By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Iraq: Hell has broken out here and nobody cares

I care, but unless I wake up a Terminator tomorrow, I can't do anything about it.

Around the Network

Since the situation there is based on religion I simply don't care. People fighting each other because of never scientifically proven concepts about life is a hopeless situation that will never solve itself (it must somehow disappear). In my ideal world, we spend money, time and resources in progress instead of waisting it on those ignorant people. I don't care if I get banned, it is my point of view.

Serious_frusting said:

Religion is the scourge of the earth.

90% of the time it causes suffering. It might sound bad but if people stopped preying for each other as much and actually helped all of these countries would not be in such a mess. Also these countries need to help themselves instead of screaming for help from more powerful nations then screaming bullies afterwards.

This is so true. Probably without religion the world would be about the same or even better. Praying accomplish absolutely nothing -_- and the saddest thing is, some religious people thinks they are better human beings only for that reason.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

While no one's going to stop any of you from having the whole "religion is the scourge of the earth/nothing good has ever come from religion/religion should be illegal" mindset, the opinion in and of itself is not on topic, and therefore bait for thread derailment (which has already happened).

I was hoping that we would move on and actually discuss the actual topic (minority persecution from ISIS in the Iraq region), but this kept being brought up over and over, to the point where the mod team needed to interfere and get it back on track.

You need to be careful in how you word said opinion, however, because if worded poorly it comes off as a mass generalization, and the mod team doesn't like mass generalizations. So back it up with facts and the right attitude, and you'll be fine.

But not here, because as it is it's not on topic. Thanks.

DialgaMarine said:
No, because the world is too preoccupied with trying to trash big bad Israel for defending it's borders. But you know... It's okay when Islamist take complete control of a country, force thousands of people out because they're not Islamist, and then destroy a sacred piece of their religion.

Has nothing to do with where or with whom it happens and more with when it happens.  Before the bad stuff between Israel and Hamas you heard about the ISIS everyday on the news and when something "new" would happen in Japan or wherever else, news would almost stop to report about Israel. 

News and many politicians are like "at the moment when something horrible happens in a country, all other horrible things in other countries are just forgotten because that started before the most recent news"

Around the Network

It saddens me how this thread has become a platform for anti-religious vitrol.

Kane1389 said:
Serious_frusting said:

Fine whilst you continue preying innocent men and woman are dying. It does not make you a good person being religious. Being a good person makes you a good person. The people dying are the people in the army and in the affected nations. Tell all the children who have lost pairents that you did your part by preying and listen to what they have to say about it. 

Religion was/is just another form of government. I aint going to prey to david cameron. 

Religious charity organizations and the Catholic Church alone have done more to help people in crisis areas than any of you whinning, hateful, keyboard warriors ever did for anyone or anything

the catholic church function like parasites, they receive money from donations and gvt funding, and what they do not keep to themselves they "give" in a very discriminatory and manipulative ways

a very successfull business though, especially thanks to the vatican financial scam

France is requesting an urgent UN meeting for an intervention

even if the UN doesn't follow I hope france goes nonetheless like they did in Mali

fighter said:

even if the UN doesn't follow I hope france goes nonetheless like they did in Mali

Obama is mulling over airstrikes on the militants/food drops for the refugees.

Interesting stuff, that's for sure.

fighter said:

France doesn't have any interests in that part of the world to guarantee an intervention entirely on their own. If they do, will have their guts handed back to them.