By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Iraq: Hell has broken out here and nobody cares

Smeags said:
fighter said:

France is requesting an urgent UN meeting for an intervention

even if the UN doesn't follow I hope france goes nonetheless like they did in Mali

Obama is mulling over airstrikes on the militants/food drops for the refugees.

Interesting stuff, that's for sure.

i hope muslim states weigh in

ISIS is even a threat to Indonesia 

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2014/08/04/scholar-warns-muslims-isis-influence-indonesia.html

Around the Network

Front page of CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/

The world is finally taking notice. Let's see what is done of it.

spurgeonryan said:

What do you think will or can be done? Anyone want to go back there again? It is a death zone. Did we go to Burma or Sri Lanka? What about the Congo?

Congratulations Spurge, you've been chosen to lead the world armies into Iraq! Go get 'em!

Like I said, the world finally seems to be noticing. I don't know what will be done about it, but the leaders are obviously talking about it and making moves. We'll see soon enough.

crissindahouse said:
DialgaMarine said:
No, because the world is too preoccupied with trying to trash big bad Israel for defending it's borders. But you know... It's okay when Islamist take complete control of a country, force thousands of people out because they're not Islamist, and then destroy a sacred piece of their religion.

Has nothing to do with where or with whom it happens and more with when it happens.  Before the bad stuff between Israel and Hamas you heard about the ISIS everyday on the news and when something "new" would happen in Japan or wherever else, news would almost stop to report about Israel. 

News and many politicians are like "at the moment when something horrible happens in a country, all other horrible things in other countries are just forgotten because that started before the most recent news"

you shouldn't dismiss the point so easily

there are as many journalists in Israel as in the entirety of africa

it has EVERYTHING to do with where it happens and with whom

Really hope the US does do airstrikes. I am normally very much against US involvement over seas, But this can be partly attributed to the iraq war. and i really think the kurds deserve to have their own country by now.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

Yazidi Member of Iraqi Parliament "Fiyan Dakheel" (of the Kurdistan Alliance) collapses in tears after calling upon Humanity to rescue the Yazidis from Genocide.

fighter said:
crissindahouse said:
DialgaMarine said:
No, because the world is too preoccupied with trying to trash big bad Israel for defending it's borders. But you know... It's okay when Islamist take complete control of a country, force thousands of people out because they're not Islamist, and then destroy a sacred piece of their religion.

Has nothing to do with where or with whom it happens and more with when it happens.  Before the bad stuff between Israel and Hamas you heard about the ISIS everyday on the news and when something "new" would happen in Japan or wherever else, news would almost stop to report about Israel. 

News and many politicians are like "at the moment when something horrible happens in a country, all other horrible things in other countries are just forgotten because that started before the most recent news"

you shouldn't dismiss the point so easily

there are as many journalists in Israel as in the entirety of africa

it has EVERYTHING to do with where it happens and with whom

well, when their where the demonstrations in Egypt or with what happened I think 2011 in Libya, I saw exactly as much on at least German TV about that as I see about Gaza and Israel now so that I can only speak about what was gonig on in German media.  Every single news was about these things as well. 

US- media reports maybe much more about Israel but I wouldn't be surprised about that considering the relationship between USA and Israel. 

spurgeonryan said:
Smeags said:
Front page of CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/

The world is finally taking notice. Let's see what is done of it.

What do you think will or can be done? Anyone want to go back there again? It is a death zone. Did we go to Burma or Sri Lanka? What about the Congo?

At this moment their are thousands possible ten thousands stuck on a mountain without water or anything possible getting a terrible death or get down and get shot by the ISIS who shoot all of them trying to come back....    The world have to act very fast or let them die like dogs...

If you really followed the changes and political over the last 20-30 years you have Seen some Major Events like the end of the so called cold war with the reunion of Germany in Central Europe and the Break Down of the Soviet Union.
The First War in Iraq after Iraq invaded Quwait.
9/11 and the war on terror (Second War in Iraq)
Created Vacuums of Power after Leaders got removed by the help of foreign (coalition) forces.
The Israel Situation destabilizes the whole middle East.
Take a Look at Germany right know, Economy Powerhouse, but politically weak, why? After WWI and WWII the German Nation is traumatized and if Germany would stand up tomorrow and take Action in any Direction every European Nation would say "ah Look at These Nazis Krauts getting back on Track again".
The UK always follow their Friends from Washington D.C., and the french have their own interests and relation especially with Africa. Yeah there we have a strong Economy Powerhouse with the E.U., which is on the Other Hand politically weak and don't speak with One Voice, because their three Powerhouses (D, UK, F) are divided.
Russia still is a Powerhouse on it's own. Every Single East European Country lives in Fear of Mother Russia because they act so unpredictable and Things in Russia always change everytime a new Person is in charge of the worlds largest Country.
Only a Unified E.U. with Russia at it's side could be a Global Player, able to bring Mankind in the right Direction.
To clarify of Course always with the Superpower U.S.A., which is always in the bad Situation to be the only one Who Takes Action when Things get out of Hand anywhere on this Planet from Vietnam to Nicaragua to Afghanistan.
I don't believe America is doing this Job very well, Europe would do it much betterl, but they are the only Nation to Risk the life of their Young Sons and Daughters in far away countries mostly sitting on Europes Doorstep, so don't blame the U.S. all the Time.
Would be even more nice to have China on Board as well, it's nice to see such a Great Military Power not using it too much, coz in Asia every Country would Fall if China wants it to.

The Keys of the Game:
Saudia Arabia
Israel and Palestine
A United Europe with Russia at it's side
USA
China
A Solution for the Middle East is Key.

Not going to happen, sadly. I think nowadays many Europeans really believe seeing Young Arabs killing each Other and transforming their countries into rubble is good for Europeans, coz after the Events of 9/11 everybody seems to be fine with that.

WagnerPaiva said:

I will pray for their safety. As a christian myself this pains me a lot, I cannot even imagine how terrible this is.
I will pray first that the Iraq christians keep their faith, even in face of death. And also for their security.
These martyrs that died yesterday are champions of Jesus Christ and shall feast with the Lord in Heaven.

I support you brother. Ill pray for them aswell.

Yay!!!