overtracking something somewhere, I tend to think they have problems tracking especially in Europe accurately. 

Lets see what July NPD tells us. 

The XB1 got Watch Dogs AND a model that is 100$ cheaper, so it is kind of sad of how it is selling right now

oniyide said:

still better than Wii U, not that it makes a difference fedfed was way off his comment no matter how one wants to spin it

Edit: according to this site. WIi U is at .09 sales. 360 at .19 so 360 did more than half Wii U sales. there both terrible but Wii U still isnt close. Both got destroyed by PS3 version at .57

WiiU has about 7M sold VS 80M for the 360 though...

Around the Network

I really don't understand Capcom's logic regarding Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the WiiU though: " Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the WiiU was a smash hit and that's why we won't bring MH4U over to the WiiU" :-/ 

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Yes, MK Wii failed to lift sales to where third parties wanted them to be and apart from Lego/Skylanders/Just Dance trio I expect pretty much nil support.

KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

thats nice...wasnt really my point

oniyide said:
KLXVER said:
oniyide said:

thats nice...wasnt really my point

Are you sure?

AZWification said:

I really don't understand Capcom's logic regarding Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the WiiU though: " Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the WiiU was a smash hit and that's why we won't bring MH4U over to the WiiU" :-/ 

you're throwing smash hit around pretty freely